Hi guys, happy Friday!!
I have been wanting to move on from wordpress.com into hosting my own website and making my own changes for a while now. It’s been a long journey, but I have finally started on that process. The site I use now just doesn’t let me be as flexible as I want, so it’s for the best! I don’t know what kind of blog I will be doing next, there are a few ideas I have in mind such as creating a blog with my husband or doing something with fashion, but it hasn’t clicked for me yet.
So I will not be posting on this page anymore and as soon as my new one is completed, I will share it with you guys in hopes you will follow me on this new journey 🙂 thank you guys for following along and making my day with your comments! I will be around to continue reading everyones posts! 🙂
A little late on the February post, but it’s a new month! In the past, my husband and I never really took Valentine’s Day seriously because we were in high school and college. Now that we’re married, we’re going to celebrate it as best as we can! But aside from Valentine’s Day, new month = new goals. Of course I have my other goals in general, but I like to do specific goals for the month. For example, I want to create a consistent routine for the gym. Our gym is finally completed so I can start working out whenever. Sounds easy, right? Nope! It’s very hard to get yourself in that routine of working out when you haven’t worked out in probably over 6 months. So I need to make a plan, a schedule to keep me motivated and going to the gym.
At this point, I am just trying to be healthy. I’m not getting any younger and neither is my body so I need to take care of it. I wish I had this mentality when I was in college, but who did?! One step at a time, though. It isn’t hard and I can do this! On the plus side, I bought something that I think it’s going to motivate me for the gym – some really good pre-workout that apparently tastes like Mountain Dew and it’s going to be delivered today! Maybe I’ll do a review of it?! Okay, enough of that!
Mirhad and I made a very serious decision last week that we won’t be telling anyone about until it’s time to do it, but it will be in 2020. Big changes coming!!!! We have decided to do this for ourselves because this is what we’ve wanted to do for so long and we are super excited for it! And no, it’s not that we have not decided to have kids! I cannot wait until I can officially make a post about it, it will change everything ☺️
In the meantime, we have lots of work to do until 2020. I am hoping to really take my blog to the next level this year, but I’m not sure where to start. Does anyone have any helpful tips? I would greatly appreciate them!
And one of the last goals I will mention is that I want to spend less time on my phone. I feel like in the last 6 months I’ve noticed (and so has my husband) that I have a slight addiction to my phone. The problem is that I really do spend way too much time browsing social media. It’s okay if it has something to do with my blog, but most of the time it doesn’t. So that’s one of my other goals, to spend less time on my phone and more time talking to my husband, family, and friends.
Do you have any goals for this month? Let me know! 🙂
So I am very late on blogging today so I am going to skip over the 4th completely and start fresh for today.
So yesterday (Jan. 4), we signed off on our house officially and today at 10 am, we will have our keys 😀 Also, we found a kitchen appliance set and we will go purchase it later!!!!! I really like the color and think it will go so nice with our white kitchen cabinets. This one is a really good deal especially because it’s all on sale. Here’s a pic of the set:
So yeah, I’ll just start out by talking about what todays plans are..
- Change locks on house after we get the key
- Purchase kitchen appliance set
- Pick up laminate flooring either today or Saturday
- Buy the bathroom sink we found on sale at Lowe’s (if it is still there)
- Start visualizing the house
- Go grocery shopping
Today will be a very busy day, let’s see what I can accomplish 🙂
So I bought this book called the 52 List Project from Marshall’s today and it’s basically a year of weekly journaling inspiration. On the back it says “Create 52 lists, one for every week of the year, that will help you discover the beauty, joy, creativity, and power you already have! Get ready to celebrate, enjoy, and take ownership of your life, as each week of the year becomes more thoughtful and vibrant.” I bought a similar book like this for Sanela when she got a new job, but hers is about happiness. I really like this one because it’s all about goals and listing things. I looked through it and some of the things are really interesting to write about. So each week I will have a new topic to write about. This will be fun!
The first page says “List your goals and dreams for this year.” So I wanted to write them on here, too. This way I can have it in multiple places to look back on!
- Move into my new house with Mirhad
- Graduate college
- Get married
- Read more books –> at least 12 this year*
- Get to a healthy weight & stay there –> be comfortable in your own body, don’t lose weight just to be skinny, lose weight to be healthy for yourself and for your future self
- Travel A LOT
- Up my water intake –> I have many water bottles that measure the water so drink a couple of those a day
- Volunteer @ the bunny shelter often
- Spend more time with my family –> I already do, but I just need to continue doing it
- Renovate my dream home –> make my house how I’ve always dreamed of having it
- Go to health check-ups –> 2x a year
- Save money –> as soon as I start working, create a financial plan
- Take a road trip across the USA
- Take pictures every day
- Go to bed earlier, wake up earlier –> I always stay up late and end up waking up around 10, feels like most of my day is taken up by sleeping.. wake up earlier and make the most of the day
- Try something new or do something (go explore) –> once a month
- Spend more time outside
- Learn more –> documentaries, a course, etc.,
- Prepare my food –> for work, for school, always have a plan of what to eat so I don’t end up eating random junk
- Eat fruit & vegetables more –> incorporate this into my diet
So far, that’s what I have. I will probably add more!