Happy Friday guys!
I woke up this morning feeling very refreshed and looked outside my window only to find more ice on the ground. I had great sleep and then I realized it’s March and got super excited! The weather forecast is showing that it will get much warmer after the 8th of March. So glad the winter is finally going away and I can enjoy some fresh air. Speaking of a new month, that means we have some goals to write out!
Goals for March:
- Learn a new sport (already have one on mind, will make a video about it)
- Lose 10-15 pounds
- Start vlogging – post first video on Youtube
- Be consistent with my blog posts
- Make a laundry routine so we don’t fall behind on laundry
- Share my blog, be more open about it
- Workout 5x a week
- Sleep 8 hours every night and wake up at 5 am every morning
- Go to bed earlier
- Clear up my acne scarring/skin
- Spend time outdoors as much as I can as soon as it gets warmer outside
- Read at least 1 book
- Get back into writing my to-do lists
- Save money from every paycheck for our future vacations
- Buy our Disneyland and Universal Studios tickets before the end of the month
- Work on myself, mentally and physically
- Only buy new clothes if I lose weight
- Have at least 3 date nights with my husband
- Spend less time on my phone and more time with my husband
That sounds like a pretty good list and things I can for sure accomplish! I didn’t want to make it too goal heavy because sometimes it gets unrealistic, but I know that I could do a bunch of these. And even if I only do 50% of this list, it’s still something!
Do you have any goals for March? How do you write them out and make sure you get them done? Let me know in the comments 🙂
So I have been trying out some new stuff recently and I have actually been liking everything. From skincare to haircare products, here’s my list:
- Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer – my skin has been going through this dry phase for some reason and I ran out of my other moisturizer (which was also from Clinique) so I decided to go even further and try the moisture surge. So far, I LOVE this for my face. It really makes it soft, glowey, and hydrates it. I deff think this is my new go to face moisturizing product!
- Nivea Soft – I really love this for my body. I usually put it on after I get out of the shower, but you can even use it when your legs or arms are feeling dry. It has a nice scent to it and it’s not greasy at all.
- Thayers Witch Hazel – I tried the smaller version of this since I wasn’t sure if I’d like it, but it’s so nice on my skin. I like to use it in the morning and before I go to bed and so far I am loving it better than my old witch hazel toner.
- Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser – So I only got this because it was $7 the other day at Ulta with their 21 days of Beauty sale. It’s been over a week since I have been using it and what this is supposed to do is not get rid of any acne you have prior to using this, but to prevent any future acne from occuring. I haven’t had any breakouts ever since I started using this so I’m not 100% sure it’s from this product, but I usually do get acne now and then so just knowing my face is looking so much better gives me faith in this product. Originally it is $15, so it’s a little pricey, but none of their products have ever disappointed.
- Up&Up Makeup Remover Wipes – Usually I use some makeup remover wipes from like Neutrogena and it burns my eyes when removing makeup. I finally found the perfect makeup wipes that don’t burn my eyes when using!!!! They are super gentle and soft to the skin so it causes no irritation whatsoever. I will keep purchasing these for sure!
Garnier Fructis Hair Mask – First time trying this product and so far it makes my hair smell good and it also makes it soft. They say you can use this hair mask as a conditioner, leave-in treatment or hair mask depending on what you need. It makes you hair less frizzy and more manageable. Loving it so far and will keep using it!
Garnier® Fructis® Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream – I’ve used this in the past and forgot about how much I liked it. I mix this with the oil I am going to talk about next and it just makes my hair super soft.
Garnier® Fructis® Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment – Used this in the past also by combining it with the leave in conditioner above. It always worked good for me, made my hair smell amazing and made it super soft as well!
Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Detangler – Used this up already, got it maybe 2-3 months ago and I LOVED it! My hair always gets tangled easily after I get out of the shower and this helped so much. It also smells amazing!
So these are the products I’ve been loving lately, I might do cleaning products next time – I’ve been trying to get into the “organic” cleaning products.
There are some things I really don’t mind splurging on, so I’ve created a list of my personal favorites! 🙂
- My favorites are the ones from American Eagle, yes they are a little pricey, but they last for so long and they never fade no matter how many times you wash them. I have gotten jeans from different stores in the past like Marshall’s and TJ Maxx, but they’re just not good quality and usually don’t fit perfectly or shrink in the washer. So I don’t mind spend a little more to have jeans for 5+ years. Plus they’re super cute 🙂
- I love to take care of my skin, so obviously I like to buy the good stuff and the good stuff is almost always expensive unless I get lucky and find a great affordable brand. Again, I don’t mind splurging on skincare because it’s for ME. I think I deserve some nice self care with a face mask! My favorite skincare stuff currently is Mario Badescu.
- Shoes are something you should really do some research on and invest in. I think what you wear on your feet is super important to your body, especially your back. You need good shoes to support your back and other things so wearing something thin or uncomfortable just because it’s super cheap isn’t worth it. I like to buy a comfortable pair of shoes from a brand I know I won’t be disappointed with. Right now, I really like Reebok.. they have very comfortable shoes and I can even wear them to work.
- Don’t know if this counts, but of course I like to splurge on vacations and traveling. Not too much of course, but we like to have a good time so why not try the good food and go have fun if I’m already there?? Traveling is pretty much the #1 thing I spend money on lol, but it’s worth it!!
What do you guys not mind splurging on?! 🙂