It’s officially the first day of spring!!! Just like for any season, you have to have a bucket list for this season too. Writing this list has made me so excited for spring, so here we go!
- Fly a kite
- Take pictures of the pretty trees + flowers blooming
- Have a nice picnic around the pretty colors
- Go on a random road trip or two
- Visit the farmers market
- Rollerblade lots and lots in the park
- Make a bird feeder (we have bird food, just never got around to making them a house)
- Take our niece and nephew to the park
- Plan out April and May in my planner
- Spend time outside as much as I can, soak up the warm sun
- Go to the Botanical Gardens
- Buy fresh flowers
- Make our front/back yard look nice
- Look for bunnies
- Have a BBQ at the park
- Take lots of photos of my husband and I outside
- Plan our California trip
- Plan our 2-3 summer trips
- Prank my husband for April Fool’s Day
- Keep the windows open at home as much as we can, let the fresh air flow in
- Set up our patio table and chairs
- Read on my Kindle outside
- Feed ducks
- Visit 2-3 zoo’s outside of our city
- Get an Banana split ice cream and eat it with my husband at the park
So far this is my list, I think if I remember anything else I’ll just add it. It’s not a super long list so I think I can accomplish it. You can tell I just want to spend a lot of time outside!
Have you guys created your spring bucket list yet?? Anything you think I should add to mine? Let me know in the comments!! 🙂
This is a very exciting post for me because I’m going to write out our long 9-day trip that’s happening in May, day by day! We are calling it our honeymoon part 1 because there will be a part 2 eventually. We’ve been talking about going back to Santa Barbara for a while now and originally we were only going to go for four nights because everything was so expensive, but we found a way around it! We actually ended up making it a 9 day vacation and it wasn’t as expensive as it should’ve been. So here’s how we are planning it out.
Saturday May 25th to Sunday May 26th: Our flight leaves for LA at 5am and we will be there by 10am. We chose the LAX airport because it was much cheaper flying into LA than SB. That’s when we decided to go two days earlier than we planned and just stay in LA that weekend. We planned to go to the two parks in Disneyland and Universal Studios from the start, but just by making it a day trip from SB, but this is much easier and that way we have two full days to do whatever we want in LA. We also were able to find a cheap Airbnb right by Disneyland. But we are going to Disneyland and Universal Studios!!! I am SO pumped! It’s my first time so I’m acting like a kid, but I am too excited!
Monday May 27th to Sunday June 2nd: We rented a car so we will drive that morning from LA to SB, take a nice long cruise by the coastline, and enjoy some road trip time together. Cannot wait to see the views by the ocean and the mountains, it will be beautiful! We decided to spend the next 6 days in Santa Barbara because we found a really cheap Airbnb so we were able to stay longer than we thought. This will give us time to really soak up SB and enjoy what their city has to offer. We haven’t planned out every single thing we are doing yet, but I will update when we do! On that Sunday, we will drive back to LA and spend some time there before our flight in the evening. This is going to be the longest we’ve ever stayed in California, it’s going to be great!
That’s what we have planned so far, we literally just booked all the Airbnb’s, bought the flight tickets, and rented the car just yesterday! In a month, we’re going to purchase the Disneyland and Universal Studios tickets since those can really be purchased at any time.
Side note: I surprised Mirhad with this camera he has wanted so he could start filming (his dream is to be a director one day) and I went and bought it last night for him. He totally didn’t see it coming and had the best reaction! I told him this will be great for him taking pictures and videos of me on vacation 😂 Anyways, I’m happy he can finally use his own camera instead of mine and I know he is too! Hopefully he can learn how to use the camera like an expert by May so we can get some cool footage. Maybe by then my Youtube channel will be started?! 🙂
But yeah, that’s our trip planning. Has anyone else been to Disneyland or Universal Studios? Anything we HAVE to see?? Any recommendations for food in LA and Santa Barbara? I will do some research, but I’d love to hear from personal experience. 🙂
My husband and I got married last May and it’ll be a year since we’ve been married in about 3-4 months. We pushed off our honeymoon to save some money and pick the perfect destination since we didn’t have a wedding. After doing lots of research and thinking, we’ve decided we want to go to Hawaii! At first, we looked at going to Honolulu, but I think we are leaning more towards Maui.
We chose Hawaii because we’ve never been there before and it seems like a great place to spend a couple days relaxing and exploring. The top two places we’d go to would be Honolulu and Maui. Honolulu is the capital, so that means there will be lots of tourists. We had a friend who said it’s kind of like when you go to Florida, like that kind of vibe. And then Maui is more exploring, hiking, beaches, and mountains. I think Maui would be so much fun especially if we could find like cool little waterfalls and stuff like that. It would be lots of fun exploring the area instead of being in a touristy place.
Another plus about Maui is that it’s closer than Honolulu, it’s the island right before it.
The red pin is where Maui is and you can see it’s a little closer than Honolulu. The flight times aren’t THAT much of a difference. We would have to fly from our city to LA or somewhere in California and then to Hawaii. The total flight time would be 8 hours and 35 minutes. So 4 hours from here to LA and then from LA to Maui would be another 4 hours. And that’s IF it’s a flight from here to LA, if it’s somewhere else it’s probably going to be more like 11-12 hours. That’s a LONG flight that I’m not sure I’ll be able to sit through, but it’ll be worth it!
Was looking for ideas of what to see in Maui and found this awesome video! Now I’m wondering if we’ll need to rent a car, hmm…
But really though, so many turtles!!!! Would be so cool to see one snorkling!
Here’s another good informative video, I feel like I’ve watched this before – I’ve watched pretty much every single video on this youtube channel (don’t judge me) and now I’m really looking out for things to see!
When we book our flights and hotel, I will be posting my travel essentials for this trip and more! Stay tuned! 🙂
2019 will be a great year, looking forward to lots of happiness, love, and personal growth. I plan to travel as much as I can and as much as my vacation days at work allow me. We’ve already started planning for some vacations, so they’ll be included in the list as well. So here’s my top 10 cities I want to visit in 2019 in no order whatsoever.
- New York – when it’s warmer, probably sometime in the summer. I’ve only been in December, so I would love to see Central Park in all its beauty in the summer time. And we’ll we’re in NY, I would want to go see Niagara Falls because I saw it as a kid, but my husband never has been
- Mexico or Dominican Republic – my mom wants all of us to go together (the families) so that should be fun
- Chicago – in the summer because that’s the best time to go. Lots more you can do when it’s warmer outside like swim in the lake, visit rooftop restaurants, etc.,
- Bosnia – we really want to go visit our mainland, but I don’t know if it’s feasible this year with my vacation days. It would be great to see my grandparents and introduce my husband to my family whom he’s never met before
- Seattle – we want to go for a couple days in the summer since we were there in the fall time. And this time, we wouldn’t just stay a day! It would be more like 3-4 days which gives us time to explore more of the city and hangout with friends
- This will be a placeholder for our honeymoon – we don’t know where we want to go yet, but we’re definitely planning to go in 2019
- Los Angeles – have been applying to win Ellen tickets again like I did that one time, but I wasn’t able to go. I heard she was retiring in a year, so I want to go before she stops doing the Ellen show. We went to LA over 5 years ago, so I’d love to go back and explore it better than I did the first time (and visit Santa Barbara <3)
- Yellowstone National Park – this is on my list for sure! This one would take a lot of planning
- Miami – I kind of want to go here for my birthday this year, just a weekend would be nice. My birthday falls on a Thursday, so I could just go for 3-4 days and it would be fun! I still need to plan for Mirhad’s birthday, we’re trying this thing where we just go visit somewhere for our birthdays instead of staying at home! His is on a Friday, so it’s much easier to take off 1 day of vacation days and go somewhere for 3 days
- Lake Tahoe – my mom REALLY wants to go here next summer too. We had a lot of fun there in 2016 and she wants us all to go again including my husbands parens. I think it’s a great idea and Lake Tahoe is such a beautiful place
I really hope I can visit all of these awesome places because trust me, a girl needs a vacation multiple times a year especially when you work all the time! So here’s hoping we all get to visit the places we have planned to visit in 2019! ✈️✈️✈️
Are you guys planning on going anywhere in 2019?? Let me know! 🙂
I’ve been feeling a lot better, mentally and physically. Have been eating super good, which has helped my mood by 100x. It makes me feel like the old me, where I was very motivated and happy to do everything. The “old me” is back and is staying 😎 It’s so crazy how just eating right increases your mood and also gives me more energy. Like obviously I knew this from before, but I have really forgotten how it feels like. The last 2 months have been CRAZY, so it feels good to finally just settle in and get my shit together.
Mirhad and I just did our budget on this app, I like it so far. We’re trying to pay everything back that we owe and then we’re going to start saving for our honeymoon 🙂
So yeah, just a little update. I feel the need to blog so much more and I am trying to figure out how to do it while working 9-5.. so it will take some getting use to. I was thinking about bringing my Macbook to work, but I don’t know how I feel about that.. like keeping track of 2 laptops lol. We’ll see, maybe I’ll be so quick to get ready in the morning that I have time to sit down, drink a cup of coffee, and write a quick post?! 🙂