Happy Friday guys!
I woke up this morning feeling very refreshed and looked outside my window only to find more ice on the ground. I had great sleep and then I realized it’s March and got super excited! The weather forecast is showing that it will get much warmer after the 8th of March. So glad the winter is finally going away and I can enjoy some fresh air. Speaking of a new month, that means we have some goals to write out!
Goals for March:
- Learn a new sport (already have one on mind, will make a video about it)
- Lose 10-15 pounds
- Start vlogging – post first video on Youtube
- Be consistent with my blog posts
- Make a laundry routine so we don’t fall behind on laundry
- Share my blog, be more open about it
- Workout 5x a week
- Sleep 8 hours every night and wake up at 5 am every morning
- Go to bed earlier
- Clear up my acne scarring/skin
- Spend time outdoors as much as I can as soon as it gets warmer outside
- Read at least 1 book
- Get back into writing my to-do lists
- Save money from every paycheck for our future vacations
- Buy our Disneyland and Universal Studios tickets before the end of the month
- Work on myself, mentally and physically
- Only buy new clothes if I lose weight
- Have at least 3 date nights with my husband
- Spend less time on my phone and more time with my husband
That sounds like a pretty good list and things I can for sure accomplish! I didn’t want to make it too goal heavy because sometimes it gets unrealistic, but I know that I could do a bunch of these. And even if I only do 50% of this list, it’s still something!
Do you have any goals for March? How do you write them out and make sure you get them done? Let me know in the comments 🙂
My husband and I got married last May and it’ll be a year since we’ve been married in about 3-4 months. We pushed off our honeymoon to save some money and pick the perfect destination since we didn’t have a wedding. After doing lots of research and thinking, we’ve decided we want to go to Hawaii! At first, we looked at going to Honolulu, but I think we are leaning more towards Maui.
We chose Hawaii because we’ve never been there before and it seems like a great place to spend a couple days relaxing and exploring. The top two places we’d go to would be Honolulu and Maui. Honolulu is the capital, so that means there will be lots of tourists. We had a friend who said it’s kind of like when you go to Florida, like that kind of vibe. And then Maui is more exploring, hiking, beaches, and mountains. I think Maui would be so much fun especially if we could find like cool little waterfalls and stuff like that. It would be lots of fun exploring the area instead of being in a touristy place.
Another plus about Maui is that it’s closer than Honolulu, it’s the island right before it.
The red pin is where Maui is and you can see it’s a little closer than Honolulu. The flight times aren’t THAT much of a difference. We would have to fly from our city to LA or somewhere in California and then to Hawaii. The total flight time would be 8 hours and 35 minutes. So 4 hours from here to LA and then from LA to Maui would be another 4 hours. And that’s IF it’s a flight from here to LA, if it’s somewhere else it’s probably going to be more like 11-12 hours. That’s a LONG flight that I’m not sure I’ll be able to sit through, but it’ll be worth it!
Was looking for ideas of what to see in Maui and found this awesome video! Now I’m wondering if we’ll need to rent a car, hmm…
But really though, so many turtles!!!! Would be so cool to see one snorkling!
Here’s another good informative video, I feel like I’ve watched this before – I’ve watched pretty much every single video on this youtube channel (don’t judge me) and now I’m really looking out for things to see!
When we book our flights and hotel, I will be posting my travel essentials for this trip and more! Stay tuned! 🙂
“Me time” is super important to me because I think it’s an essential to happiness. Taking time to be alone, give yourself some love, and take that time to rest and rejuvenate. So here’s how I spend that time.
I usually like to take a Saturday and spend a couple hours for this. The first thing I like to do is either take a bath or a nice shower so my face is fresh for the face mask I am about to apply. After I apply my face mask, I’ll sit down in my quiet space (which I made sure is clean and organized) and pick something to do. Of course, I can’t relax without a candle being lit!
So by then I have already picked something I want to do, I usually pick something like this:
- Watch a movie I’ve been meaning to watch
- Catch up on shows
- Catch up on my Youtube videos I subscribe to
- Drink coffee with my husband (this relaxes me, so if I am feeling like I don’t need to be alone at the moment, he will join)
- Read a book
- Read the news
- Read some interesting Buzzfeed articles
- Write a to do list and things I need/want
Yes, there’s SO MUCH you can choose to do! Maybe even just lay there and think about your day or meditate, craft, treat yourself at the salon, or go outside and explore some nature. There’s so much to do. I haven’t been able to meditate for some reason, I tried doing it with my husband, but I end up laughing at him lol. I can’t keep it together hahaha.
I think everyone should have some “me time.” I believe it helps us in these ways:
- Helps us relax
- Gives us some time to think deeply
- Makes us more productive
- Gives your brain a break + a reboot
So take some time for yourself and let your mind speak to you!