Good morning guys! 🙂
February has gone by so fast and I can’t believe that tomorrow is March 1st! I thought I’d take some time to reflect back on February and see if I accomplished anything I wanted to accomplish.
February felt like it went by quickly, but in the moment it was passing by so slow! I spent the beginning of the month attempting to get back into a diet of some sort and a workout routine. Well, I can say that I’ve got both of them down. Which is surprising because I feel like I’ve been trying to do that for the past three months. I think my whole mindset changed.. summer is only what, three months away? I need to get in shape and actually follow a healthy diet plan. My husband and I decided to get back on Keto so we could get that boost of weight loss and then after we have gotten to our goal weight, we will switch back to a normal diet. Keto for me is fine for a short-term weight loss option, but I don’t really like doing it for a long period of time. Plus, spring/summer is going to be here soon and I love fruit way too much to miss out on that! We have a nice market close to us here with the freshest of fruits and we always miss out because we’re on a diet. And since we have a trip coming up at the end of May and possibly end of April, I want to look and feel my best! So hopefully by our next trip I will be exactly where I want to be. I just wished I started earlier, but at least I started now!
I didn’t get to blog as much as I did this month, so that will be one of the things I will be focusing on next month. March is slightly busy for a couple days at work because we have some events going on, but aside from that it won’t be too bad. That will give me a lot of time to focus on myself and not be so stressed out.
Also hoping that March will be much warmer than February. I am SO tired of the cold and have never been more excited for Spring to arrive! This winter feels like the longest one we’ve had in forever and from what I remember, didn’t the ground hog say we’re going to have an early Spring?!?! Warmer weather makes me so much more productive and I’m so ready for those picnics in the park with my husband 🙂
Aside from all of that, I think it was a pretty good month. There were some long weeks, but I had fun. January and February always seem like they pass by the quickest and I always forget about what happened in those two months! It’s like it’s a blur after New Years until summer! Hoping for March to be filled with lots of happiness, fun, smiles, and time outside!
How do you guys feel like February was?! Did it pass by as quickly as it felt like for me? Do you have any cool plans for March? Let me know in the comments!! 🙂
Side note: Our trip is in 85 days!!!!! It seems so far away, but it’ll be here in no time! I need to make a countdown on here 🙂
Since Spring is right around the corner, I wanted to list some of my favorite things about Spring in no order whatsoever to get me excited for it!
- That Spring smell! All of those flowers blooming and that fresh air finally making a comeback after months of cold, crisp air
- Spending time outside – there is nothing better than knowing you can go outside and just enjoy the sun, even if you don’t have anything planned
- Picnics – I think they are the best in the Spring and Fall seasons because of all the beautiful colors
- Flowers blooming – of course can’t forget about all of those beautiful flowers coming out and making your house or the park colorful
- Road trips – this is possible anytime of the year pretty much, but when it’s nicer outside it’s much easier to take a fun weekend trip
- Better mood – nice weather brings more positivity! People are much happier when it’s Spring
- Daylight Savings goes away – the day is longer and you don’t feel like you have to take a nap when it hits 4-5pm
- The market – all fruits and veggies are out and super fresh! I always get excited for the new season to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies
- You can open your windows – in the house or even in your car and it feels SO good!
- Trees – the trees start getting their green colors back and your neighborhood doesn’t look like a ghost town
What are some of your favorite things about Spring? 🙂
2018 was filled with lots of love, happiness, and craziness. So many memories and fun things we did so I want to take a moment and look back on every month and write down something I did! And these might be some little things, but they’re good memories to look back on because I have a hard time remembering stuff! ❤
- I rang in the new year as an engaged lady
- We closed on our new home
- Officially started buying renovation supplies for the house
- Started my last semester of college
- Tore down a wall in our house (for the first time) and it was super fun
- Made a famous soup recipe from The Spaghetti Factory and it was 🔥
- Started officially taking my blog seriously and committing time to it (I started in December of 2017, but just created one)
- Got my bridal shower invitations made, printed out, and sent out to people
- Bought a really cute pink purse combo (huge step because I only buy black purses so having a different color was new to me)
- Saw Aleksandra Prijovic live in concert
- Struggled with my finance classes (lol)
- Booked my last appointment to take my braces off
- Took my niece and nephew to Sky Zone and went to eat after – my nephew drank soda and was so hyper
- Completed the tiles in the bathroom
- Talked about our wedding and looked for wedding venues
- Moved the gym from his parents basement into our garage
- Took our niece to the movies to watch Peter Rabbit (such a good movie)
- Painted our house
- Put a new tub, toilet, and sink in our bathrooms
- Someone stole our AC system outside at our new house (assholes)
- Father in law got the kids new bunnies (we made sure to not attach ourselves to them otherwise we would take them home lol)
- Added the flooring into our house
- Got my braces off!!!!!
- My dad left his power tool in one of the houses he sold so he was sad until they let him get it back lol
- Went to Chicago with Ado and Nejla for a weekend (end of March, beginning of April)
- They took us to a place called Steak 52 I think and it was super expensive but such a cool experience
- Got drunk from a fish bowl at Sugar Factory
- Visited the Nutella Factory in Chicago for the first time
- Had a mimosa for brunch for the first time
- Tore all the walls off in the basement
- Made bosnian bread for the first time in a long time and it was delicious
- Mirhad fell down the stairs in his basement and now has a huge scar on leg (lmao)
- Started looking at furniture for our house
- Had Husko’s chili for the first time (the best)
- Made my party favors for the bridal shower and other decorations
- Passed my second kidney stone – worst pain ever
- Looked for my graduation outfit
- Got my makeup done by my bff for my bridal shower
- Had my bridal shower!!
- Elma bought a snapchat geo filter made just for my shower ❤
- Opened up gifts at home with the families instead of at the shower, it was more fun this way and my nephew had a blast trying to open all of the gifts before me
- Put in our kitchen cabinets
- Sanela’s fam bought us a TV
- We picked the granite top for the kitchen
- Dad installed a new door, but had to knocked down some of the wall to do it
- Furnished our living room
- Bought a bed set
- Planted my first flowers 🌷
- Searched for my Mosque wedding dress
- Entered my last month of college
- Had my graduation party (earlier bc we wanted to also celebrate my dads and sister birthdays)
- Mirhad went to Boston for a couple of days
- Went bike riding in Forest Park
- Granite top was added to our kitchen
- Ordered a graduation cap topper from Etsy and got it in the mail right before graduation
- Got our kitchen completed including the appliances
- Graduated college!!!
- Got married a couple days later ❤
- Mirhad walked the stage at his graduation, but actually just now graduated a couple days ago
- My niece graduated pre-school, had a mini graduation
- Went to Colorado with Mirhad, Ermin, Sanela, and Anel and had lots of fun
- Mirhad had his eye surgery
- We bought a puppy!
- My sister went to a college prep camp for 2 weeks
- We got a dining room set finally
- Mirhad and Omer killed a wasps nest by our door
- Celebrated our first Bajram as a married couple
- Mirhad drove 4 hours to pick up our puppy
- Had lots of fun, snuggles, and struggles with our pup and ended up having to give him away 2 weeks later
- I started my new job
- Went to a family picnic in St. James and fished
- Mirhad was trimming the bushes in front of our house and accidentally trimmed the extension cord as well
- Celebrated 4th of July in the park we’ve been going to for 3 years now
- Went canoeing in Forest Park
- Celebrated my birthday and went home earlier from work
- Went to Dallas, TX for my birthday weekend
- Tried Texas BBQ for the first time
- Went swimming on a rooftop pool
- Sat in a Tesla for the first time
- Made my fall wreath
- Went to a Card’s game
- Made a coffee bar
- Surprised my nephew with a birthday cupcake and a mini trampoline
- Attended one of my best friends brothers wedding
- Chilled on a hammock with Mirhad and ate fruit
- Ate a spongebob ice cream
- Attended another friends wedding
- Went on our trip to Seattle, San Fran, Yosemite, and Vegas
- Celebrated Mirhad’s birthday in the West Coast
- Decorated pumpkins and put them in front of the house
- Got a patio set
- Took some photos in a pumpkin patch
- Tried a pumpkin spiced latte for the first time ever
- Watched our friends get engaged
- Surprised Zana with a baby shower
- Searched for fall leaves in every park and took lots of pics
- Had a picnic in Forest Park
- Put up my Christmas tree
- Had our first sleepover with my niece and nephew
- Dyed my hair dark brown
- Heard a car crash into the river by our house (scary)
- Parked our car in the garage for the first time (after it was all cleaned out)
- First snow at this house
- Had Friendsgiving at our friends house
- Got this super cute purse from my hubs
- Celebrated my nieces 6th birthday
- Got to meet baby Adnan
- Got Mirhad Airpods for his New Years present
- 2 of my bff’s graduated college
- Went to Chicago for a weekend to see the lights
- Finished wrapping all presents and put them under the tree
And now as this year is about to wrap up, I wish everyone a very happy and safe New Years! Hoping for lots of happiness, love, and adventures in 2019! ❤
2019 will be a great year, looking forward to lots of happiness, love, and personal growth. I plan to travel as much as I can and as much as my vacation days at work allow me. We’ve already started planning for some vacations, so they’ll be included in the list as well. So here’s my top 10 cities I want to visit in 2019 in no order whatsoever.
- New York – when it’s warmer, probably sometime in the summer. I’ve only been in December, so I would love to see Central Park in all its beauty in the summer time. And we’ll we’re in NY, I would want to go see Niagara Falls because I saw it as a kid, but my husband never has been
- Mexico or Dominican Republic – my mom wants all of us to go together (the families) so that should be fun
- Chicago – in the summer because that’s the best time to go. Lots more you can do when it’s warmer outside like swim in the lake, visit rooftop restaurants, etc.,
- Bosnia – we really want to go visit our mainland, but I don’t know if it’s feasible this year with my vacation days. It would be great to see my grandparents and introduce my husband to my family whom he’s never met before
- Seattle – we want to go for a couple days in the summer since we were there in the fall time. And this time, we wouldn’t just stay a day! It would be more like 3-4 days which gives us time to explore more of the city and hangout with friends
- This will be a placeholder for our honeymoon – we don’t know where we want to go yet, but we’re definitely planning to go in 2019
- Los Angeles – have been applying to win Ellen tickets again like I did that one time, but I wasn’t able to go. I heard she was retiring in a year, so I want to go before she stops doing the Ellen show. We went to LA over 5 years ago, so I’d love to go back and explore it better than I did the first time (and visit Santa Barbara <3)
- Yellowstone National Park – this is on my list for sure! This one would take a lot of planning
- Miami – I kind of want to go here for my birthday this year, just a weekend would be nice. My birthday falls on a Thursday, so I could just go for 3-4 days and it would be fun! I still need to plan for Mirhad’s birthday, we’re trying this thing where we just go visit somewhere for our birthdays instead of staying at home! His is on a Friday, so it’s much easier to take off 1 day of vacation days and go somewhere for 3 days
- Lake Tahoe – my mom REALLY wants to go here next summer too. We had a lot of fun there in 2016 and she wants us all to go again including my husbands parens. I think it’s a great idea and Lake Tahoe is such a beautiful place
I really hope I can visit all of these awesome places because trust me, a girl needs a vacation multiple times a year especially when you work all the time! So here’s hoping we all get to visit the places we have planned to visit in 2019! ✈️✈️✈️
Are you guys planning on going anywhere in 2019?? Let me know! 🙂
Last post I talked about my Thanksgiving and that Friday I took work off. Well, Saturday was a very pretty day with a high of 62 degrees so later that night we went to a bonfire with some friends and it was nice. It wasn’t too cold, but it got chilly by 10pm. By the time we left, I was FREEZING. I just thought that it was just because I was by the fire and half of me was warm and half of me was cold. But as soon as I got into the car, my spine started hurting. It was the weirdest thing! After 15-20 mins, I started getting aches everywhere. When I got home, I was shaking uncontrollably and I felt like it was zero degrees in my house. I had Mirhad wrap me up in 4 blankets and give me Nyquil. That night I ended up having a fever which turned into the flu. I’ve been trying to get rid of it since then and haven’t gone into work with fear of getting everyone around me sick. I would hate that. So I’m not going in until my symptoms are gone.
Besides that darn flu, I haven’t been productive at all and it sucks!!! I’ve been trying to clean up little by little which is working, but I can see how weak I am and it’s weird because I haven’t had the flu since like 5 years ago. That time I didn’t get out of bed for 2 weeks and I feel like that would be the case with this if I didn’t have to work!
I’m coming up with my 2019 goals list slowly, there are some good stuff on there so far! I have lots of plans for 2019 and I am super excited! I think it’ll be a great year 🙂 Anyone else start coming up with their 2019 goals??
Today we will try to leave the house and go grocery shopping for some items and see if we can pick up something as a gift for my moms bday that’s in 2 days! We also have our nieces bday coming up next week so we need to find her a gift soon too.
But yeah, that’s my quick update.. until next time when I have a quality post and when I’m not sick 🙂
Good morning guys!
For the longest time, I’ve been looking for tips and tricks on staying motivated and accomplishing my goals. I’ve only recently come to realize that motivation is great, but is that really something that helps you? Sometimes I think motivation is fickle. Fickle is the perfect word for this because we don’t know how we are going to feel when doing something. Motivation comes and goes, it’s not permanent. But having discipline can be. That’s why that should be the ultimate goal. Don’t look for reasons to motivate yourself because they may not work, just go and do it! Do what you want to do and get it done!
I don’t really have any tips on developing discipline besides the basic things like; work hard, stay on track, remove any temptations, eat normally and healthy, change your routine if it isn’t working for you, know your weaknesses, set goals and have a plan to achieve those goals, create new habits that will help you achieve what you want, and reward yourself when you accomplish your goals and get to what you want.
So discipline, discipline, discipline! You can do it!!
Continuing on from my previous blog post, we woke up super early to go catch our flight to SFO. It was a short flight (yay) and the most craziest thing happened before we tried to land. So from the start, they were saying the plane that was supposed to take us to SFO was running late due to weather conditions back in SFO. I was worried right away about how this flight would be and it really wasn’t all bad until we were about to land. So all of a sudden it got super cloudy and foggy for a good 5-10 min. You could see the mountains and then a layer of clouds. All of a sudden after a couple of minutes of traveling through these clouds, we just see the ocean lol. It was a little bit scary and then we landed 5 seconds later! Anyways, finally in SFO and it’s SUPER cloudy. We had to go find the place to pick up our rental car and then we’d be on our way.
The first stop we made was to In n’ Out of course, it was soooooo good. We’ve tried it before and the mistake we always made was adding animal sauce or whatever it was and it didn’t taste good. But this time we just got regular burgers and fries and it was delish!
After we ate, we found out that they didn’t even clean our rental car, it was so filthy in the back so we went and returned it. They gave us a different better car and then we were on our way to go see the Golden Gate Bridge! It took maybe 30 min to drive there from the airport which wasn’t too bad, but we were trying to avoid those traffic times. The bridge was beautiful and the scenery surrounding it was so nice, but it was sooooo windy and cold! You could barely keep your eyes open for a picture!
After taking some pictures, we started driving towards one of our friends houses since we agreed to stay at their place for the night. It was about an hour away and we went through a lot of hills. It was a cool drive over there! When we arrived, their dog was waiting to greet us and ran back inside so we could meet her in there. She was so shy in the beginning, but got so comfortable with us that she was sad to see us go! Our friend Elvira got off work around 6 so we chilled with her brother Eldar until she came home. After that, we just went to drive around and explore downtown and saw some cool places. We got to see that cool street that’s super curvy, it was at night, but it was still awesome. We also went somewhere to a very high hill, but it was so foggy you couldn’t see anything.
So after a quick day in SFO, we woke up the next day refreshed and ready for our road trip down to Yosemite! More in the next post 🙂