Good morning and happy Monday you guys!
My trip to New Orleans is 24 days away and you know I always love to plan ahead with everything because it makes me feel more organized. So I thought I’d go ahead and think about what I’m packing for those 3 days especially since we decided to go to the beach!
I think I’m going to bring 4-5 outfits total to wear out in case I need to change or I’m not feeling it. So for those I will have to go shopping for, but this is how I am imagining it to be.
- two dresses (need to buy some pretty ones)
- pair of jeans
- 4 pairs of shirts, can be casual or fancy
- 4 pairs of shoes
- flip flops for the beach
- swimsuit (need to buy a new one from Target soon unless my old ones can fit)
- beach cover-up
- sunglasses (need to buy a nice pair because I just gave mine to my mom)
- possibly a cute sun hat
- my pjs (a shirt and shorts)
- an outfit to travel in for the car ride
I think that’s about all the clothes/accessories I should be bringing since we will just be gone for 3 days. I always overdo it, but I guess you can never have too many back up clothes right?!
Some of the other things I’ll probably pack in my purse or book bag is my Kindle for the car ride so I can read my book, my planner (maybe, not sure if I want to carry this around yet), chapstick, wallet, my camera + charger, phone charger, and my camera stick. Want to carry around a light book bag, so I’m either going to use one of my older ones or get myself another one! I have been eyeing this Coach one, but I’m not 100% sure if I want to buy it yet.
What are some essentials you guys pack on a short trip like this? Should I bring anything else?! Let me know in the comments 🙂
I was reading a post from LA which was about checking in on her winter bucket list. I thought this was such great idea to go back to your winter bucket list and see if you accomplished anything on there. Plus, winter is basically over and I have already started on my spring bucket list so there’s no better time to do this than now!
- Drink hot chocolate and watch a movie in my pj’s w/ my husband yes, did this a lot of times.. maybe just once with hot chocolate though
- Bake cookies and decorate them (sprinkles, frosting, etc) did bake cookies, just didn’t do the decorating part like I wanted to
- Go see Christmas lights at least 3x yes! Saw many Christmas lights
- Buy presents for family, wrap them, and put them under the tree yes! Had a post about this too, hours and hours of wrapping, but worth it
- Go ice-skating we went at least 2x
- Visit Chicago and see the lights + ice skate we did end up going to Chicago and we did get to see all the lights, but the line to ice skate was like 2+ hours and we weren’t going to wait that long so maybe next year
- Plan an upcoming vacation yes, planned our Gatlinburg, TN trip
- Watch as many movies as I can during my free time YES! Watched sooooo many movies it was ridiculous. I think 2018 was the year I became a movie lover
- Write my 2019 goals yes + got a planner and updated it to the max
- Decorate a gingerbread house with husband no, didn’t end up doing this sadly
- Scrapbook was able to sit down and do it once, but I needed more supplies so until next time
- Read yes! I actually got to read a lot this winter and I’m super proud of myself because I used to NEVER read books
I’d say I got most of this list done, the couple things I didn’t get to do was probably because we decided not to do it! Before I found my list, I really thought I wasn’t going to end up checking any of these off because usually I write a super long list and end up doing like 2 things only. I’m surprised, but it was a fun winter so it makes sense! 🙂
Thanks LA for the great idea! Everyone should check her page out, she’s awesome!
It’s officially the first day of spring!!! Just like for any season, you have to have a bucket list for this season too. Writing this list has made me so excited for spring, so here we go!
- Fly a kite
- Take pictures of the pretty trees + flowers blooming
- Have a nice picnic around the pretty colors
- Go on a random road trip or two
- Visit the farmers market
- Rollerblade lots and lots in the park
- Make a bird feeder (we have bird food, just never got around to making them a house)
- Take our niece and nephew to the park
- Plan out April and May in my planner
- Spend time outside as much as I can, soak up the warm sun
- Go to the Botanical Gardens
- Buy fresh flowers
- Make our front/back yard look nice
- Look for bunnies
- Have a BBQ at the park
- Take lots of photos of my husband and I outside
- Plan our California trip
- Plan our 2-3 summer trips
- Prank my husband for April Fool’s Day
- Keep the windows open at home as much as we can, let the fresh air flow in
- Set up our patio table and chairs
- Read on my Kindle outside
- Feed ducks
- Visit 2-3 zoo’s outside of our city
- Get an Banana split ice cream and eat it with my husband at the park
So far this is my list, I think if I remember anything else I’ll just add it. It’s not a super long list so I think I can accomplish it. You can tell I just want to spend a lot of time outside!
Have you guys created your spring bucket list yet?? Anything you think I should add to mine? Let me know in the comments!! 🙂
We are having some great weather here and to make it even better, Ulta has released their list for the 21 Days of Beauty! Every year, Ulta has their 21 Days of Beauty sale and I always get at least 1-2 items that are really good deals! Here’s the link to the event!
Now since it’s specific items each day, I like to go through each day and see if I want anything and then write it down so I remember to go that day or order online if I can’t make it in! For some of the days, nothing caught my eye, but here’s my list!
- Mario Badescu* Botanical Exfoliating Scrub on sale for $13
- Urban Decay* Eyeshadow Primer Potion on sale for $12, this is one of my favorite eyeshadow primers and works great with my skin
- Peter Thomas Roth* Hungarian Thermal Mask & Moisturizer on sale for $29.. a little pricey, but I’ve never tried it and it looks good
- Anastasia Beverly Hills* Brow Wiz on sale for $10.50.. this is a STEAL! I would get one of these, but I have one brand new one at home and one I just started using recently so I don’t need it. If you’re looking for a light, easy brow pencil this one is great
- Skyn Iceland* Eye Gels on sale for $7.50-15.. never tried these but they look like they would work well
- Tarte* Tartelette Toasted Eyeshadow Palette on sale for $19.50.. have always wanted to try this one out and it’s a good price. Might be useful for traveling especially because it has a mirror
- Mario Badescu* Drying Lotion on sale for $8.50.. my sister uses this and says it works really well
- Clinique* Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator on sale for $19.50. One of my favorite moisturizers and it’s a great price on sale, will stock up
- Mario Badescu* Vitamin C Serum on sale for $22.50. Vitamin C is super good on the skin and I have been looking for a good serum from a brand I can trust
- M•A•C* Prep + Prime Skin on sale for $15.50.. I have the Mac fix + spray and I love it so maybe this will work as good
- IT Cosmetics* Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara on sale for $12.. one of my favorite mascaras so I need to stock up! Also got my mom hooked on it, so I will grab one for her as well!
So there’s my list, does anyone else have any favorites they stock up on from events like this? Might as well get it when it’s on sale, right? 🙂
Spring is coming which means it’s almost that time for spring cleaning! Since it’ll be the first time we’ve been in our new home when it’s spring, I feel like I need to make the ultimate cleaning list. There is sooooo much to do and I really love opening up the windows when it’s nice outside and just enjoying the breeze. It makes cleaning THAT much better. Making this list will also make my life easier because I don’t have to sit down in a couple of weeks and think about it, it’ll just be here! FYI, long list ahead! 🙂
- clean all of the windows including the little area between the net and the window
- take down my curtains and washing them so they smell fresh
- put away anything left from the winter and bringing out any spring stuff
- deep clean the bathrooms (sink, toilets, showers, floors)
- re-organize the pantry
- dust off surfaces in the whole house
- re-organize shoe closet
- move all furniture and clean underneath it
- wipe down all floor moldings
- wipe down dust from picture frames + mirrors
- vacuum and Swiffer the floors including all corners and edges
- organize office closets
- re-arrange the den
- vacuum the basement + laundry room
- wash bed covers/pillow cases/pillows from bedroom + guest bedroom
- freshen up and re-arrange guest bedroom
- re-organize closet that has all my house stuff
- wipe down ceiling fans
- clean any shoes that got dirty from winter
- wipe down the basement stairs + basement hallway
- wash the doors from scuff marks
- dust the office bookcase
- freshen up living room furniture and wash the pillows from the couch
- clean the tiles in the shower
- replace any light bulbs that are missing in the rooms
- change air filter
- clean the microwave + dishwasher + oven
- re-organize plastic containers, buy new ones if needed
- clean + organize kitchen drawers
- clean out cabinets + re-organize
- clean coffee machine + coffee bar area.. re-organize coffee mugs (maybe buy the shelf I’ve been wanting above it)
- clean under the sink
- clean dining room table (wipe down any dust from chairs)
- clean out bathroom shelves
- put in new bathroom floor matts after cleaning the bathroom floors
- re-organize makeup table, throw out any old, expired items
- add shelves to the laundry room and set it up
- get rid of any clutter like old food and things we don’t want
- put away winter clothes and bring out spring clothes (wash them) + re-organize closet
- organize office desk and throw out any unnecessary things
Now, the outside is a whole different story. There is so much to do and since it’s been a long winter, there is a lot of fallen branches and stuff we need to clean up.
- clean off driveway with water hose
- do any paint touch ups around the door and front steps etc.,
- clean the grill
- clean out garage so I can park the car
- throw out any clutter from the garage, sell it if possible
- clean out gutters
- replace broken awning
- put new lightbulbs in areas where the lights went out
- trim trees/bushes
- cut down trees if needed since they are very dry and can fall
- get rid of any bugs outside the house (plus add bug spray) and clean out rock area by front door
- wash my car (this is sooooo needed)
I think that’s everything.. wow that’s A LOT! But it needs to get done, so I’m going to take my time and break it out into sessions throughout the weekends! Especially since it’s not 100% warm outside yet and the weather is unpredictable, we can’t really do all the outside stuff, but I can do some of the inside cleaning! I’m excited though, spring cleaning can be fun if you make it fun! 🙂
Does anyone else use a spring cleaning list to help you remember what you need to do? Lists in general are super helpful for me, so this will be a HUGE plus. Anything I missed that you recommend needs to be done for spring?? Let me know in the comments 🙂
I love Amazon and I feel like my husband and I order from there quite often. So I thought it would be a cool idea to show you guys my top 5 favorite purchases in no order and why I like them!
#1: Camera & Phone Tripod
- I really like this tripod because the last one I had was the type where you could pull these circles off and make it smaller or whatever and it was just annoying dealing with it. This one is sturdy and can’t break easily. It wasn’t super expensive either. It also comes with a phone mount thing where you could put your phone and it has a camera mount if you want to put your digital camera. One more awesome perk is that it comes with a remote shutter which is super cool!
#2: Dimmable Fluorescent Ring Light
- This is the first time I’ve purchased a ring light and I have to say that this changes EVERYTHING! Yesterday I was checking out my makeup in the mirror and had this light on – it made my skin look flawless. I could see every detail whereas on my regular mirror, it’s hard to see if I messed up somewhere. I bought this to use when I make Youtube videos or when I take pictures, so I think this was a good investment. I got the cheaper version of the two since I didn’t really care what color the metal was, works fine either way.
#3: Mezzaluna Chopper and Knife
- Okay this is one of the coolest kitchen tools we own! One time, we got a salad at Subway and they used some blade thing to chop the salad in a big bowl and literally the salad was amazing. So later on, we find out that this is the tool they use! We found it on Amazon for a great price and tried it the other day when making a salad. It chopped through lettuce, cucumbers, and chicken. It was so good! The blades are really sharp so I’d be careful around this one!
#4: Bed Head Deep Waver for Beachy Waves
- This reminded me of a crimper from like way back in 6th grade. It makes beautiful beachy waves! My hair is medium length right now and it makes it look so wavy I love it. I can’t wait until it grows even longer, I’ll feel so tropical. I watched a Youtube video of someone using this on short hair too and it looks so pretty. If you look at the reviews, you can see how it looks on different hair styles. One of the best purchases for my hair lately.
#5: simplehuman Rectangular Step Trash Can
- My husband broke our trash can over the summer – I washed it and left it outside to dry and he ended up dropping it to the point where it broke and wasn’t usable anymore. We were thinking about just replacing a piece (the black can inside), but it was pointless to do since that wasn’t really cheap either. Also, it’s tough finding one that exactly fits yours when you don’t even know what trash can it is anymore! So we searched for months and decided to get this one. Best decision ever!! This trash can is great and it closes by itself slowly so it doesn’t slam on anything. They also gave us a sample of their trash bags that are like a true fit to our specific can and I think we’re going to purchase some more because they’re amazing. It’s so easy to pull the trash bag out whereas before it was a struggle. It’s also a good size for a not so big kitchen.
So that’s my list, have you tried any of these items?? Let me know in the comments! 🙂
So I have been trying out some new stuff recently and I have actually been liking everything. From skincare to haircare products, here’s my list:
- Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer – my skin has been going through this dry phase for some reason and I ran out of my other moisturizer (which was also from Clinique) so I decided to go even further and try the moisture surge. So far, I LOVE this for my face. It really makes it soft, glowey, and hydrates it. I deff think this is my new go to face moisturizing product!
- Nivea Soft – I really love this for my body. I usually put it on after I get out of the shower, but you can even use it when your legs or arms are feeling dry. It has a nice scent to it and it’s not greasy at all.
- Thayers Witch Hazel – I tried the smaller version of this since I wasn’t sure if I’d like it, but it’s so nice on my skin. I like to use it in the morning and before I go to bed and so far I am loving it better than my old witch hazel toner.
- Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser – So I only got this because it was $7 the other day at Ulta with their 21 days of Beauty sale. It’s been over a week since I have been using it and what this is supposed to do is not get rid of any acne you have prior to using this, but to prevent any future acne from occuring. I haven’t had any breakouts ever since I started using this so I’m not 100% sure it’s from this product, but I usually do get acne now and then so just knowing my face is looking so much better gives me faith in this product. Originally it is $15, so it’s a little pricey, but none of their products have ever disappointed.
- Up&Up Makeup Remover Wipes – Usually I use some makeup remover wipes from like Neutrogena and it burns my eyes when removing makeup. I finally found the perfect makeup wipes that don’t burn my eyes when using!!!! They are super gentle and soft to the skin so it causes no irritation whatsoever. I will keep purchasing these for sure!
Garnier Fructis Hair Mask – First time trying this product and so far it makes my hair smell good and it also makes it soft. They say you can use this hair mask as a conditioner, leave-in treatment or hair mask depending on what you need. It makes you hair less frizzy and more manageable. Loving it so far and will keep using it!
Garnier® Fructis® Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream – I’ve used this in the past and forgot about how much I liked it. I mix this with the oil I am going to talk about next and it just makes my hair super soft.
Garnier® Fructis® Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment – Used this in the past also by combining it with the leave in conditioner above. It always worked good for me, made my hair smell amazing and made it super soft as well!
Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Detangler – Used this up already, got it maybe 2-3 months ago and I LOVED it! My hair always gets tangled easily after I get out of the shower and this helped so much. It also smells amazing!
So these are the products I’ve been loving lately, I might do cleaning products next time – I’ve been trying to get into the “organic” cleaning products.