I was reading a post from LA which was about checking in on her winter bucket list. I thought this was such great idea to go back to your winter bucket list and see if you accomplished anything on there. Plus, winter is basically over and I have already started on my spring bucket list so there’s no better time to do this than now!
- Drink hot chocolate and watch a movie in my pj’s w/ my husband yes, did this a lot of times.. maybe just once with hot chocolate though
- Bake cookies and decorate them (sprinkles, frosting, etc) did bake cookies, just didn’t do the decorating part like I wanted to
- Go see Christmas lights at least 3x yes! Saw many Christmas lights
- Buy presents for family, wrap them, and put them under the tree yes! Had a post about this too, hours and hours of wrapping, but worth it
- Go ice-skating we went at least 2x
- Visit Chicago and see the lights + ice skate we did end up going to Chicago and we did get to see all the lights, but the line to ice skate was like 2+ hours and we weren’t going to wait that long so maybe next year
- Plan an upcoming vacation yes, planned our Gatlinburg, TN trip
- Watch as many movies as I can during my free time YES! Watched sooooo many movies it was ridiculous. I think 2018 was the year I became a movie lover
- Write my 2019 goals yes + got a planner and updated it to the max
- Decorate a gingerbread house with husband no, didn’t end up doing this sadly
- Scrapbook was able to sit down and do it once, but I needed more supplies so until next time
- Read yes! I actually got to read a lot this winter and I’m super proud of myself because I used to NEVER read books
I’d say I got most of this list done, the couple things I didn’t get to do was probably because we decided not to do it! Before I found my list, I really thought I wasn’t going to end up checking any of these off because usually I write a super long list and end up doing like 2 things only. I’m surprised, but it was a fun winter so it makes sense! 🙂
Thanks LA for the great idea! Everyone should check her page out, she’s awesome!
Good morning guys!
It’s been a while and that’s because I decided to just take a mental break from all social media. I think it’s super important to step back and take a couple days to yourself by staying off the internet. There’s so many benefits to this, but I think the best benefit is getting to spend time with whoever you want without worrying about whether you’re missing out on something online. Because in reality, you aren’t. Nothing should be more important than being/living in the moment.
I went online briefly to make my Women’s Day post, but for the rest of the break I spent a lot of time with my husband. I also caught up on Game of Thrones (I’m late I know) and we went rollerskating a lot! The weather has been good, not consistently, but good enough for us to get outside. We just got our skates recently so we’re still learning, but it feels great to pick up some speed and just exercise. Saturday was one of the best days weather wise. It was about 65 degrees and it rained in the morning, but by 1-2pm it was warm and sunny. Didn’t rain the rest of the day, so we took it to our advantage and went skating for an hour at the park in the afternoon. We went on an actual trail, we’ve been practicing on a parking lot the first couple of times. Saturday felt like spring and I don’t think my soul has been that happy in such a long time. It’s been a LONG winter, guys.
Another plus to a social media break is that you get a lot more free time. Instead of being on my phone or computer for a couple hours, I was able to do other things like some chores I’m behind on or things I’ve been wanting to do but never have had time for. It also gave me more time to sit down and read. I always choose between browsing through Reddit or reading a book on my Kindle right before I go to bed. I usually end up browsing Reddit and the last couple of days I’ve been reading instead. It’s a good decision to make!
Anyways, moral of the story is that mental breaks are much needed and everyone should take them as often as they can and as often as they’d like. Everything will be there right when you get back and you won’t miss out on much!
Does anyone else do this? I try to do it every once in a while, but I think I’ll be doing it way more often.
“Me time” is super important to me because I think it’s an essential to happiness. Taking time to be alone, give yourself some love, and take that time to rest and rejuvenate. So here’s how I spend that time.
I usually like to take a Saturday and spend a couple hours for this. The first thing I like to do is either take a bath or a nice shower so my face is fresh for the face mask I am about to apply. After I apply my face mask, I’ll sit down in my quiet space (which I made sure is clean and organized) and pick something to do. Of course, I can’t relax without a candle being lit!
So by then I have already picked something I want to do, I usually pick something like this:
- Watch a movie I’ve been meaning to watch
- Catch up on shows
- Catch up on my Youtube videos I subscribe to
- Drink coffee with my husband (this relaxes me, so if I am feeling like I don’t need to be alone at the moment, he will join)
- Read a book
- Read the news
- Read some interesting Buzzfeed articles
- Write a to do list and things I need/want
Yes, there’s SO MUCH you can choose to do! Maybe even just lay there and think about your day or meditate, craft, treat yourself at the salon, or go outside and explore some nature. There’s so much to do. I haven’t been able to meditate for some reason, I tried doing it with my husband, but I end up laughing at him lol. I can’t keep it together hahaha.
I think everyone should have some “me time.” I believe it helps us in these ways:
- Helps us relax
- Gives us some time to think deeply
- Makes us more productive
- Gives your brain a break + a reboot
So take some time for yourself and let your mind speak to you!
I can set better boundaries for myself in life by writing them down. I think when I establish those boundaries and if I went to go through with them, they need to be written down somewhere. Preferably on something I look at everyday.
I need to slow down and take my time in just everyday activities. I feel like I’m always running out of time to do things and I am always rushed to get somewhere. I live for the days where I can just take my time doing my own thing without rushing. Also, I feel like I have so much to do that I can’t think straight sometimes. I want to wake up, take my time getting ready, do my morning routine, and not be worried about running out of time or being late to something. Especially when this past weekend I’ve been waking up pretty late and I hate it. My days are literally cut in half, today especially because I have so much homework to turn in and notes to catch up on. I’d love to do that thing where you “stop and smell the roses” hahaha. That would be great.