I was reading a post from LA which was about checking in on her winter bucket list. I thought this was such great idea to go back to your winter bucket list and see if you accomplished anything on there. Plus, winter is basically over and I have already started on my spring bucket list so there’s no better time to do this than now!
- Drink hot chocolate and watch a movie in my pj’s w/ my husband yes, did this a lot of times.. maybe just once with hot chocolate though
- Bake cookies and decorate them (sprinkles, frosting, etc) did bake cookies, just didn’t do the decorating part like I wanted to
- Go see Christmas lights at least 3x yes! Saw many Christmas lights
- Buy presents for family, wrap them, and put them under the tree yes! Had a post about this too, hours and hours of wrapping, but worth it
- Go ice-skating we went at least 2x
- Visit Chicago and see the lights + ice skate we did end up going to Chicago and we did get to see all the lights, but the line to ice skate was like 2+ hours and we weren’t going to wait that long so maybe next year
- Plan an upcoming vacation yes, planned our Gatlinburg, TN trip
- Watch as many movies as I can during my free time YES! Watched sooooo many movies it was ridiculous. I think 2018 was the year I became a movie lover
- Write my 2019 goals yes + got a planner and updated it to the max
- Decorate a gingerbread house with husband no, didn’t end up doing this sadly
- Scrapbook was able to sit down and do it once, but I needed more supplies so until next time
- Read yes! I actually got to read a lot this winter and I’m super proud of myself because I used to NEVER read books
I’d say I got most of this list done, the couple things I didn’t get to do was probably because we decided not to do it! Before I found my list, I really thought I wasn’t going to end up checking any of these off because usually I write a super long list and end up doing like 2 things only. I’m surprised, but it was a fun winter so it makes sense! 🙂
Thanks LA for the great idea! Everyone should check her page out, she’s awesome!
Every Winter, I write this little bucket list of things I want to do and most of the time, half of the stuff on there doesn’t get crossed off! This time, I’m making it a bit shorter so that maybe I will be able to cross more things off. I love the holidays and the warmth it gives me, so this list is essential to me.
- Drink hot chocolate and watch a movie in my pj’s w/ my husband
- Bake cookies and decorate them (sprinkles, frosting, etc)
- Go see Christmas lights at least 3x
- Buy presents for family, wrap them, and put them under the tree
- Go ice-skating
- Visit Chicago and see the lights + ice skate
- Plan an upcoming vacation
- Watch as many movies as I can during my free time
- Write my 2019 goals
- Decorate a gingerbread house with husband
So there’s my super short list. I think I can do most of the things on here, I really want to go see the lights in Chicago and ice-skate, but if it’s too expensive we may save that for next year.
What’s on your list? 🙂
Hmm, this is a tough one to think about. I honestly can’t think of anything right now.. nothing has really been on my mind for years that I have felt guilty about or something I need to forgive myself for.
I guess the one thing I can think of is this: my parents use to take us on vacation every summer if possible and my dad LOVED to take pictures. Pictures of us on our vacation doing everything, to me as a chubby little 8-16 year old, I HATED it. I would literally get mad at my dad for wanting to take so many pictures. Now that I am older, I find myself looking at our printed photos in the box we keep them in and I always wish there was more pictures. Since last year I stopped getting mad at him and I made sure to include myself and take selfies with him. That’s definitely another one of my goals for 2018 – take more photos with the people I love. Memories are nothing if you can’t remember them 20 years from now, but pictures are forever. So I guess this isn’t something I need to forgive myself for? It’s just something that I have always held inside and I feel bad for ever getting mad at my dad and complaining to him. I always remember times where he would take pictures and I would get mad and he would just walk away sad. Hurts my heart. He just wanted us to be happy and remember those moments. I love my dad and am very thankful for everything he has done for us ❤ Now it’s my turn to take over the picture taking 🙂