Hi guys, happy Friday!!
I have been wanting to move on from wordpress.com into hosting my own website and making my own changes for a while now. It’s been a long journey, but I have finally started on that process. The site I use now just doesn’t let me be as flexible as I want, so it’s for the best! I don’t know what kind of blog I will be doing next, there are a few ideas I have in mind such as creating a blog with my husband or doing something with fashion, but it hasn’t clicked for me yet.
So I will not be posting on this page anymore and as soon as my new one is completed, I will share it with you guys in hopes you will follow me on this new journey 🙂 thank you guys for following along and making my day with your comments! I will be around to continue reading everyones posts! 🙂
Good morning and happy Monday you guys!
My trip to New Orleans is 24 days away and you know I always love to plan ahead with everything because it makes me feel more organized. So I thought I’d go ahead and think about what I’m packing for those 3 days especially since we decided to go to the beach!
I think I’m going to bring 4-5 outfits total to wear out in case I need to change or I’m not feeling it. So for those I will have to go shopping for, but this is how I am imagining it to be.
- two dresses (need to buy some pretty ones)
- pair of jeans
- 4 pairs of shirts, can be casual or fancy
- 4 pairs of shoes
- flip flops for the beach
- swimsuit (need to buy a new one from Target soon unless my old ones can fit)
- beach cover-up
- sunglasses (need to buy a nice pair because I just gave mine to my mom)
- possibly a cute sun hat
- my pjs (a shirt and shorts)
- an outfit to travel in for the car ride
I think that’s about all the clothes/accessories I should be bringing since we will just be gone for 3 days. I always overdo it, but I guess you can never have too many back up clothes right?!
Some of the other things I’ll probably pack in my purse or book bag is my Kindle for the car ride so I can read my book, my planner (maybe, not sure if I want to carry this around yet), chapstick, wallet, my camera + charger, phone charger, and my camera stick. Want to carry around a light book bag, so I’m either going to use one of my older ones or get myself another one! I have been eyeing this Coach one, but I’m not 100% sure if I want to buy it yet.
What are some essentials you guys pack on a short trip like this? Should I bring anything else?! Let me know in the comments 🙂
I was reading a post from LA which was about checking in on her winter bucket list. I thought this was such great idea to go back to your winter bucket list and see if you accomplished anything on there. Plus, winter is basically over and I have already started on my spring bucket list so there’s no better time to do this than now!
- Drink hot chocolate and watch a movie in my pj’s w/ my husband yes, did this a lot of times.. maybe just once with hot chocolate though
- Bake cookies and decorate them (sprinkles, frosting, etc) did bake cookies, just didn’t do the decorating part like I wanted to
- Go see Christmas lights at least 3x yes! Saw many Christmas lights
- Buy presents for family, wrap them, and put them under the tree yes! Had a post about this too, hours and hours of wrapping, but worth it
- Go ice-skating we went at least 2x
- Visit Chicago and see the lights + ice skate we did end up going to Chicago and we did get to see all the lights, but the line to ice skate was like 2+ hours and we weren’t going to wait that long so maybe next year
- Plan an upcoming vacation yes, planned our Gatlinburg, TN trip
- Watch as many movies as I can during my free time YES! Watched sooooo many movies it was ridiculous. I think 2018 was the year I became a movie lover
- Write my 2019 goals yes + got a planner and updated it to the max
- Decorate a gingerbread house with husband no, didn’t end up doing this sadly
- Scrapbook was able to sit down and do it once, but I needed more supplies so until next time
- Read yes! I actually got to read a lot this winter and I’m super proud of myself because I used to NEVER read books
I’d say I got most of this list done, the couple things I didn’t get to do was probably because we decided not to do it! Before I found my list, I really thought I wasn’t going to end up checking any of these off because usually I write a super long list and end up doing like 2 things only. I’m surprised, but it was a fun winter so it makes sense! 🙂
Thanks LA for the great idea! Everyone should check her page out, she’s awesome!
Happy Monday! Over the weekend, I thought of the great idea of going to New Orleans. My husband and I agreed we would go on a lot of weekend trips, but haven’t been since the end of January and mid December. Before that, we hadn’t gone on a weekend trip since my birthday. It’s time to start doing those again because, why not? Life is too short to not be traveling! The main reason I chose New Orleans was because it’s much warmer down there than it is here. Right now, it’s 7 degrees and it feels like -11. I’m really sick of the bitter cold, so a weekend getaway to a warmer place would be nice. Plus, I feel like it’s going to take forever for it to be really warm here so we need to go! We’d most likely do Friday-Sunday so we can get the full experience and so that we don’t have to drive into the city at night. It’s just easier to take a day off of work and leave when we wake up that Friday morning. We are targeting end of March or anytime into April depending on the prices.
Since then, I’ve been looking at some things we could do. So far I’ve come up with taking pictures of the beautiful buildings and eating the delicious food.
- Visit Jackson Square
- Walk on Bourbon Street and enjoy some music
- Look at the beautiful buildings in French Quarter
- Visit the Garden District
- Explore the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas
- Visit the French Market
- Go to the City Park
- Walk down Royal Street
- Visit some cemeteries
- Canal Street
- Fried Chicken and corn
- Fried shrimp
Has anyone else been to New Orleans? Any suggestions on where to stay or places to eat at? Let me know in the comments, thanks 🙂
Happy Friday guys!
I woke up this morning feeling very refreshed and looked outside my window only to find more ice on the ground. I had great sleep and then I realized it’s March and got super excited! The weather forecast is showing that it will get much warmer after the 8th of March. So glad the winter is finally going away and I can enjoy some fresh air. Speaking of a new month, that means we have some goals to write out!
Goals for March:
- Learn a new sport (already have one on mind, will make a video about it)
- Lose 10-15 pounds
- Start vlogging – post first video on Youtube
- Be consistent with my blog posts
- Make a laundry routine so we don’t fall behind on laundry
- Share my blog, be more open about it
- Workout 5x a week
- Sleep 8 hours every night and wake up at 5 am every morning
- Go to bed earlier
- Clear up my acne scarring/skin
- Spend time outdoors as much as I can as soon as it gets warmer outside
- Read at least 1 book
- Get back into writing my to-do lists
- Save money from every paycheck for our future vacations
- Buy our Disneyland and Universal Studios tickets before the end of the month
- Work on myself, mentally and physically
- Only buy new clothes if I lose weight
- Have at least 3 date nights with my husband
- Spend less time on my phone and more time with my husband
That sounds like a pretty good list and things I can for sure accomplish! I didn’t want to make it too goal heavy because sometimes it gets unrealistic, but I know that I could do a bunch of these. And even if I only do 50% of this list, it’s still something!
Do you have any goals for March? How do you write them out and make sure you get them done? Let me know in the comments 🙂
One of my goals this year is to really get into fashion and to try out new styles. Since Spring is just around the corner, I’m already thinking about what kind of outfits I want to buy and wear. I’ve gotten some inspiration from Pinterest and want to organize it! I am thinking of outfits I could wear to work and also on vacations or just casually if I go somewhere. I rarely wear colors and am planning on incorporating them into my outfits.
So I decided the best thing to do is make a new board on Pinterest and have everything I like in there. I’ve been using boards a lot lately and it really organizes everything nicely.
Here’s the link to my board: Spring Style 2019
The problem with our city is that Spring can turn into summer weather real quick so sometimes it just depends on what you can wear. It’s usually cold in the office, so I will most likely be wearing cardigans/jeans from Spring into Summer. But there are a lot of cute outfits I’ve found and I cannot wait to use these as inspiration! I will continue adding more stuff into this board as I find more outfits, so keep an eye out!
Does anyone else use Pinterest to organize their ideas? What do you do for outfit inspiration? Let me know below, would love to try some new things out as well! 🙂
First off, Happy Valentine’s Day! ❤️
This is one of the first Valentine’s Day that we have actually done something! I mean that in a way as, we never took it seriously. Yes, we would eat chocolate together and all of that good stuff, but we never took the time to actually celebrate and do something special. We thought since we’re married, we might as well celebrate and make it fun! I had to work yesterday, but when I came home I set everything up for this little surprise I was planning. It wasn’t anything really over the top, I just wanted to spend it at home with my husband, relaxing.
I had a vision in my mind, but I needed the supplies! A couple days ago when we went to Trader Joe’s, I grabbed some blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cupcakes, and macaroons. Originally, I wanted to just melt some chocolate in a bowl and have us dip the strawberries in there. But as I was cutting up the strawberries, I changed my mind. I thought all of the fruit was sweet enough and we had the macaroons, plus the cupcakes! I had a bottle of Sparkling Moscato so I set that up with two wine glasses on this tray. This whole thing was set up on the floor in the living room. I found these LED candles that I bought a while ago and knew exactly where I wanted to place them. I started putting them on the table under the TV and lit a really good smelling candle. I also added my tulips in the middle. It looked so pretty! I had these lanterns filled with lights so I put that out too on the floor next to the table. Next, I put a red blanket on the floor with some pillows and started setting up the food.
Once that was all done, I turned all the candles on and found a Spotify playlist, it was literally called “Valentine’s Day Tunes” or something like that. But it was perfect. I told Mirhad he can’t look until I’m done. So finally, it looked perfect. I started playing the romantic music and I called him out and made him close his eyes until he was standing in front of it all. He LOVED it! He just kept saying how it looks so nice and how this is so sweet! We sat down and started eating (of course) and just enjoyed each others company.
After we were finished eating, we started watching the Ted Bundy series which was super good (he’s so messed up) and we finished within a day! I recommend if you haven’t watched it already. Now I think all we will be doing this weekend is watching crime shows 😂
So yeah, that was our Valentine’s Day! Very chill and relaxing. I have some pictures of the thing I set up, with a video! 🙂