Happy Friday guys!
I woke up this morning feeling very refreshed and looked outside my window only to find more ice on the ground. I had great sleep and then I realized it’s March and got super excited! The weather forecast is showing that it will get much warmer after the 8th of March. So glad the winter is finally going away and I can enjoy some fresh air. Speaking of a new month, that means we have some goals to write out!
Goals for March:
- Learn a new sport (already have one on mind, will make a video about it)
- Lose 10-15 pounds
- Start vlogging – post first video on Youtube
- Be consistent with my blog posts
- Make a laundry routine so we don’t fall behind on laundry
- Share my blog, be more open about it
- Workout 5x a week
- Sleep 8 hours every night and wake up at 5 am every morning
- Go to bed earlier
- Clear up my acne scarring/skin
- Spend time outdoors as much as I can as soon as it gets warmer outside
- Read at least 1 book
- Get back into writing my to-do lists
- Save money from every paycheck for our future vacations
- Buy our Disneyland and Universal Studios tickets before the end of the month
- Work on myself, mentally and physically
- Only buy new clothes if I lose weight
- Have at least 3 date nights with my husband
- Spend less time on my phone and more time with my husband
That sounds like a pretty good list and things I can for sure accomplish! I didn’t want to make it too goal heavy because sometimes it gets unrealistic, but I know that I could do a bunch of these. And even if I only do 50% of this list, it’s still something!
Do you have any goals for March? How do you write them out and make sure you get them done? Let me know in the comments 🙂
After SFO, the next stop was Yosemite. We let ourselves sleep in, got up, had breakfast, and started our road trip to Yosemite. So it’s about 3 hours and 20 minutes to Yosemite and we got there pretty fast.
Last year when we went to Yosemite, we came from Lake Tahoe so it was faster overall. The side we came from last time was very pretty, but this time there weren’t a lot of good views. There were some parts that were cool, but mostly it was just trees and dead trees from the recent fire. Some parts were scary to drive through, but nothing like the first time we went!
When we finally made it to the part where it has two road options, we decided to go towards the beach side because our Airbnb was that way anyways and Mirhad just couldn’t wait to see that. We didn’t have time to go back and see the falls on the other side, but that’s for next time! It took about an hour to get to the beach area and when we got there, Mirhad fell asleep right away on the sand.
It was as beautiful as the last time we were there. We stayed at the beach for a good hour, soaking up some sun and just relaxing after our long drive. After chilling for a bit, we decided to explore the area and take some pictures since we couldn’t drive to the other side. We got some cool pictures though using the self timer on our camera so it was fun to click the button and run quickly to get in a good pose.
We got hungry after a while and went to this gas station to eat. We had a REALLY good burger, we were actually shocked as to how yummy it was. This was also the same gas station we went to last time we were in Yosemite so it was cool to reminisce on those memories. After we ate, we grabbed some snacks and we started driving towards our Airbnb. I didn’t expect the Airbnb to be SO nice. We had mountain views and everything we needed. Although, we didn’t really spend time outside when we arrived… we went straight to bed as we knew we had another day of driving ahead of us. Next up, Vegas!!!
I didn’t get much sleep last night and it really took a toll on my day/mood. So I drank some coffee and it helped a little bit, but I think I need some food in my system to give me real energy! I’m currently eating an apple and working on some user stories for work. Tonight I think we’ll both go to bed earlier because Mirhad got even less sleep than I did because he was studying all night -_-
On the other hand, 8 more days!!!!! I am starting to wrap stuff up for work so everything is good to go for next week. And I am slowly starting to put a list together for what I need to bring – this will take a while. I have the essentials of course, but since we’ve never done a trip like this, I don’t want to forget anything. I need to buy other things like a small bottle of dry shampoo because I know I can’t take that big one lol.
What else? Yesterday we deep cleaned the whole house except for one room (the storage room) so we’re tackling that this weekend. Hoping to put everything where it belongs and have it ready to be a guest bedroom. There is SO MUCH random stuff in there, maybe we can throw a bunch of it away. A lot of it is Mirhad’s clothes, maybe his winter clothes? Not sure, but we’ll do something with it. That room will be the hardest to deal with, but it needs to get done. Otherwise, everything else is so sparkly clean 😀 we even moved our bed around in our room and it changed everything. I went an got the night stands we’ve wanted and they’re so useful already.
Haven’t been able to blog all weekend. I started a post on Friday, but the weekend flew by and by the time I knew it – I didn’t even write one post 😦 New goal is to post once everyday, that way I can write my thoughts down too.
But yeah, that’s pretty much it. Going to go work on some stuff and then plan 🙂
So I have had a iPhone for maybe 5 years now (all started with the iPhone 5) so I have had my fair share of good and bad apps. Here’s a list of my favorites as of right now!
- Flo – this is the best tracker for women when it comes to cycles and stuff like that
- Duolingo – through this app you can learn a new language at your own pace, it’s very cute and fun
- Sleep Cycle – great app for tracking your sleep cycle
- Daylio – just downloaded this the other day and I already like it, this one has you put your mood and what you are doing in as many times as you want a day and over the course of a week or month, you will learn when and what things make you angry, sad, happy, etc.,
- Headspace – great app for meditiation
- Calm – another great app for meditation, sleep, etc., this one is my favorite because it gives you lots of options and it has stuff like ‘7 days of sleep’, ‘7 days of happiness’ and they have pictures of nature and its beautiful
- Groupon – a cool app where you can get discounts/coupons for most activities around you, saves you a lot of money and also motivates you to get out there and do something fun
Those are my top favorite apps right now, I’ll do another one later this year to see if things have changed!