I was reading a post from LA which was about checking in on her winter bucket list. I thought this was such great idea to go back to your winter bucket list and see if you accomplished anything on there. Plus, winter is basically over and I have already started on my spring bucket list so there’s no better time to do this than now!
- Drink hot chocolate and watch a movie in my pj’s w/ my husband yes, did this a lot of times.. maybe just once with hot chocolate though
- Bake cookies and decorate them (sprinkles, frosting, etc) did bake cookies, just didn’t do the decorating part like I wanted to
- Go see Christmas lights at least 3x yes! Saw many Christmas lights
- Buy presents for family, wrap them, and put them under the tree yes! Had a post about this too, hours and hours of wrapping, but worth it
- Go ice-skating we went at least 2x
- Visit Chicago and see the lights + ice skate we did end up going to Chicago and we did get to see all the lights, but the line to ice skate was like 2+ hours and we weren’t going to wait that long so maybe next year
- Plan an upcoming vacation yes, planned our Gatlinburg, TN trip
- Watch as many movies as I can during my free time YES! Watched sooooo many movies it was ridiculous. I think 2018 was the year I became a movie lover
- Write my 2019 goals yes + got a planner and updated it to the max
- Decorate a gingerbread house with husband no, didn’t end up doing this sadly
- Scrapbook was able to sit down and do it once, but I needed more supplies so until next time
- Read yes! I actually got to read a lot this winter and I’m super proud of myself because I used to NEVER read books
I’d say I got most of this list done, the couple things I didn’t get to do was probably because we decided not to do it! Before I found my list, I really thought I wasn’t going to end up checking any of these off because usually I write a super long list and end up doing like 2 things only. I’m surprised, but it was a fun winter so it makes sense! 🙂
Thanks LA for the great idea! Everyone should check her page out, she’s awesome!
Every Winter, I write this little bucket list of things I want to do and most of the time, half of the stuff on there doesn’t get crossed off! This time, I’m making it a bit shorter so that maybe I will be able to cross more things off. I love the holidays and the warmth it gives me, so this list is essential to me.
- Drink hot chocolate and watch a movie in my pj’s w/ my husband
- Bake cookies and decorate them (sprinkles, frosting, etc)
- Go see Christmas lights at least 3x
- Buy presents for family, wrap them, and put them under the tree
- Go ice-skating
- Visit Chicago and see the lights + ice skate
- Plan an upcoming vacation
- Watch as many movies as I can during my free time
- Write my 2019 goals
- Decorate a gingerbread house with husband
So there’s my super short list. I think I can do most of the things on here, I really want to go see the lights in Chicago and ice-skate, but if it’s too expensive we may save that for next year.
What’s on your list? 🙂
So I have been trying out some new stuff recently and I have actually been liking everything. From skincare to haircare products, here’s my list:
- Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer – my skin has been going through this dry phase for some reason and I ran out of my other moisturizer (which was also from Clinique) so I decided to go even further and try the moisture surge. So far, I LOVE this for my face. It really makes it soft, glowey, and hydrates it. I deff think this is my new go to face moisturizing product!
- Nivea Soft – I really love this for my body. I usually put it on after I get out of the shower, but you can even use it when your legs or arms are feeling dry. It has a nice scent to it and it’s not greasy at all.
- Thayers Witch Hazel – I tried the smaller version of this since I wasn’t sure if I’d like it, but it’s so nice on my skin. I like to use it in the morning and before I go to bed and so far I am loving it better than my old witch hazel toner.
- Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser – So I only got this because it was $7 the other day at Ulta with their 21 days of Beauty sale. It’s been over a week since I have been using it and what this is supposed to do is not get rid of any acne you have prior to using this, but to prevent any future acne from occuring. I haven’t had any breakouts ever since I started using this so I’m not 100% sure it’s from this product, but I usually do get acne now and then so just knowing my face is looking so much better gives me faith in this product. Originally it is $15, so it’s a little pricey, but none of their products have ever disappointed.
- Up&Up Makeup Remover Wipes – Usually I use some makeup remover wipes from like Neutrogena and it burns my eyes when removing makeup. I finally found the perfect makeup wipes that don’t burn my eyes when using!!!! They are super gentle and soft to the skin so it causes no irritation whatsoever. I will keep purchasing these for sure!
Garnier Fructis Hair Mask – First time trying this product and so far it makes my hair smell good and it also makes it soft. They say you can use this hair mask as a conditioner, leave-in treatment or hair mask depending on what you need. It makes you hair less frizzy and more manageable. Loving it so far and will keep using it!
Garnier® Fructis® Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream – I’ve used this in the past and forgot about how much I liked it. I mix this with the oil I am going to talk about next and it just makes my hair super soft.
Garnier® Fructis® Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment – Used this in the past also by combining it with the leave in conditioner above. It always worked good for me, made my hair smell amazing and made it super soft as well!
Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Detangler – Used this up already, got it maybe 2-3 months ago and I LOVED it! My hair always gets tangled easily after I get out of the shower and this helped so much. It also smells amazing!
So these are the products I’ve been loving lately, I might do cleaning products next time – I’ve been trying to get into the “organic” cleaning products.
Happy Labor Day, do I even say that? Don’t know, but I said it anyways! A lot of people are off today and I am one of those people (thankfully). Feels nice to not have to go to work today and to have a shorter week. This week will be a rough one and I will be so happy on Friday when it’s all over lol. At least I get to work from home a lot of the days so that’s nice.
Have to clean the house today, this weekend has been crazy so everything is a mess, but until then I just want to chill out and relax a bit. We have to go grocery shopping today too.
22 more days until the trip!!! I even made a little widget that has a countdown for me, not that I need another one or anything 😀 I cannot wait to get out of here for a little bit, get away from all work related stress and just enjoy my time where I love to be the most with the person I love the most ❤ Since this is a trip that requires a bit more planning, I need to write a to do list + things I need to buy + things I need to pack. Thinking I may do that today or sometime this week if I have time.
This weekend was good, went out with my friends Saturday night and it was really fun. The bridal shower + wedding were fun, too. I am just so tired from this weekend lol. I need like a weekend to recover.
Going to go start writing those lists, see ya! 🙂
So I bought this book called the 52 List Project from Marshall’s today and it’s basically a year of weekly journaling inspiration. On the back it says “Create 52 lists, one for every week of the year, that will help you discover the beauty, joy, creativity, and power you already have! Get ready to celebrate, enjoy, and take ownership of your life, as each week of the year becomes more thoughtful and vibrant.” I bought a similar book like this for Sanela when she got a new job, but hers is about happiness. I really like this one because it’s all about goals and listing things. I looked through it and some of the things are really interesting to write about. So each week I will have a new topic to write about. This will be fun!
The first page says “List your goals and dreams for this year.” So I wanted to write them on here, too. This way I can have it in multiple places to look back on!
- Move into my new house with Mirhad
- Graduate college
- Get married
- Read more books –> at least 12 this year*
- Get to a healthy weight & stay there –> be comfortable in your own body, don’t lose weight just to be skinny, lose weight to be healthy for yourself and for your future self
- Travel A LOT
- Up my water intake –> I have many water bottles that measure the water so drink a couple of those a day
- Volunteer @ the bunny shelter often
- Spend more time with my family –> I already do, but I just need to continue doing it
- Renovate my dream home –> make my house how I’ve always dreamed of having it
- Go to health check-ups –> 2x a year
- Save money –> as soon as I start working, create a financial plan
- Take a road trip across the USA
- Take pictures every day
- Go to bed earlier, wake up earlier –> I always stay up late and end up waking up around 10, feels like most of my day is taken up by sleeping.. wake up earlier and make the most of the day
- Try something new or do something (go explore) –> once a month
- Spend more time outside
- Learn more –> documentaries, a course, etc.,
- Prepare my food –> for work, for school, always have a plan of what to eat so I don’t end up eating random junk
- Eat fruit & vegetables more –> incorporate this into my diet
So far, that’s what I have. I will probably add more!