Good morning guys!
A couple months ago, I had some blonde streaks in my hair and of course me being indecisive, I decided to dye it dark brown all over. Usually when I box dye my hair at home, it turns out completely fine. But this time, I ran out of box dye because I didn’t realize my hair was so long and it turned out pretty patchy and instead of turning a nice dark brown color, it turned black. Since then, I’ve been trying to fade it out and get rid of the color as much as I can because usually in Spring/Summer I tend to go for the balayage look. I’m also really tired of this hair color and I don’t think I’ll ever dye it dark brown again! I think from now on if I ever want to go darker, I’ll just add in low lights because I’ve learned my lesson.
Yesterday I went and had a consultation for my hair. I have been going to the same lady since I was like 15, but I thought it was time to try a different place! I went to go meet this new lady and as soon as she started talking about my hair, I knew she knew what she was talking about. She asked me what I wanted to do with my hair and I told her how I recently box dyed it and pretty much explained the whole situation. I showed her this picture and said this was what I eventually wanted my hair to look like. She was honest with me and said it would take a couple sessions, but the first time we would aim for a caramel balayage. I liked that she was honest and didn’t want to damage my hair. She said she could easily spend the whole day and transform my hair into this, but the damage would be unbearable and I am trying to avoid as much damage as possible to my hair because I’m growing it out.
So she said this would be the goal the first session since my hair is dark, we’ll see how it ends up. By the time we go to California, it will hopefully look like that first picture! Every time I’ve done balayage in the past, I liked it but then it faded or got brassy and I started to hate it. Which is why I usually went back to darker hair quickly.
Anyways, I was able to get an appointment for the first session this Monday after work so I’m super excited to change up my hair and pretend I’m a new me 😀
Have you changed your hair recently? What did you do to it?? 🙂
I love Amazon and I feel like my husband and I order from there quite often. So I thought it would be a cool idea to show you guys my top 5 favorite purchases in no order and why I like them!
#1: Camera & Phone Tripod
- I really like this tripod because the last one I had was the type where you could pull these circles off and make it smaller or whatever and it was just annoying dealing with it. This one is sturdy and can’t break easily. It wasn’t super expensive either. It also comes with a phone mount thing where you could put your phone and it has a camera mount if you want to put your digital camera. One more awesome perk is that it comes with a remote shutter which is super cool!
#2: Dimmable Fluorescent Ring Light
- This is the first time I’ve purchased a ring light and I have to say that this changes EVERYTHING! Yesterday I was checking out my makeup in the mirror and had this light on – it made my skin look flawless. I could see every detail whereas on my regular mirror, it’s hard to see if I messed up somewhere. I bought this to use when I make Youtube videos or when I take pictures, so I think this was a good investment. I got the cheaper version of the two since I didn’t really care what color the metal was, works fine either way.
#3: Mezzaluna Chopper and Knife
- Okay this is one of the coolest kitchen tools we own! One time, we got a salad at Subway and they used some blade thing to chop the salad in a big bowl and literally the salad was amazing. So later on, we find out that this is the tool they use! We found it on Amazon for a great price and tried it the other day when making a salad. It chopped through lettuce, cucumbers, and chicken. It was so good! The blades are really sharp so I’d be careful around this one!
#4: Bed Head Deep Waver for Beachy Waves
- This reminded me of a crimper from like way back in 6th grade. It makes beautiful beachy waves! My hair is medium length right now and it makes it look so wavy I love it. I can’t wait until it grows even longer, I’ll feel so tropical. I watched a Youtube video of someone using this on short hair too and it looks so pretty. If you look at the reviews, you can see how it looks on different hair styles. One of the best purchases for my hair lately.
#5: simplehuman Rectangular Step Trash Can
- My husband broke our trash can over the summer – I washed it and left it outside to dry and he ended up dropping it to the point where it broke and wasn’t usable anymore. We were thinking about just replacing a piece (the black can inside), but it was pointless to do since that wasn’t really cheap either. Also, it’s tough finding one that exactly fits yours when you don’t even know what trash can it is anymore! So we searched for months and decided to get this one. Best decision ever!! This trash can is great and it closes by itself slowly so it doesn’t slam on anything. They also gave us a sample of their trash bags that are like a true fit to our specific can and I think we’re going to purchase some more because they’re amazing. It’s so easy to pull the trash bag out whereas before it was a struggle. It’s also a good size for a not so big kitchen.
So that’s my list, have you tried any of these items?? Let me know in the comments! 🙂
Happy happy Friday! I’m only super happy because this has been like the longest week ever and I am just ready to not work for 2 days hahaha. I’m working from home (work from home Friday’s ofc) and just finished a great cup of coffee.
I gave Mirhad a great idea of making a coffee bar at our house. We found some inspiration from Pinterest and will be going today after work to buy the table we want and some other decorations. Can’t wait to see the outcome! I will document 🙂
Mirhad’s gma is coming over for coffee today, so before she comes we need to go buy her a present. We’re just going to have some coffee with her for a little bit and then whenever she wants to go back home we’ll take her. It’ll be fun since she hasn’t been over yet!
I’m just super excited to add something new to the house, it really has been coming along great. Just taking things one at a time.
I really want to start a Youtube channel, but I don’t know where to start lol. I don’t know if I want to start out with a makeup video or maybe the Dallas video I am making? This makes me want to work on my videos using a Mac desktop, it would be so much easier than my laptop, but Mirhad would kill me if we bought that hahahaha.
Mirhad has a haircut @ 1 so I want to go with him since the area he gets his hair cut in isn’t SUPER safe. I feel better if I’m there lol.
But yeah, I’ll try to update some more maybe tomorrow.
See ya! 🙂