Good morning and happy Monday you guys!
My trip to New Orleans is 24 days away and you know I always love to plan ahead with everything because it makes me feel more organized. So I thought I’d go ahead and think about what I’m packing for those 3 days especially since we decided to go to the beach!
I think I’m going to bring 4-5 outfits total to wear out in case I need to change or I’m not feeling it. So for those I will have to go shopping for, but this is how I am imagining it to be.
- two dresses (need to buy some pretty ones)
- pair of jeans
- 4 pairs of shirts, can be casual or fancy
- 4 pairs of shoes
- flip flops for the beach
- swimsuit (need to buy a new one from Target soon unless my old ones can fit)
- beach cover-up
- sunglasses (need to buy a nice pair because I just gave mine to my mom)
- possibly a cute sun hat
- my pjs (a shirt and shorts)
- an outfit to travel in for the car ride
I think that’s about all the clothes/accessories I should be bringing since we will just be gone for 3 days. I always overdo it, but I guess you can never have too many back up clothes right?!
Some of the other things I’ll probably pack in my purse or book bag is my Kindle for the car ride so I can read my book, my planner (maybe, not sure if I want to carry this around yet), chapstick, wallet, my camera + charger, phone charger, and my camera stick. Want to carry around a light book bag, so I’m either going to use one of my older ones or get myself another one! I have been eyeing this Coach one, but I’m not 100% sure if I want to buy it yet.
What are some essentials you guys pack on a short trip like this? Should I bring anything else?! Let me know in the comments 🙂
It’s officially the first day of spring!!! Just like for any season, you have to have a bucket list for this season too. Writing this list has made me so excited for spring, so here we go!
- Fly a kite
- Take pictures of the pretty trees + flowers blooming
- Have a nice picnic around the pretty colors
- Go on a random road trip or two
- Visit the farmers market
- Rollerblade lots and lots in the park
- Make a bird feeder (we have bird food, just never got around to making them a house)
- Take our niece and nephew to the park
- Plan out April and May in my planner
- Spend time outside as much as I can, soak up the warm sun
- Go to the Botanical Gardens
- Buy fresh flowers
- Make our front/back yard look nice
- Look for bunnies
- Have a BBQ at the park
- Take lots of photos of my husband and I outside
- Plan our California trip
- Plan our 2-3 summer trips
- Prank my husband for April Fool’s Day
- Keep the windows open at home as much as we can, let the fresh air flow in
- Set up our patio table and chairs
- Read on my Kindle outside
- Feed ducks
- Visit 2-3 zoo’s outside of our city
- Get an Banana split ice cream and eat it with my husband at the park
So far this is my list, I think if I remember anything else I’ll just add it. It’s not a super long list so I think I can accomplish it. You can tell I just want to spend a lot of time outside!
Have you guys created your spring bucket list yet?? Anything you think I should add to mine? Let me know in the comments!! 🙂
Happy Friday guys!
I woke up this morning feeling very refreshed and looked outside my window only to find more ice on the ground. I had great sleep and then I realized it’s March and got super excited! The weather forecast is showing that it will get much warmer after the 8th of March. So glad the winter is finally going away and I can enjoy some fresh air. Speaking of a new month, that means we have some goals to write out!
Goals for March:
- Learn a new sport (already have one on mind, will make a video about it)
- Lose 10-15 pounds
- Start vlogging – post first video on Youtube
- Be consistent with my blog posts
- Make a laundry routine so we don’t fall behind on laundry
- Share my blog, be more open about it
- Workout 5x a week
- Sleep 8 hours every night and wake up at 5 am every morning
- Go to bed earlier
- Clear up my acne scarring/skin
- Spend time outdoors as much as I can as soon as it gets warmer outside
- Read at least 1 book
- Get back into writing my to-do lists
- Save money from every paycheck for our future vacations
- Buy our Disneyland and Universal Studios tickets before the end of the month
- Work on myself, mentally and physically
- Only buy new clothes if I lose weight
- Have at least 3 date nights with my husband
- Spend less time on my phone and more time with my husband
That sounds like a pretty good list and things I can for sure accomplish! I didn’t want to make it too goal heavy because sometimes it gets unrealistic, but I know that I could do a bunch of these. And even if I only do 50% of this list, it’s still something!
Do you have any goals for March? How do you write them out and make sure you get them done? Let me know in the comments 🙂
I love planning for trips, it’s one of my favorite things to do. Even if it’s a short trip, I still like to plan out the stuff I’ll bring and the stuff I don’t want to forget. So even though this trip is only 3 days, I still go all out 🙌🏼 I’m hoping for this weekend trip to be very social media free, I want to just unplug and relax. I think all of us need this so the only time I would be using my phone would be to take pictures and videos, in which I will also be using my camera.
So, the weather is saying there is a chance of snow/rain and I already am thinking about what shoes I’m bringing. Probably my duck boots, since those are great in the snow and rain. And since it’s a short trip, I don’t have to bring too much clothes!
The list of stuff I’m bringing:
Pretty much just comfy clothing like:
- fuzzy socks
- my slippers
What am I packing in my little book bag?
- my camera
- camera charger
- phone charger
- a good book to read
- my iPad (only for movies at night if we’re bored or during the car rides)
- a healthy snack
- my notebook and a pen
- my chapstick
- a body spray
Something random I might bring along is a couple board games like Sorry and UNO. That might be fun to play with the fam if we get bored (which is probably not going to happen because there will be amazing views and a nice jacuzzi to go along with them).
That’s what I usually carry when I travel anywhere. A smaller book bag is easier for me than carrying a purse. I’m not bringing any makeup for this trip because I feel like it’s pointless since it’s such a short trip and also, I don’t think I’ll need it 🙂
So yeah, that’s pretty much all I’ll be bringing! The car ride is 7 hours long so let’s hope it goes by super fast. It will be a good trip!
Hope you all had a great New Years! Last year, my blogging schedule was all over the place and now that I think about it, I wouldn’t even call it a blogging schedule. It was pretty much whenever I had time/felt like blogging. In 2019, I am creating an actual blogging schedule where I will have set times on when I will be writing/publishing new posts.
My original plan was to find a desk calendar at Marshall’s or TJ Maxx, but I had no luck. Then I thought about ordering one from Amazon, but there were some basic ones for $12 and I didn’t think it was worth it at that price. I mean, at that point I might as well buy a planner. So what I did instead was go on Microsoft Word and found a calendar template. I even found one that had every single month for 2019. I printed it out today and started filling in my schedule, this one will be strictly for blogging.
I took some time to think about what days to choose and I ended up deciding to create posts 3x a week. So for example I chose Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays because those are the days where I usually don’t have heavy meetings at work and that way I’ll still have time and energy when I come home to write. Fridays I always work from home so that one will be the easiest because I can just wake up earlier and start writing. I also wanted to pick one day every weekend to write as well. I think for that I might just switch days every weekend, like one weekend I’ll do Saturday and the next it’ll be Sunday. And then in the future if I have a vacation coming up, I’ll either just skip those days and make up for them or I will just leave it as is and continue the following week when I’m back. For example, we’re going to Tennessee at the end of this month and I plan to spend some quality time with my husband and family so I don’t want to be occupied with my phone or computer. For those days where I had to blog, I will probably just skip them and start fresh the following week.
For me, it’s important to create this blogging schedule because I feel like in the last 6 months I really haven’t been following my routine and including blogging as much as I’ve wanted to. We’ll see if this method works and if not, I will move on to another method. I want to step up my blogging so I can accomplish my goal of one day becoming a full time blogger. Hope this is a step in the right direction!
Does anyone else have a schedule like this for blogging? Does it work for you? Let me know in the comments!
2019 will be a great year, looking forward to lots of happiness, love, and personal growth. I plan to travel as much as I can and as much as my vacation days at work allow me. We’ve already started planning for some vacations, so they’ll be included in the list as well. So here’s my top 10 cities I want to visit in 2019 in no order whatsoever.
- New York – when it’s warmer, probably sometime in the summer. I’ve only been in December, so I would love to see Central Park in all its beauty in the summer time. And we’ll we’re in NY, I would want to go see Niagara Falls because I saw it as a kid, but my husband never has been
- Mexico or Dominican Republic – my mom wants all of us to go together (the families) so that should be fun
- Chicago – in the summer because that’s the best time to go. Lots more you can do when it’s warmer outside like swim in the lake, visit rooftop restaurants, etc.,
- Bosnia – we really want to go visit our mainland, but I don’t know if it’s feasible this year with my vacation days. It would be great to see my grandparents and introduce my husband to my family whom he’s never met before
- Seattle – we want to go for a couple days in the summer since we were there in the fall time. And this time, we wouldn’t just stay a day! It would be more like 3-4 days which gives us time to explore more of the city and hangout with friends
- This will be a placeholder for our honeymoon – we don’t know where we want to go yet, but we’re definitely planning to go in 2019
- Los Angeles – have been applying to win Ellen tickets again like I did that one time, but I wasn’t able to go. I heard she was retiring in a year, so I want to go before she stops doing the Ellen show. We went to LA over 5 years ago, so I’d love to go back and explore it better than I did the first time (and visit Santa Barbara <3)
- Yellowstone National Park – this is on my list for sure! This one would take a lot of planning
- Miami – I kind of want to go here for my birthday this year, just a weekend would be nice. My birthday falls on a Thursday, so I could just go for 3-4 days and it would be fun! I still need to plan for Mirhad’s birthday, we’re trying this thing where we just go visit somewhere for our birthdays instead of staying at home! His is on a Friday, so it’s much easier to take off 1 day of vacation days and go somewhere for 3 days
- Lake Tahoe – my mom REALLY wants to go here next summer too. We had a lot of fun there in 2016 and she wants us all to go again including my husbands parens. I think it’s a great idea and Lake Tahoe is such a beautiful place
I really hope I can visit all of these awesome places because trust me, a girl needs a vacation multiple times a year especially when you work all the time! So here’s hoping we all get to visit the places we have planned to visit in 2019! ✈️✈️✈️
Are you guys planning on going anywhere in 2019?? Let me know! 🙂
Have been MIA since Monday lol, but I’m back. I’m working from home, drinking a cup of TEA – not coffee, and I am sick. Mirhad and I are both sick which sucks. I think I caught something from work and him (he was sick first) because we have similar, but different symptoms. I have a sore throat with a runny nose and a huge headache, he has a stuffy nose and kind of a sore throat. Well wait, now that I think about it, our symptoms are pretty similar hahaha. So yeah, I am sitting here waiting for my meeting, drinking my chamomile tea. If you’ve never had chamomile tea, you need to try it! It’s delicious and always makes me feel better just because of the smell.
I made a to-do list for today, but who knows if I’ll even have the energy to do any of it. I still need to clean my car and we need to cut the grass and clean up the yard. I would say let’s save it for Saturday because it’ll be less hot outside, but Mirhad has an essay he has to do, so he may say let’s do it and end up not doing it. Our grass is SUPER tall, it grows like crazy. Seriously, I feel like everyone else can go 3-4 weeks without cutting it and it still looks fine and ours grows after like 1-2 weeks lol.
My parents came back from Europe late Tuesday night and they brought all kinds of stuff – some presents from family members and of course Chipsy (chips) and my favorite chocolate bars 😀 made my day.
Going to for sure plan out my outfits this weekend and pack. I can’t believe the trip is 5 days away! Time passes by so fast, but I hope it slows down for our trip 🙂
That’s all for now, bye! 🙂