Good morning and happy Monday you guys!
My trip to New Orleans is 24 days away and you know I always love to plan ahead with everything because it makes me feel more organized. So I thought I’d go ahead and think about what I’m packing for those 3 days especially since we decided to go to the beach!
I think I’m going to bring 4-5 outfits total to wear out in case I need to change or I’m not feeling it. So for those I will have to go shopping for, but this is how I am imagining it to be.
- two dresses (need to buy some pretty ones)
- pair of jeans
- 4 pairs of shirts, can be casual or fancy
- 4 pairs of shoes
- flip flops for the beach
- swimsuit (need to buy a new one from Target soon unless my old ones can fit)
- beach cover-up
- sunglasses (need to buy a nice pair because I just gave mine to my mom)
- possibly a cute sun hat
- my pjs (a shirt and shorts)
- an outfit to travel in for the car ride
I think that’s about all the clothes/accessories I should be bringing since we will just be gone for 3 days. I always overdo it, but I guess you can never have too many back up clothes right?!
Some of the other things I’ll probably pack in my purse or book bag is my Kindle for the car ride so I can read my book, my planner (maybe, not sure if I want to carry this around yet), chapstick, wallet, my camera + charger, phone charger, and my camera stick. Want to carry around a light book bag, so I’m either going to use one of my older ones or get myself another one! I have been eyeing this Coach one, but I’m not 100% sure if I want to buy it yet.
What are some essentials you guys pack on a short trip like this? Should I bring anything else?! Let me know in the comments 🙂
One of my goals this year is to really get into fashion and to try out new styles. Since Spring is just around the corner, I’m already thinking about what kind of outfits I want to buy and wear. I’ve gotten some inspiration from Pinterest and want to organize it! I am thinking of outfits I could wear to work and also on vacations or just casually if I go somewhere. I rarely wear colors and am planning on incorporating them into my outfits.
So I decided the best thing to do is make a new board on Pinterest and have everything I like in there. I’ve been using boards a lot lately and it really organizes everything nicely.
Here’s the link to my board: Spring Style 2019
The problem with our city is that Spring can turn into summer weather real quick so sometimes it just depends on what you can wear. It’s usually cold in the office, so I will most likely be wearing cardigans/jeans from Spring into Summer. But there are a lot of cute outfits I’ve found and I cannot wait to use these as inspiration! I will continue adding more stuff into this board as I find more outfits, so keep an eye out!
Does anyone else use Pinterest to organize their ideas? What do you do for outfit inspiration? Let me know below, would love to try some new things out as well! 🙂
There are some things I really don’t mind splurging on, so I’ve created a list of my personal favorites! 🙂
- My favorites are the ones from American Eagle, yes they are a little pricey, but they last for so long and they never fade no matter how many times you wash them. I have gotten jeans from different stores in the past like Marshall’s and TJ Maxx, but they’re just not good quality and usually don’t fit perfectly or shrink in the washer. So I don’t mind spend a little more to have jeans for 5+ years. Plus they’re super cute 🙂
- I love to take care of my skin, so obviously I like to buy the good stuff and the good stuff is almost always expensive unless I get lucky and find a great affordable brand. Again, I don’t mind splurging on skincare because it’s for ME. I think I deserve some nice self care with a face mask! My favorite skincare stuff currently is Mario Badescu.
- Shoes are something you should really do some research on and invest in. I think what you wear on your feet is super important to your body, especially your back. You need good shoes to support your back and other things so wearing something thin or uncomfortable just because it’s super cheap isn’t worth it. I like to buy a comfortable pair of shoes from a brand I know I won’t be disappointed with. Right now, I really like Reebok.. they have very comfortable shoes and I can even wear them to work.
- Don’t know if this counts, but of course I like to splurge on vacations and traveling. Not too much of course, but we like to have a good time so why not try the good food and go have fun if I’m already there?? Traveling is pretty much the #1 thing I spend money on lol, but it’s worth it!!
What do you guys not mind splurging on?! 🙂
Happy Tuesday! Just got home from work and I actually had a really good day! Going to work from home a day or two this week. I have this huge project I have to finish by Thursday and present it to my team, so I have lots of work to do tomorrow and Thursday till noon.
It’s SUPER hot outside again today, like can it just be fall weather already?? Makes me not want to leave the house, but I really want to work out today. Ugh. I might just go take a run somewhere or go to the gym, we’ll see how I’m feeling lol.
I keep telling Mirhad we need to book the rest of our flights and we always forget, so I am making it a goal to do it by tomorrow night. The closer it gets the more excited I am!!! 🙂
I also need to go buy some outfits too, I really want some nice ripped jeans that won’t suffocate me hahaha. I’ll probably get them at American Eagle, I always find good jeans there and yeah they’re expensive, but they last for so long and are always SO comfortable! Plus, I can never find a good pair of jeans anywhere else that won’t fade or shrink after a couple washes.
So yeah, that’s it! See ya! 🙂