It’s officially the first day of spring!!! Just like for any season, you have to have a bucket list for this season too. Writing this list has made me so excited for spring, so here we go!
- Fly a kite
- Take pictures of the pretty trees + flowers blooming
- Have a nice picnic around the pretty colors
- Go on a random road trip or two
- Visit the farmers market
- Rollerblade lots and lots in the park
- Make a bird feeder (we have bird food, just never got around to making them a house)
- Take our niece and nephew to the park
- Plan out April and May in my planner
- Spend time outside as much as I can, soak up the warm sun
- Go to the Botanical Gardens
- Buy fresh flowers
- Make our front/back yard look nice
- Look for bunnies
- Have a BBQ at the park
- Take lots of photos of my husband and I outside
- Plan our California trip
- Plan our 2-3 summer trips
- Prank my husband for April Fool’s Day
- Keep the windows open at home as much as we can, let the fresh air flow in
- Set up our patio table and chairs
- Read on my Kindle outside
- Feed ducks
- Visit 2-3 zoo’s outside of our city
- Get an Banana split ice cream and eat it with my husband at the park
So far this is my list, I think if I remember anything else I’ll just add it. It’s not a super long list so I think I can accomplish it. You can tell I just want to spend a lot of time outside!
Have you guys created your spring bucket list yet?? Anything you think I should add to mine? Let me know in the comments!! 🙂
Good morning guys! 🙂
February has gone by so fast and I can’t believe that tomorrow is March 1st! I thought I’d take some time to reflect back on February and see if I accomplished anything I wanted to accomplish.
February felt like it went by quickly, but in the moment it was passing by so slow! I spent the beginning of the month attempting to get back into a diet of some sort and a workout routine. Well, I can say that I’ve got both of them down. Which is surprising because I feel like I’ve been trying to do that for the past three months. I think my whole mindset changed.. summer is only what, three months away? I need to get in shape and actually follow a healthy diet plan. My husband and I decided to get back on Keto so we could get that boost of weight loss and then after we have gotten to our goal weight, we will switch back to a normal diet. Keto for me is fine for a short-term weight loss option, but I don’t really like doing it for a long period of time. Plus, spring/summer is going to be here soon and I love fruit way too much to miss out on that! We have a nice market close to us here with the freshest of fruits and we always miss out because we’re on a diet. And since we have a trip coming up at the end of May and possibly end of April, I want to look and feel my best! So hopefully by our next trip I will be exactly where I want to be. I just wished I started earlier, but at least I started now!
I didn’t get to blog as much as I did this month, so that will be one of the things I will be focusing on next month. March is slightly busy for a couple days at work because we have some events going on, but aside from that it won’t be too bad. That will give me a lot of time to focus on myself and not be so stressed out.
Also hoping that March will be much warmer than February. I am SO tired of the cold and have never been more excited for Spring to arrive! This winter feels like the longest one we’ve had in forever and from what I remember, didn’t the ground hog say we’re going to have an early Spring?!?! Warmer weather makes me so much more productive and I’m so ready for those picnics in the park with my husband 🙂
Aside from all of that, I think it was a pretty good month. There were some long weeks, but I had fun. January and February always seem like they pass by the quickest and I always forget about what happened in those two months! It’s like it’s a blur after New Years until summer! Hoping for March to be filled with lots of happiness, fun, smiles, and time outside!
How do you guys feel like February was?! Did it pass by as quickly as it felt like for me? Do you have any cool plans for March? Let me know in the comments!! 🙂
Side note: Our trip is in 85 days!!!!! It seems so far away, but it’ll be here in no time! I need to make a countdown on here 🙂
Since Spring is right around the corner, I wanted to list some of my favorite things about Spring in no order whatsoever to get me excited for it!
- That Spring smell! All of those flowers blooming and that fresh air finally making a comeback after months of cold, crisp air
- Spending time outside – there is nothing better than knowing you can go outside and just enjoy the sun, even if you don’t have anything planned
- Picnics – I think they are the best in the Spring and Fall seasons because of all the beautiful colors
- Flowers blooming – of course can’t forget about all of those beautiful flowers coming out and making your house or the park colorful
- Road trips – this is possible anytime of the year pretty much, but when it’s nicer outside it’s much easier to take a fun weekend trip
- Better mood – nice weather brings more positivity! People are much happier when it’s Spring
- Daylight Savings goes away – the day is longer and you don’t feel like you have to take a nap when it hits 4-5pm
- The market – all fruits and veggies are out and super fresh! I always get excited for the new season to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies
- You can open your windows – in the house or even in your car and it feels SO good!
- Trees – the trees start getting their green colors back and your neighborhood doesn’t look like a ghost town
What are some of your favorite things about Spring? 🙂
On Saturday we spent a day in the Rockies and had a lot of fun. Here are some pictures we took. We went to Bear Lake of course and then we hiked down to this Glacier trail where there was a waterfall. It was a difficult hike, I felt like I couldn’t make it back up, but we did it hahaha. Love this park though, it is a true beauty.