I love planning for trips, it’s one of my favorite things to do. Even if it’s a short trip, I still like to plan out the stuff I’ll bring and the stuff I don’t want to forget. So even though this trip is only 3 days, I still go all out 🙌🏼 I’m hoping for this weekend trip to be very social media free, I want to just unplug and relax. I think all of us need this so the only time I would be using my phone would be to take pictures and videos, in which I will also be using my camera.
So, the weather is saying there is a chance of snow/rain and I already am thinking about what shoes I’m bringing. Probably my duck boots, since those are great in the snow and rain. And since it’s a short trip, I don’t have to bring too much clothes!
The list of stuff I’m bringing:
Pretty much just comfy clothing like:
- fuzzy socks
- my slippers
What am I packing in my little book bag?
- my camera
- camera charger
- phone charger
- a good book to read
- my iPad (only for movies at night if we’re bored or during the car rides)
- a healthy snack
- my notebook and a pen
- my chapstick
- a body spray
Something random I might bring along is a couple board games like Sorry and UNO. That might be fun to play with the fam if we get bored (which is probably not going to happen because there will be amazing views and a nice jacuzzi to go along with them).
That’s what I usually carry when I travel anywhere. A smaller book bag is easier for me than carrying a purse. I’m not bringing any makeup for this trip because I feel like it’s pointless since it’s such a short trip and also, I don’t think I’ll need it 🙂
So yeah, that’s pretty much all I’ll be bringing! The car ride is 7 hours long so let’s hope it goes by super fast. It will be a good trip!
Hello & good morning!
Having a nice cup of coffee and writing out my plans and goals for the weekend. I write my goals for the week in a notebook every Sunday or Monday and sometimes I forget to write stuff I want to do for the weekend. So this will be helpful!
Goals and things I have to do:
- Set up patio set and lights – this has been something we have been working on for about 2 weeks now, it’s just a lot of work cleaning out our backyard, but we should be able to set it up today if not tomorrow
- Clean my car and truck – have been meaning to clean the inside for a week now, but I have been waiting for Mirhad to go dump the stuff we threw in the back of the truck from the garage so it’s all clear so I can clean it easier
- Clean stuff from alley way – I don’t think anyone is going to come by from the city to clean it (THANKS A LOT) even though it’s their property, how annoying. So I think we will either clean the stuff closest to us or not do anything and put up a fence lol
- Vlog – I haven’t vlogged in so long 😦 so I want to do that this weekend
- Read – I’ve been meaning to sit down and read, but this week was a blur lol
- Meditate at least 1x this weekend – my goal has been to do it 3x this week with Mirhad, but we both haven’t had time
- Find a box to keep my old bills in – it’s just nice to have it organized and if I ever need to pull one out, I know where to find it
- Grab the bonfire from my moms house – this could’ve easily been done like 100 times this week, but we’re so lazy -.- so that definitely needs to happen this weekend because we want to do bonfires!!!
- Wash more winter clothes – so I’ve taken all my winter stuff out and washed at least half, the other half needs to be done and Mirhad’s winter stuff too!
- Organize our closet – clean it out and put away all summer stuff and put in all winter stuff woohoo!
So it’s a pretty long list, but nothing on there takes more than a day to do. The closet and washing clothes will probably be the lengthiest, but it’s gotta get done!
- I am working until 3ish and then I will do some chores around the house
- Going to make a healthy lunch
- Possibly have my niece and nephew sleep over tonight
- Mirhad will hopefully start putting up the lights in the yard
- Start organizing the closet
- Have to go over to my sister in laws around 10am to help her with something – guess I can’t really say it on here until I post pics so until then hahaha
- Going to my best friends parents house around 5ish, will chill there for a bit and then head home, not sure what we’ll do after… maybe a bonfire?!?!!? 😀
- Maybe I can get Mirhad to wash some laundry this day
- Hopefully by this time, I’ll have all my chores done so I can CHILL on a Sunday for once
- Planning to just light a candle, watch a movie, and chill
- Will probably wash more laundry on this day
So that’s pretty much my weekend, not too much going on!
I didn’t get much sleep last night and it really took a toll on my day/mood. So I drank some coffee and it helped a little bit, but I think I need some food in my system to give me real energy! I’m currently eating an apple and working on some user stories for work. Tonight I think we’ll both go to bed earlier because Mirhad got even less sleep than I did because he was studying all night -_-
On the other hand, 8 more days!!!!! I am starting to wrap stuff up for work so everything is good to go for next week. And I am slowly starting to put a list together for what I need to bring – this will take a while. I have the essentials of course, but since we’ve never done a trip like this, I don’t want to forget anything. I need to buy other things like a small bottle of dry shampoo because I know I can’t take that big one lol.
What else? Yesterday we deep cleaned the whole house except for one room (the storage room) so we’re tackling that this weekend. Hoping to put everything where it belongs and have it ready to be a guest bedroom. There is SO MUCH random stuff in there, maybe we can throw a bunch of it away. A lot of it is Mirhad’s clothes, maybe his winter clothes? Not sure, but we’ll do something with it. That room will be the hardest to deal with, but it needs to get done. Otherwise, everything else is so sparkly clean 😀 we even moved our bed around in our room and it changed everything. I went an got the night stands we’ve wanted and they’re so useful already.
Haven’t been able to blog all weekend. I started a post on Friday, but the weekend flew by and by the time I knew it – I didn’t even write one post 😦 New goal is to post once everyday, that way I can write my thoughts down too.
But yeah, that’s pretty much it. Going to go work on some stuff and then plan 🙂
Late post today, it’s been very busy since the 16th so I haven’t had time to sit down and just write. I’m planning to bring my laptop on the trip so I can give myself an hour everyday to blog. Currently, I am in bed just writing this and I’m super tired, but I am fighting through it.
So let’s start with what my day consisted of today! My alarm woke me up as usual @ 3:45 AM so I can wake up Mirhad to eat for Juftar (it’s Ramadan) and then I went back to sleep. At 6 AM, Mirhad woke ME up…lol to go to the gym and that’s when I regretted saying “I’m going to wake up at 6 am tomorrow to go to the gym” the day before because Mirhad remembered that and jumped to the opportunity smh. SO I had to go, I had no choice. On the bright side, I did a light workout so I’m not really sore since I’m going to be traveling tomorrow and then afterwards we swam and went to the jacuzzi! It woke me up though and it felt good to leave the gym at 8 with my whole day ahead of me. Afterwards, we went to my parents house to grab their truck so Mirhad could go get the power wash so we could power wash our siding. So that’s what we did for 2-3 hours and I also fixed up my flowers a bit since there were weeds growing around it. I had my ortho appointment @ 1 so I went to that and by the time I came back, Mirhad was asleep (of course). For the rest of the day, I pretty much just cleaned the whole house so it’s clean when I’m back and I also washed some laundry AND hung out with my little sister lol. Tomorrow, I’m packing my stuff to get ready to go and then we are going to my niece’s kindergarten graduation, can’t wait! ❤
Mirhad told me that when we come back from our trip, we’re going to look at buying a mini golden-doodle… I’m so happy!!!! I cannot wait to have a little puppy with my hubby, our first official addition to our new family 🙂
But that’s the updates for now, this month has been flying by, just hope it slows done during our road trip bc I want to enjoy it and live in the moment forever!