Happy Friday guys!
I woke up this morning feeling very refreshed and looked outside my window only to find more ice on the ground. I had great sleep and then I realized it’s March and got super excited! The weather forecast is showing that it will get much warmer after the 8th of March. So glad the winter is finally going away and I can enjoy some fresh air. Speaking of a new month, that means we have some goals to write out!
Goals for March:
- Learn a new sport (already have one on mind, will make a video about it)
- Lose 10-15 pounds
- Start vlogging – post first video on Youtube
- Be consistent with my blog posts
- Make a laundry routine so we don’t fall behind on laundry
- Share my blog, be more open about it
- Workout 5x a week
- Sleep 8 hours every night and wake up at 5 am every morning
- Go to bed earlier
- Clear up my acne scarring/skin
- Spend time outdoors as much as I can as soon as it gets warmer outside
- Read at least 1 book
- Get back into writing my to-do lists
- Save money from every paycheck for our future vacations
- Buy our Disneyland and Universal Studios tickets before the end of the month
- Work on myself, mentally and physically
- Only buy new clothes if I lose weight
- Have at least 3 date nights with my husband
- Spend less time on my phone and more time with my husband
That sounds like a pretty good list and things I can for sure accomplish! I didn’t want to make it too goal heavy because sometimes it gets unrealistic, but I know that I could do a bunch of these. And even if I only do 50% of this list, it’s still something!
Do you have any goals for March? How do you write them out and make sure you get them done? Let me know in the comments 🙂
One of my goals this year is to really get into fashion and to try out new styles. Since Spring is just around the corner, I’m already thinking about what kind of outfits I want to buy and wear. I’ve gotten some inspiration from Pinterest and want to organize it! I am thinking of outfits I could wear to work and also on vacations or just casually if I go somewhere. I rarely wear colors and am planning on incorporating them into my outfits.
So I decided the best thing to do is make a new board on Pinterest and have everything I like in there. I’ve been using boards a lot lately and it really organizes everything nicely.
Here’s the link to my board: Spring Style 2019
The problem with our city is that Spring can turn into summer weather real quick so sometimes it just depends on what you can wear. It’s usually cold in the office, so I will most likely be wearing cardigans/jeans from Spring into Summer. But there are a lot of cute outfits I’ve found and I cannot wait to use these as inspiration! I will continue adding more stuff into this board as I find more outfits, so keep an eye out!
Does anyone else use Pinterest to organize their ideas? What do you do for outfit inspiration? Let me know below, would love to try some new things out as well! 🙂
This is a very exciting post for me because I’m going to write out our long 9-day trip that’s happening in May, day by day! We are calling it our honeymoon part 1 because there will be a part 2 eventually. We’ve been talking about going back to Santa Barbara for a while now and originally we were only going to go for four nights because everything was so expensive, but we found a way around it! We actually ended up making it a 9 day vacation and it wasn’t as expensive as it should’ve been. So here’s how we are planning it out.
Saturday May 25th to Sunday May 26th: Our flight leaves for LA at 5am and we will be there by 10am. We chose the LAX airport because it was much cheaper flying into LA than SB. That’s when we decided to go two days earlier than we planned and just stay in LA that weekend. We planned to go to the two parks in Disneyland and Universal Studios from the start, but just by making it a day trip from SB, but this is much easier and that way we have two full days to do whatever we want in LA. We also were able to find a cheap Airbnb right by Disneyland. But we are going to Disneyland and Universal Studios!!! I am SO pumped! It’s my first time so I’m acting like a kid, but I am too excited!
Monday May 27th to Sunday June 2nd: We rented a car so we will drive that morning from LA to SB, take a nice long cruise by the coastline, and enjoy some road trip time together. Cannot wait to see the views by the ocean and the mountains, it will be beautiful! We decided to spend the next 6 days in Santa Barbara because we found a really cheap Airbnb so we were able to stay longer than we thought. This will give us time to really soak up SB and enjoy what their city has to offer. We haven’t planned out every single thing we are doing yet, but I will update when we do! On that Sunday, we will drive back to LA and spend some time there before our flight in the evening. This is going to be the longest we’ve ever stayed in California, it’s going to be great!
That’s what we have planned so far, we literally just booked all the Airbnb’s, bought the flight tickets, and rented the car just yesterday! In a month, we’re going to purchase the Disneyland and Universal Studios tickets since those can really be purchased at any time.
Side note: I surprised Mirhad with this camera he has wanted so he could start filming (his dream is to be a director one day) and I went and bought it last night for him. He totally didn’t see it coming and had the best reaction! I told him this will be great for him taking pictures and videos of me on vacation 😂 Anyways, I’m happy he can finally use his own camera instead of mine and I know he is too! Hopefully he can learn how to use the camera like an expert by May so we can get some cool footage. Maybe by then my Youtube channel will be started?! 🙂
But yeah, that’s our trip planning. Has anyone else been to Disneyland or Universal Studios? Anything we HAVE to see?? Any recommendations for food in LA and Santa Barbara? I will do some research, but I’d love to hear from personal experience. 🙂
My husband and I got married last May and it’ll be a year since we’ve been married in about 3-4 months. We pushed off our honeymoon to save some money and pick the perfect destination since we didn’t have a wedding. After doing lots of research and thinking, we’ve decided we want to go to Hawaii! At first, we looked at going to Honolulu, but I think we are leaning more towards Maui.
We chose Hawaii because we’ve never been there before and it seems like a great place to spend a couple days relaxing and exploring. The top two places we’d go to would be Honolulu and Maui. Honolulu is the capital, so that means there will be lots of tourists. We had a friend who said it’s kind of like when you go to Florida, like that kind of vibe. And then Maui is more exploring, hiking, beaches, and mountains. I think Maui would be so much fun especially if we could find like cool little waterfalls and stuff like that. It would be lots of fun exploring the area instead of being in a touristy place.
Another plus about Maui is that it’s closer than Honolulu, it’s the island right before it.
The red pin is where Maui is and you can see it’s a little closer than Honolulu. The flight times aren’t THAT much of a difference. We would have to fly from our city to LA or somewhere in California and then to Hawaii. The total flight time would be 8 hours and 35 minutes. So 4 hours from here to LA and then from LA to Maui would be another 4 hours. And that’s IF it’s a flight from here to LA, if it’s somewhere else it’s probably going to be more like 11-12 hours. That’s a LONG flight that I’m not sure I’ll be able to sit through, but it’ll be worth it!
Was looking for ideas of what to see in Maui and found this awesome video! Now I’m wondering if we’ll need to rent a car, hmm…
But really though, so many turtles!!!! Would be so cool to see one snorkling!
Here’s another good informative video, I feel like I’ve watched this before – I’ve watched pretty much every single video on this youtube channel (don’t judge me) and now I’m really looking out for things to see!
When we book our flights and hotel, I will be posting my travel essentials for this trip and more! Stay tuned! 🙂
I love Amazon and I feel like my husband and I order from there quite often. So I thought it would be a cool idea to show you guys my top 5 favorite purchases in no order and why I like them!
#1: Camera & Phone Tripod
- I really like this tripod because the last one I had was the type where you could pull these circles off and make it smaller or whatever and it was just annoying dealing with it. This one is sturdy and can’t break easily. It wasn’t super expensive either. It also comes with a phone mount thing where you could put your phone and it has a camera mount if you want to put your digital camera. One more awesome perk is that it comes with a remote shutter which is super cool!
#2: Dimmable Fluorescent Ring Light
- This is the first time I’ve purchased a ring light and I have to say that this changes EVERYTHING! Yesterday I was checking out my makeup in the mirror and had this light on – it made my skin look flawless. I could see every detail whereas on my regular mirror, it’s hard to see if I messed up somewhere. I bought this to use when I make Youtube videos or when I take pictures, so I think this was a good investment. I got the cheaper version of the two since I didn’t really care what color the metal was, works fine either way.
#3: Mezzaluna Chopper and Knife
- Okay this is one of the coolest kitchen tools we own! One time, we got a salad at Subway and they used some blade thing to chop the salad in a big bowl and literally the salad was amazing. So later on, we find out that this is the tool they use! We found it on Amazon for a great price and tried it the other day when making a salad. It chopped through lettuce, cucumbers, and chicken. It was so good! The blades are really sharp so I’d be careful around this one!
#4: Bed Head Deep Waver for Beachy Waves
- This reminded me of a crimper from like way back in 6th grade. It makes beautiful beachy waves! My hair is medium length right now and it makes it look so wavy I love it. I can’t wait until it grows even longer, I’ll feel so tropical. I watched a Youtube video of someone using this on short hair too and it looks so pretty. If you look at the reviews, you can see how it looks on different hair styles. One of the best purchases for my hair lately.
#5: simplehuman Rectangular Step Trash Can
- My husband broke our trash can over the summer – I washed it and left it outside to dry and he ended up dropping it to the point where it broke and wasn’t usable anymore. We were thinking about just replacing a piece (the black can inside), but it was pointless to do since that wasn’t really cheap either. Also, it’s tough finding one that exactly fits yours when you don’t even know what trash can it is anymore! So we searched for months and decided to get this one. Best decision ever!! This trash can is great and it closes by itself slowly so it doesn’t slam on anything. They also gave us a sample of their trash bags that are like a true fit to our specific can and I think we’re going to purchase some more because they’re amazing. It’s so easy to pull the trash bag out whereas before it was a struggle. It’s also a good size for a not so big kitchen.
So that’s my list, have you tried any of these items?? Let me know in the comments! 🙂
Hello & good morning!
Having a nice cup of coffee and writing out my plans and goals for the weekend. I write my goals for the week in a notebook every Sunday or Monday and sometimes I forget to write stuff I want to do for the weekend. So this will be helpful!
Goals and things I have to do:
- Set up patio set and lights – this has been something we have been working on for about 2 weeks now, it’s just a lot of work cleaning out our backyard, but we should be able to set it up today if not tomorrow
- Clean my car and truck – have been meaning to clean the inside for a week now, but I have been waiting for Mirhad to go dump the stuff we threw in the back of the truck from the garage so it’s all clear so I can clean it easier
- Clean stuff from alley way – I don’t think anyone is going to come by from the city to clean it (THANKS A LOT) even though it’s their property, how annoying. So I think we will either clean the stuff closest to us or not do anything and put up a fence lol
- Vlog – I haven’t vlogged in so long 😦 so I want to do that this weekend
- Read – I’ve been meaning to sit down and read, but this week was a blur lol
- Meditate at least 1x this weekend – my goal has been to do it 3x this week with Mirhad, but we both haven’t had time
- Find a box to keep my old bills in – it’s just nice to have it organized and if I ever need to pull one out, I know where to find it
- Grab the bonfire from my moms house – this could’ve easily been done like 100 times this week, but we’re so lazy -.- so that definitely needs to happen this weekend because we want to do bonfires!!!
- Wash more winter clothes – so I’ve taken all my winter stuff out and washed at least half, the other half needs to be done and Mirhad’s winter stuff too!
- Organize our closet – clean it out and put away all summer stuff and put in all winter stuff woohoo!
So it’s a pretty long list, but nothing on there takes more than a day to do. The closet and washing clothes will probably be the lengthiest, but it’s gotta get done!
- I am working until 3ish and then I will do some chores around the house
- Going to make a healthy lunch
- Possibly have my niece and nephew sleep over tonight
- Mirhad will hopefully start putting up the lights in the yard
- Start organizing the closet
- Have to go over to my sister in laws around 10am to help her with something – guess I can’t really say it on here until I post pics so until then hahaha
- Going to my best friends parents house around 5ish, will chill there for a bit and then head home, not sure what we’ll do after… maybe a bonfire?!?!!? 😀
- Maybe I can get Mirhad to wash some laundry this day
- Hopefully by this time, I’ll have all my chores done so I can CHILL on a Sunday for once
- Planning to just light a candle, watch a movie, and chill
- Will probably wash more laundry on this day
So that’s pretty much my weekend, not too much going on!
Yesterday we went to get carry-on suitcases from Marshall’s and I ended up buying a really cute mug that says “Hello Fall” on it. It’s actually really big, I selected more coffee on the Keurig and it only got to halfway 😂 I also noticed this is the same mug my favorite Youtuber Casey Holmes bought the other day too!!! So I thought that was cool!
So currently I am finishing up that cup of coffee. I feel good, I feel great. Woke up at 7:50 this morning and logged into work and I am now balancing my work stuff with blogging. The other day I bought Anastasia dip brow, I usually never do my eyebrows unless someone else does it for me for an event, but I’ve decided to learn myself so that I can fill mine in a little better. Maybe it’ll complete my makeup look, hopefully I don’t look scary lol.
Today, Mirhad has to catch up on homework or I should say use this time to get ahead. He has an exam on Monday and then like 2 papers due after that and one of them is due on the 26th when we are in Seattle, so he’s going to have to finish that before. His teacher changed it last minute of course, but we aren’t cancelling our trip for that hahaha.
We have a wedding to go to this weekend, but aside from that I’m going to be using this weekend to plan my outfits for the trip and plan pretty much everything so I am not doing it last minute like my trip to Dallas where I packed my clothes when I came from work 😂 We also need to deep clean the house this weekend so we don’t have to do that right before we leave.
I was thinking about doing some yard work today, maybe cleaning out the weeds from my flowers up front and getting rid of any flowers that died. I am so bad at watering my flowers lol, but I swear I’ll get better especially now that it’s not scorching hot outside!
I need to book a nail appointment for next week, I am thinking about either doing black gel nails or a nude color. I am really feeling the black nails since it’s fall and it won’t get bad during my trip. About to get on Pinterest and just look for some more ideas!
I think that’s it for now, see ya! 🙂