Good morning and happy Monday you guys!
My trip to New Orleans is 24 days away and you know I always love to plan ahead with everything because it makes me feel more organized. So I thought I’d go ahead and think about what I’m packing for those 3 days especially since we decided to go to the beach!
I think I’m going to bring 4-5 outfits total to wear out in case I need to change or I’m not feeling it. So for those I will have to go shopping for, but this is how I am imagining it to be.
- two dresses (need to buy some pretty ones)
- pair of jeans
- 4 pairs of shirts, can be casual or fancy
- 4 pairs of shoes
- flip flops for the beach
- swimsuit (need to buy a new one from Target soon unless my old ones can fit)
- beach cover-up
- sunglasses (need to buy a nice pair because I just gave mine to my mom)
- possibly a cute sun hat
- my pjs (a shirt and shorts)
- an outfit to travel in for the car ride
I think that’s about all the clothes/accessories I should be bringing since we will just be gone for 3 days. I always overdo it, but I guess you can never have too many back up clothes right?!
Some of the other things I’ll probably pack in my purse or book bag is my Kindle for the car ride so I can read my book, my planner (maybe, not sure if I want to carry this around yet), chapstick, wallet, my camera + charger, phone charger, and my camera stick. Want to carry around a light book bag, so I’m either going to use one of my older ones or get myself another one! I have been eyeing this Coach one, but I’m not 100% sure if I want to buy it yet.
What are some essentials you guys pack on a short trip like this? Should I bring anything else?! Let me know in the comments 🙂
I was reading a post from LA which was about checking in on her winter bucket list. I thought this was such great idea to go back to your winter bucket list and see if you accomplished anything on there. Plus, winter is basically over and I have already started on my spring bucket list so there’s no better time to do this than now!
- Drink hot chocolate and watch a movie in my pj’s w/ my husband yes, did this a lot of times.. maybe just once with hot chocolate though
- Bake cookies and decorate them (sprinkles, frosting, etc) did bake cookies, just didn’t do the decorating part like I wanted to
- Go see Christmas lights at least 3x yes! Saw many Christmas lights
- Buy presents for family, wrap them, and put them under the tree yes! Had a post about this too, hours and hours of wrapping, but worth it
- Go ice-skating we went at least 2x
- Visit Chicago and see the lights + ice skate we did end up going to Chicago and we did get to see all the lights, but the line to ice skate was like 2+ hours and we weren’t going to wait that long so maybe next year
- Plan an upcoming vacation yes, planned our Gatlinburg, TN trip
- Watch as many movies as I can during my free time YES! Watched sooooo many movies it was ridiculous. I think 2018 was the year I became a movie lover
- Write my 2019 goals yes + got a planner and updated it to the max
- Decorate a gingerbread house with husband no, didn’t end up doing this sadly
- Scrapbook was able to sit down and do it once, but I needed more supplies so until next time
- Read yes! I actually got to read a lot this winter and I’m super proud of myself because I used to NEVER read books
I’d say I got most of this list done, the couple things I didn’t get to do was probably because we decided not to do it! Before I found my list, I really thought I wasn’t going to end up checking any of these off because usually I write a super long list and end up doing like 2 things only. I’m surprised, but it was a fun winter so it makes sense! 🙂
Thanks LA for the great idea! Everyone should check her page out, she’s awesome!
One of my goals this year is to really get into fashion and to try out new styles. Since Spring is just around the corner, I’m already thinking about what kind of outfits I want to buy and wear. I’ve gotten some inspiration from Pinterest and want to organize it! I am thinking of outfits I could wear to work and also on vacations or just casually if I go somewhere. I rarely wear colors and am planning on incorporating them into my outfits.
So I decided the best thing to do is make a new board on Pinterest and have everything I like in there. I’ve been using boards a lot lately and it really organizes everything nicely.
Here’s the link to my board: Spring Style 2019
The problem with our city is that Spring can turn into summer weather real quick so sometimes it just depends on what you can wear. It’s usually cold in the office, so I will most likely be wearing cardigans/jeans from Spring into Summer. But there are a lot of cute outfits I’ve found and I cannot wait to use these as inspiration! I will continue adding more stuff into this board as I find more outfits, so keep an eye out!
Does anyone else use Pinterest to organize their ideas? What do you do for outfit inspiration? Let me know below, would love to try some new things out as well! 🙂
Late post today, it’s been very busy since the 16th so I haven’t had time to sit down and just write. I’m planning to bring my laptop on the trip so I can give myself an hour everyday to blog. Currently, I am in bed just writing this and I’m super tired, but I am fighting through it.
So let’s start with what my day consisted of today! My alarm woke me up as usual @ 3:45 AM so I can wake up Mirhad to eat for Juftar (it’s Ramadan) and then I went back to sleep. At 6 AM, Mirhad woke ME up…lol to go to the gym and that’s when I regretted saying “I’m going to wake up at 6 am tomorrow to go to the gym” the day before because Mirhad remembered that and jumped to the opportunity smh. SO I had to go, I had no choice. On the bright side, I did a light workout so I’m not really sore since I’m going to be traveling tomorrow and then afterwards we swam and went to the jacuzzi! It woke me up though and it felt good to leave the gym at 8 with my whole day ahead of me. Afterwards, we went to my parents house to grab their truck so Mirhad could go get the power wash so we could power wash our siding. So that’s what we did for 2-3 hours and I also fixed up my flowers a bit since there were weeds growing around it. I had my ortho appointment @ 1 so I went to that and by the time I came back, Mirhad was asleep (of course). For the rest of the day, I pretty much just cleaned the whole house so it’s clean when I’m back and I also washed some laundry AND hung out with my little sister lol. Tomorrow, I’m packing my stuff to get ready to go and then we are going to my niece’s kindergarten graduation, can’t wait! ❤
Mirhad told me that when we come back from our trip, we’re going to look at buying a mini golden-doodle… I’m so happy!!!! I cannot wait to have a little puppy with my hubby, our first official addition to our new family 🙂
But that’s the updates for now, this month has been flying by, just hope it slows done during our road trip bc I want to enjoy it and live in the moment forever!