I was reading a post from LA which was about checking in on her winter bucket list. I thought this was such great idea to go back to your winter bucket list and see if you accomplished anything on there. Plus, winter is basically over and I have already started on my spring bucket list so there’s no better time to do this than now!
- Drink hot chocolate and watch a movie in my pj’s w/ my husband yes, did this a lot of times.. maybe just once with hot chocolate though
- Bake cookies and decorate them (sprinkles, frosting, etc) did bake cookies, just didn’t do the decorating part like I wanted to
- Go see Christmas lights at least 3x yes! Saw many Christmas lights
- Buy presents for family, wrap them, and put them under the tree yes! Had a post about this too, hours and hours of wrapping, but worth it
- Go ice-skating we went at least 2x
- Visit Chicago and see the lights + ice skate we did end up going to Chicago and we did get to see all the lights, but the line to ice skate was like 2+ hours and we weren’t going to wait that long so maybe next year
- Plan an upcoming vacation yes, planned our Gatlinburg, TN trip
- Watch as many movies as I can during my free time YES! Watched sooooo many movies it was ridiculous. I think 2018 was the year I became a movie lover
- Write my 2019 goals yes + got a planner and updated it to the max
- Decorate a gingerbread house with husband no, didn’t end up doing this sadly
- Scrapbook was able to sit down and do it once, but I needed more supplies so until next time
- Read yes! I actually got to read a lot this winter and I’m super proud of myself because I used to NEVER read books
I’d say I got most of this list done, the couple things I didn’t get to do was probably because we decided not to do it! Before I found my list, I really thought I wasn’t going to end up checking any of these off because usually I write a super long list and end up doing like 2 things only. I’m surprised, but it was a fun winter so it makes sense! 🙂
Thanks LA for the great idea! Everyone should check her page out, she’s awesome!
First off, Happy Valentine’s Day! ❤️
This is one of the first Valentine’s Day that we have actually done something! I mean that in a way as, we never took it seriously. Yes, we would eat chocolate together and all of that good stuff, but we never took the time to actually celebrate and do something special. We thought since we’re married, we might as well celebrate and make it fun! I had to work yesterday, but when I came home I set everything up for this little surprise I was planning. It wasn’t anything really over the top, I just wanted to spend it at home with my husband, relaxing.
I had a vision in my mind, but I needed the supplies! A couple days ago when we went to Trader Joe’s, I grabbed some blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cupcakes, and macaroons. Originally, I wanted to just melt some chocolate in a bowl and have us dip the strawberries in there. But as I was cutting up the strawberries, I changed my mind. I thought all of the fruit was sweet enough and we had the macaroons, plus the cupcakes! I had a bottle of Sparkling Moscato so I set that up with two wine glasses on this tray. This whole thing was set up on the floor in the living room. I found these LED candles that I bought a while ago and knew exactly where I wanted to place them. I started putting them on the table under the TV and lit a really good smelling candle. I also added my tulips in the middle. It looked so pretty! I had these lanterns filled with lights so I put that out too on the floor next to the table. Next, I put a red blanket on the floor with some pillows and started setting up the food.
Once that was all done, I turned all the candles on and found a Spotify playlist, it was literally called “Valentine’s Day Tunes” or something like that. But it was perfect. I told Mirhad he can’t look until I’m done. So finally, it looked perfect. I started playing the romantic music and I called him out and made him close his eyes until he was standing in front of it all. He LOVED it! He just kept saying how it looks so nice and how this is so sweet! We sat down and started eating (of course) and just enjoyed each others company.
After we were finished eating, we started watching the Ted Bundy series which was super good (he’s so messed up) and we finished within a day! I recommend if you haven’t watched it already. Now I think all we will be doing this weekend is watching crime shows 😂
So yeah, that was our Valentine’s Day! Very chill and relaxing. I have some pictures of the thing I set up, with a video! 🙂
A little late on the February post, but it’s a new month! In the past, my husband and I never really took Valentine’s Day seriously because we were in high school and college. Now that we’re married, we’re going to celebrate it as best as we can! But aside from Valentine’s Day, new month = new goals. Of course I have my other goals in general, but I like to do specific goals for the month. For example, I want to create a consistent routine for the gym. Our gym is finally completed so I can start working out whenever. Sounds easy, right? Nope! It’s very hard to get yourself in that routine of working out when you haven’t worked out in probably over 6 months. So I need to make a plan, a schedule to keep me motivated and going to the gym.
At this point, I am just trying to be healthy. I’m not getting any younger and neither is my body so I need to take care of it. I wish I had this mentality when I was in college, but who did?! One step at a time, though. It isn’t hard and I can do this! On the plus side, I bought something that I think it’s going to motivate me for the gym – some really good pre-workout that apparently tastes like Mountain Dew and it’s going to be delivered today! Maybe I’ll do a review of it?! Okay, enough of that!
Mirhad and I made a very serious decision last week that we won’t be telling anyone about until it’s time to do it, but it will be in 2020. Big changes coming!!!! We have decided to do this for ourselves because this is what we’ve wanted to do for so long and we are super excited for it! And no, it’s not that we have not decided to have kids! I cannot wait until I can officially make a post about it, it will change everything ☺️
In the meantime, we have lots of work to do until 2020. I am hoping to really take my blog to the next level this year, but I’m not sure where to start. Does anyone have any helpful tips? I would greatly appreciate them!
And one of the last goals I will mention is that I want to spend less time on my phone. I feel like in the last 6 months I’ve noticed (and so has my husband) that I have a slight addiction to my phone. The problem is that I really do spend way too much time browsing social media. It’s okay if it has something to do with my blog, but most of the time it doesn’t. So that’s one of my other goals, to spend less time on my phone and more time talking to my husband, family, and friends.
Do you have any goals for this month? Let me know! 🙂
Went to Target the other day and found some goodies in the $5 and less section and let me tell ya I have been SLEEPING on this section!!!! Why didn’t I look here before?! Well, now I know and will be checking more often.
I was so inspired by this YouTube video where this lady goes to Target and finds all of these cute items, and that’s when I thought of the idea of making a coffee/cocoa bar. I was able to grab a few things for it and also something to start my picture collage in our bedroom. Since we moved our dining room set into the corner of our living room, we have this partially empty den and don’t know what to do with it yet. We know we want to add two sofa chairs or a couch eventually, but the space is a little awkward because we have that pretty window that goes out a bit. So it’s tough to set up two couches there which is why I think two nice sofa chairs would look good there. We also moved our living room table here. The goal of this den is for it to be a space where we can unplug, drink coffee, and read or talk. With no electronic distractions. Which is why I think it’s essential the coffee bar is perfect.
I bought two pieces of decoration to hang right above the bar.
I think it looks super cute and much better than before. The next things I want to find at Target are these glass jars that come with scoops. I’d love to put cocoa and marshmallows in two of them and sit them on the table next to the coffee machine. I also went this tier basket so I can use that to add some stuff in like cocoa mugs and make a few other decorations.
For our bedroom, I found this really cute 3 piece picture set which I will put in the middle of the pictures we already have in our room. It’s pretty empty in general, only one side has pictures. I still have some picture I want to print out, but I need to buy bigger frames since I want to make those a little bigger than the rest.
Update: Put these two pictures up, I think it looks adorable!
Hoping to go to another Target this week to see if they have anything the others didn’t. Hopefully I can find more of what the lady had in her YouTube video. There was a really cute picture that would be perfect for the kitchen. The quote said, “the dishes can wait… life won’t.” I thought that was sooooo cute! There was also this cute home sign, so I am super excited to go see what the other Target has!
Stay tuned for more Target finds and more of my home updates! 🙂
2018 was filled with lots of love, happiness, and craziness. So many memories and fun things we did so I want to take a moment and look back on every month and write down something I did! And these might be some little things, but they’re good memories to look back on because I have a hard time remembering stuff! ❤
- I rang in the new year as an engaged lady
- We closed on our new home
- Officially started buying renovation supplies for the house
- Started my last semester of college
- Tore down a wall in our house (for the first time) and it was super fun
- Made a famous soup recipe from The Spaghetti Factory and it was 🔥
- Started officially taking my blog seriously and committing time to it (I started in December of 2017, but just created one)
- Got my bridal shower invitations made, printed out, and sent out to people
- Bought a really cute pink purse combo (huge step because I only buy black purses so having a different color was new to me)
- Saw Aleksandra Prijovic live in concert
- Struggled with my finance classes (lol)
- Booked my last appointment to take my braces off
- Took my niece and nephew to Sky Zone and went to eat after – my nephew drank soda and was so hyper
- Completed the tiles in the bathroom
- Talked about our wedding and looked for wedding venues
- Moved the gym from his parents basement into our garage
- Took our niece to the movies to watch Peter Rabbit (such a good movie)
- Painted our house
- Put a new tub, toilet, and sink in our bathrooms
- Someone stole our AC system outside at our new house (assholes)
- Father in law got the kids new bunnies (we made sure to not attach ourselves to them otherwise we would take them home lol)
- Added the flooring into our house
- Got my braces off!!!!!
- My dad left his power tool in one of the houses he sold so he was sad until they let him get it back lol
- Went to Chicago with Ado and Nejla for a weekend (end of March, beginning of April)
- They took us to a place called Steak 52 I think and it was super expensive but such a cool experience
- Got drunk from a fish bowl at Sugar Factory
- Visited the Nutella Factory in Chicago for the first time
- Had a mimosa for brunch for the first time
- Tore all the walls off in the basement
- Made bosnian bread for the first time in a long time and it was delicious
- Mirhad fell down the stairs in his basement and now has a huge scar on leg (lmao)
- Started looking at furniture for our house
- Had Husko’s chili for the first time (the best)
- Made my party favors for the bridal shower and other decorations
- Passed my second kidney stone – worst pain ever
- Looked for my graduation outfit
- Got my makeup done by my bff for my bridal shower
- Had my bridal shower!!
- Elma bought a snapchat geo filter made just for my shower ❤
- Opened up gifts at home with the families instead of at the shower, it was more fun this way and my nephew had a blast trying to open all of the gifts before me
- Put in our kitchen cabinets
- Sanela’s fam bought us a TV
- We picked the granite top for the kitchen
- Dad installed a new door, but had to knocked down some of the wall to do it
- Furnished our living room
- Bought a bed set
- Planted my first flowers 🌷
- Searched for my Mosque wedding dress
- Entered my last month of college
- Had my graduation party (earlier bc we wanted to also celebrate my dads and sister birthdays)
- Mirhad went to Boston for a couple of days
- Went bike riding in Forest Park
- Granite top was added to our kitchen
- Ordered a graduation cap topper from Etsy and got it in the mail right before graduation
- Got our kitchen completed including the appliances
- Graduated college!!!
- Got married a couple days later ❤
- Mirhad walked the stage at his graduation, but actually just now graduated a couple days ago
- My niece graduated pre-school, had a mini graduation
- Went to Colorado with Mirhad, Ermin, Sanela, and Anel and had lots of fun
- Mirhad had his eye surgery
- We bought a puppy!
- My sister went to a college prep camp for 2 weeks
- We got a dining room set finally
- Mirhad and Omer killed a wasps nest by our door
- Celebrated our first Bajram as a married couple
- Mirhad drove 4 hours to pick up our puppy
- Had lots of fun, snuggles, and struggles with our pup and ended up having to give him away 2 weeks later
- I started my new job
- Went to a family picnic in St. James and fished
- Mirhad was trimming the bushes in front of our house and accidentally trimmed the extension cord as well
- Celebrated 4th of July in the park we’ve been going to for 3 years now
- Went canoeing in Forest Park
- Celebrated my birthday and went home earlier from work
- Went to Dallas, TX for my birthday weekend
- Tried Texas BBQ for the first time
- Went swimming on a rooftop pool
- Sat in a Tesla for the first time
- Made my fall wreath
- Went to a Card’s game
- Made a coffee bar
- Surprised my nephew with a birthday cupcake and a mini trampoline
- Attended one of my best friends brothers wedding
- Chilled on a hammock with Mirhad and ate fruit
- Ate a spongebob ice cream
- Attended another friends wedding
- Went on our trip to Seattle, San Fran, Yosemite, and Vegas
- Celebrated Mirhad’s birthday in the West Coast
- Decorated pumpkins and put them in front of the house
- Got a patio set
- Took some photos in a pumpkin patch
- Tried a pumpkin spiced latte for the first time ever
- Watched our friends get engaged
- Surprised Zana with a baby shower
- Searched for fall leaves in every park and took lots of pics
- Had a picnic in Forest Park
- Put up my Christmas tree
- Had our first sleepover with my niece and nephew
- Dyed my hair dark brown
- Heard a car crash into the river by our house (scary)
- Parked our car in the garage for the first time (after it was all cleaned out)
- First snow at this house
- Had Friendsgiving at our friends house
- Got this super cute purse from my hubs
- Celebrated my nieces 6th birthday
- Got to meet baby Adnan
- Got Mirhad Airpods for his New Years present
- 2 of my bff’s graduated college
- Went to Chicago for a weekend to see the lights
- Finished wrapping all presents and put them under the tree
And now as this year is about to wrap up, I wish everyone a very happy and safe New Years! Hoping for lots of happiness, love, and adventures in 2019! ❤
2019 will be a great year, looking forward to lots of happiness, love, and personal growth. I plan to travel as much as I can and as much as my vacation days at work allow me. We’ve already started planning for some vacations, so they’ll be included in the list as well. So here’s my top 10 cities I want to visit in 2019 in no order whatsoever.
- New York – when it’s warmer, probably sometime in the summer. I’ve only been in December, so I would love to see Central Park in all its beauty in the summer time. And we’ll we’re in NY, I would want to go see Niagara Falls because I saw it as a kid, but my husband never has been
- Mexico or Dominican Republic – my mom wants all of us to go together (the families) so that should be fun
- Chicago – in the summer because that’s the best time to go. Lots more you can do when it’s warmer outside like swim in the lake, visit rooftop restaurants, etc.,
- Bosnia – we really want to go visit our mainland, but I don’t know if it’s feasible this year with my vacation days. It would be great to see my grandparents and introduce my husband to my family whom he’s never met before
- Seattle – we want to go for a couple days in the summer since we were there in the fall time. And this time, we wouldn’t just stay a day! It would be more like 3-4 days which gives us time to explore more of the city and hangout with friends
- This will be a placeholder for our honeymoon – we don’t know where we want to go yet, but we’re definitely planning to go in 2019
- Los Angeles – have been applying to win Ellen tickets again like I did that one time, but I wasn’t able to go. I heard she was retiring in a year, so I want to go before she stops doing the Ellen show. We went to LA over 5 years ago, so I’d love to go back and explore it better than I did the first time (and visit Santa Barbara <3)
- Yellowstone National Park – this is on my list for sure! This one would take a lot of planning
- Miami – I kind of want to go here for my birthday this year, just a weekend would be nice. My birthday falls on a Thursday, so I could just go for 3-4 days and it would be fun! I still need to plan for Mirhad’s birthday, we’re trying this thing where we just go visit somewhere for our birthdays instead of staying at home! His is on a Friday, so it’s much easier to take off 1 day of vacation days and go somewhere for 3 days
- Lake Tahoe – my mom REALLY wants to go here next summer too. We had a lot of fun there in 2016 and she wants us all to go again including my husbands parens. I think it’s a great idea and Lake Tahoe is such a beautiful place
I really hope I can visit all of these awesome places because trust me, a girl needs a vacation multiple times a year especially when you work all the time! So here’s hoping we all get to visit the places we have planned to visit in 2019! ✈️✈️✈️
Are you guys planning on going anywhere in 2019?? Let me know! 🙂
There are some things I really don’t mind splurging on, so I’ve created a list of my personal favorites! 🙂
- My favorites are the ones from American Eagle, yes they are a little pricey, but they last for so long and they never fade no matter how many times you wash them. I have gotten jeans from different stores in the past like Marshall’s and TJ Maxx, but they’re just not good quality and usually don’t fit perfectly or shrink in the washer. So I don’t mind spend a little more to have jeans for 5+ years. Plus they’re super cute 🙂
- I love to take care of my skin, so obviously I like to buy the good stuff and the good stuff is almost always expensive unless I get lucky and find a great affordable brand. Again, I don’t mind splurging on skincare because it’s for ME. I think I deserve some nice self care with a face mask! My favorite skincare stuff currently is Mario Badescu.
- Shoes are something you should really do some research on and invest in. I think what you wear on your feet is super important to your body, especially your back. You need good shoes to support your back and other things so wearing something thin or uncomfortable just because it’s super cheap isn’t worth it. I like to buy a comfortable pair of shoes from a brand I know I won’t be disappointed with. Right now, I really like Reebok.. they have very comfortable shoes and I can even wear them to work.
- Don’t know if this counts, but of course I like to splurge on vacations and traveling. Not too much of course, but we like to have a good time so why not try the good food and go have fun if I’m already there?? Traveling is pretty much the #1 thing I spend money on lol, but it’s worth it!!
What do you guys not mind splurging on?! 🙂