I was reading a post from LA which was about checking in on her winter bucket list. I thought this was such great idea to go back to your winter bucket list and see if you accomplished anything on there. Plus, winter is basically over and I have already started on my spring bucket list so there’s no better time to do this than now!
- Drink hot chocolate and watch a movie in my pj’s w/ my husband yes, did this a lot of times.. maybe just once with hot chocolate though
- Bake cookies and decorate them (sprinkles, frosting, etc) did bake cookies, just didn’t do the decorating part like I wanted to
- Go see Christmas lights at least 3x yes! Saw many Christmas lights
- Buy presents for family, wrap them, and put them under the tree yes! Had a post about this too, hours and hours of wrapping, but worth it
- Go ice-skating we went at least 2x
- Visit Chicago and see the lights + ice skate we did end up going to Chicago and we did get to see all the lights, but the line to ice skate was like 2+ hours and we weren’t going to wait that long so maybe next year
- Plan an upcoming vacation yes, planned our Gatlinburg, TN trip
- Watch as many movies as I can during my free time YES! Watched sooooo many movies it was ridiculous. I think 2018 was the year I became a movie lover
- Write my 2019 goals yes + got a planner and updated it to the max
- Decorate a gingerbread house with husband no, didn’t end up doing this sadly
- Scrapbook was able to sit down and do it once, but I needed more supplies so until next time
- Read yes! I actually got to read a lot this winter and I’m super proud of myself because I used to NEVER read books
I’d say I got most of this list done, the couple things I didn’t get to do was probably because we decided not to do it! Before I found my list, I really thought I wasn’t going to end up checking any of these off because usually I write a super long list and end up doing like 2 things only. I’m surprised, but it was a fun winter so it makes sense! 🙂
Thanks LA for the great idea! Everyone should check her page out, she’s awesome!
It’s officially the first day of spring!!! Just like for any season, you have to have a bucket list for this season too. Writing this list has made me so excited for spring, so here we go!
- Fly a kite
- Take pictures of the pretty trees + flowers blooming
- Have a nice picnic around the pretty colors
- Go on a random road trip or two
- Visit the farmers market
- Rollerblade lots and lots in the park
- Make a bird feeder (we have bird food, just never got around to making them a house)
- Take our niece and nephew to the park
- Plan out April and May in my planner
- Spend time outside as much as I can, soak up the warm sun
- Go to the Botanical Gardens
- Buy fresh flowers
- Make our front/back yard look nice
- Look for bunnies
- Have a BBQ at the park
- Take lots of photos of my husband and I outside
- Plan our California trip
- Plan our 2-3 summer trips
- Prank my husband for April Fool’s Day
- Keep the windows open at home as much as we can, let the fresh air flow in
- Set up our patio table and chairs
- Read on my Kindle outside
- Feed ducks
- Visit 2-3 zoo’s outside of our city
- Get an Banana split ice cream and eat it with my husband at the park
So far this is my list, I think if I remember anything else I’ll just add it. It’s not a super long list so I think I can accomplish it. You can tell I just want to spend a lot of time outside!
Have you guys created your spring bucket list yet?? Anything you think I should add to mine? Let me know in the comments!! 🙂
Spring is coming which means it’s almost that time for spring cleaning! Since it’ll be the first time we’ve been in our new home when it’s spring, I feel like I need to make the ultimate cleaning list. There is sooooo much to do and I really love opening up the windows when it’s nice outside and just enjoying the breeze. It makes cleaning THAT much better. Making this list will also make my life easier because I don’t have to sit down in a couple of weeks and think about it, it’ll just be here! FYI, long list ahead! 🙂
- clean all of the windows including the little area between the net and the window
- take down my curtains and washing them so they smell fresh
- put away anything left from the winter and bringing out any spring stuff
- deep clean the bathrooms (sink, toilets, showers, floors)
- re-organize the pantry
- dust off surfaces in the whole house
- re-organize shoe closet
- move all furniture and clean underneath it
- wipe down all floor moldings
- wipe down dust from picture frames + mirrors
- vacuum and Swiffer the floors including all corners and edges
- organize office closets
- re-arrange the den
- vacuum the basement + laundry room
- wash bed covers/pillow cases/pillows from bedroom + guest bedroom
- freshen up and re-arrange guest bedroom
- re-organize closet that has all my house stuff
- wipe down ceiling fans
- clean any shoes that got dirty from winter
- wipe down the basement stairs + basement hallway
- wash the doors from scuff marks
- dust the office bookcase
- freshen up living room furniture and wash the pillows from the couch
- clean the tiles in the shower
- replace any light bulbs that are missing in the rooms
- change air filter
- clean the microwave + dishwasher + oven
- re-organize plastic containers, buy new ones if needed
- clean + organize kitchen drawers
- clean out cabinets + re-organize
- clean coffee machine + coffee bar area.. re-organize coffee mugs (maybe buy the shelf I’ve been wanting above it)
- clean under the sink
- clean dining room table (wipe down any dust from chairs)
- clean out bathroom shelves
- put in new bathroom floor matts after cleaning the bathroom floors
- re-organize makeup table, throw out any old, expired items
- add shelves to the laundry room and set it up
- get rid of any clutter like old food and things we don’t want
- put away winter clothes and bring out spring clothes (wash them) + re-organize closet
- organize office desk and throw out any unnecessary things
Now, the outside is a whole different story. There is so much to do and since it’s been a long winter, there is a lot of fallen branches and stuff we need to clean up.
- clean off driveway with water hose
- do any paint touch ups around the door and front steps etc.,
- clean the grill
- clean out garage so I can park the car
- throw out any clutter from the garage, sell it if possible
- clean out gutters
- replace broken awning
- put new lightbulbs in areas where the lights went out
- trim trees/bushes
- cut down trees if needed since they are very dry and can fall
- get rid of any bugs outside the house (plus add bug spray) and clean out rock area by front door
- wash my car (this is sooooo needed)
I think that’s everything.. wow that’s A LOT! But it needs to get done, so I’m going to take my time and break it out into sessions throughout the weekends! Especially since it’s not 100% warm outside yet and the weather is unpredictable, we can’t really do all the outside stuff, but I can do some of the inside cleaning! I’m excited though, spring cleaning can be fun if you make it fun! 🙂
Does anyone else use a spring cleaning list to help you remember what you need to do? Lists in general are super helpful for me, so this will be a HUGE plus. Anything I missed that you recommend needs to be done for spring?? Let me know in the comments 🙂
Good morning guys!
It’s been a while and that’s because I decided to just take a mental break from all social media. I think it’s super important to step back and take a couple days to yourself by staying off the internet. There’s so many benefits to this, but I think the best benefit is getting to spend time with whoever you want without worrying about whether you’re missing out on something online. Because in reality, you aren’t. Nothing should be more important than being/living in the moment.
I went online briefly to make my Women’s Day post, but for the rest of the break I spent a lot of time with my husband. I also caught up on Game of Thrones (I’m late I know) and we went rollerskating a lot! The weather has been good, not consistently, but good enough for us to get outside. We just got our skates recently so we’re still learning, but it feels great to pick up some speed and just exercise. Saturday was one of the best days weather wise. It was about 65 degrees and it rained in the morning, but by 1-2pm it was warm and sunny. Didn’t rain the rest of the day, so we took it to our advantage and went skating for an hour at the park in the afternoon. We went on an actual trail, we’ve been practicing on a parking lot the first couple of times. Saturday felt like spring and I don’t think my soul has been that happy in such a long time. It’s been a LONG winter, guys.
Another plus to a social media break is that you get a lot more free time. Instead of being on my phone or computer for a couple hours, I was able to do other things like some chores I’m behind on or things I’ve been wanting to do but never have had time for. It also gave me more time to sit down and read. I always choose between browsing through Reddit or reading a book on my Kindle right before I go to bed. I usually end up browsing Reddit and the last couple of days I’ve been reading instead. It’s a good decision to make!
Anyways, moral of the story is that mental breaks are much needed and everyone should take them as often as they can and as often as they’d like. Everything will be there right when you get back and you won’t miss out on much!
Does anyone else do this? I try to do it every once in a while, but I think I’ll be doing it way more often.
Good morning guys! 🙂
February has gone by so fast and I can’t believe that tomorrow is March 1st! I thought I’d take some time to reflect back on February and see if I accomplished anything I wanted to accomplish.
February felt like it went by quickly, but in the moment it was passing by so slow! I spent the beginning of the month attempting to get back into a diet of some sort and a workout routine. Well, I can say that I’ve got both of them down. Which is surprising because I feel like I’ve been trying to do that for the past three months. I think my whole mindset changed.. summer is only what, three months away? I need to get in shape and actually follow a healthy diet plan. My husband and I decided to get back on Keto so we could get that boost of weight loss and then after we have gotten to our goal weight, we will switch back to a normal diet. Keto for me is fine for a short-term weight loss option, but I don’t really like doing it for a long period of time. Plus, spring/summer is going to be here soon and I love fruit way too much to miss out on that! We have a nice market close to us here with the freshest of fruits and we always miss out because we’re on a diet. And since we have a trip coming up at the end of May and possibly end of April, I want to look and feel my best! So hopefully by our next trip I will be exactly where I want to be. I just wished I started earlier, but at least I started now!
I didn’t get to blog as much as I did this month, so that will be one of the things I will be focusing on next month. March is slightly busy for a couple days at work because we have some events going on, but aside from that it won’t be too bad. That will give me a lot of time to focus on myself and not be so stressed out.
Also hoping that March will be much warmer than February. I am SO tired of the cold and have never been more excited for Spring to arrive! This winter feels like the longest one we’ve had in forever and from what I remember, didn’t the ground hog say we’re going to have an early Spring?!?! Warmer weather makes me so much more productive and I’m so ready for those picnics in the park with my husband 🙂
Aside from all of that, I think it was a pretty good month. There were some long weeks, but I had fun. January and February always seem like they pass by the quickest and I always forget about what happened in those two months! It’s like it’s a blur after New Years until summer! Hoping for March to be filled with lots of happiness, fun, smiles, and time outside!
How do you guys feel like February was?! Did it pass by as quickly as it felt like for me? Do you have any cool plans for March? Let me know in the comments!! 🙂
Side note: Our trip is in 85 days!!!!! It seems so far away, but it’ll be here in no time! I need to make a countdown on here 🙂
Good morning guys!
A couple months ago, I had some blonde streaks in my hair and of course me being indecisive, I decided to dye it dark brown all over. Usually when I box dye my hair at home, it turns out completely fine. But this time, I ran out of box dye because I didn’t realize my hair was so long and it turned out pretty patchy and instead of turning a nice dark brown color, it turned black. Since then, I’ve been trying to fade it out and get rid of the color as much as I can because usually in Spring/Summer I tend to go for the balayage look. I’m also really tired of this hair color and I don’t think I’ll ever dye it dark brown again! I think from now on if I ever want to go darker, I’ll just add in low lights because I’ve learned my lesson.
Yesterday I went and had a consultation for my hair. I have been going to the same lady since I was like 15, but I thought it was time to try a different place! I went to go meet this new lady and as soon as she started talking about my hair, I knew she knew what she was talking about. She asked me what I wanted to do with my hair and I told her how I recently box dyed it and pretty much explained the whole situation. I showed her this picture and said this was what I eventually wanted my hair to look like. She was honest with me and said it would take a couple sessions, but the first time we would aim for a caramel balayage. I liked that she was honest and didn’t want to damage my hair. She said she could easily spend the whole day and transform my hair into this, but the damage would be unbearable and I am trying to avoid as much damage as possible to my hair because I’m growing it out.
So she said this would be the goal the first session since my hair is dark, we’ll see how it ends up. By the time we go to California, it will hopefully look like that first picture! Every time I’ve done balayage in the past, I liked it but then it faded or got brassy and I started to hate it. Which is why I usually went back to darker hair quickly.
Anyways, I was able to get an appointment for the first session this Monday after work so I’m super excited to change up my hair and pretend I’m a new me 😀
Have you changed your hair recently? What did you do to it?? 🙂
One of my goals this year is to really get into fashion and to try out new styles. Since Spring is just around the corner, I’m already thinking about what kind of outfits I want to buy and wear. I’ve gotten some inspiration from Pinterest and want to organize it! I am thinking of outfits I could wear to work and also on vacations or just casually if I go somewhere. I rarely wear colors and am planning on incorporating them into my outfits.
So I decided the best thing to do is make a new board on Pinterest and have everything I like in there. I’ve been using boards a lot lately and it really organizes everything nicely.
Here’s the link to my board: Spring Style 2019
The problem with our city is that Spring can turn into summer weather real quick so sometimes it just depends on what you can wear. It’s usually cold in the office, so I will most likely be wearing cardigans/jeans from Spring into Summer. But there are a lot of cute outfits I’ve found and I cannot wait to use these as inspiration! I will continue adding more stuff into this board as I find more outfits, so keep an eye out!
Does anyone else use Pinterest to organize their ideas? What do you do for outfit inspiration? Let me know below, would love to try some new things out as well! 🙂