Good morning and happy Monday you guys!
My trip to New Orleans is 24 days away and you know I always love to plan ahead with everything because it makes me feel more organized. So I thought I’d go ahead and think about what I’m packing for those 3 days especially since we decided to go to the beach!
I think I’m going to bring 4-5 outfits total to wear out in case I need to change or I’m not feeling it. So for those I will have to go shopping for, but this is how I am imagining it to be.
- two dresses (need to buy some pretty ones)
- pair of jeans
- 4 pairs of shirts, can be casual or fancy
- 4 pairs of shoes
- flip flops for the beach
- swimsuit (need to buy a new one from Target soon unless my old ones can fit)
- beach cover-up
- sunglasses (need to buy a nice pair because I just gave mine to my mom)
- possibly a cute sun hat
- my pjs (a shirt and shorts)
- an outfit to travel in for the car ride
I think that’s about all the clothes/accessories I should be bringing since we will just be gone for 3 days. I always overdo it, but I guess you can never have too many back up clothes right?!
Some of the other things I’ll probably pack in my purse or book bag is my Kindle for the car ride so I can read my book, my planner (maybe, not sure if I want to carry this around yet), chapstick, wallet, my camera + charger, phone charger, and my camera stick. Want to carry around a light book bag, so I’m either going to use one of my older ones or get myself another one! I have been eyeing this Coach one, but I’m not 100% sure if I want to buy it yet.
What are some essentials you guys pack on a short trip like this? Should I bring anything else?! Let me know in the comments 🙂
It’s officially the first day of spring!!! Just like for any season, you have to have a bucket list for this season too. Writing this list has made me so excited for spring, so here we go!
- Fly a kite
- Take pictures of the pretty trees + flowers blooming
- Have a nice picnic around the pretty colors
- Go on a random road trip or two
- Visit the farmers market
- Rollerblade lots and lots in the park
- Make a bird feeder (we have bird food, just never got around to making them a house)
- Take our niece and nephew to the park
- Plan out April and May in my planner
- Spend time outside as much as I can, soak up the warm sun
- Go to the Botanical Gardens
- Buy fresh flowers
- Make our front/back yard look nice
- Look for bunnies
- Have a BBQ at the park
- Take lots of photos of my husband and I outside
- Plan our California trip
- Plan our 2-3 summer trips
- Prank my husband for April Fool’s Day
- Keep the windows open at home as much as we can, let the fresh air flow in
- Set up our patio table and chairs
- Read on my Kindle outside
- Feed ducks
- Visit 2-3 zoo’s outside of our city
- Get an Banana split ice cream and eat it with my husband at the park
So far this is my list, I think if I remember anything else I’ll just add it. It’s not a super long list so I think I can accomplish it. You can tell I just want to spend a lot of time outside!
Have you guys created your spring bucket list yet?? Anything you think I should add to mine? Let me know in the comments!! 🙂
Good morning guys! 🙂
February has gone by so fast and I can’t believe that tomorrow is March 1st! I thought I’d take some time to reflect back on February and see if I accomplished anything I wanted to accomplish.
February felt like it went by quickly, but in the moment it was passing by so slow! I spent the beginning of the month attempting to get back into a diet of some sort and a workout routine. Well, I can say that I’ve got both of them down. Which is surprising because I feel like I’ve been trying to do that for the past three months. I think my whole mindset changed.. summer is only what, three months away? I need to get in shape and actually follow a healthy diet plan. My husband and I decided to get back on Keto so we could get that boost of weight loss and then after we have gotten to our goal weight, we will switch back to a normal diet. Keto for me is fine for a short-term weight loss option, but I don’t really like doing it for a long period of time. Plus, spring/summer is going to be here soon and I love fruit way too much to miss out on that! We have a nice market close to us here with the freshest of fruits and we always miss out because we’re on a diet. And since we have a trip coming up at the end of May and possibly end of April, I want to look and feel my best! So hopefully by our next trip I will be exactly where I want to be. I just wished I started earlier, but at least I started now!
I didn’t get to blog as much as I did this month, so that will be one of the things I will be focusing on next month. March is slightly busy for a couple days at work because we have some events going on, but aside from that it won’t be too bad. That will give me a lot of time to focus on myself and not be so stressed out.
Also hoping that March will be much warmer than February. I am SO tired of the cold and have never been more excited for Spring to arrive! This winter feels like the longest one we’ve had in forever and from what I remember, didn’t the ground hog say we’re going to have an early Spring?!?! Warmer weather makes me so much more productive and I’m so ready for those picnics in the park with my husband 🙂
Aside from all of that, I think it was a pretty good month. There were some long weeks, but I had fun. January and February always seem like they pass by the quickest and I always forget about what happened in those two months! It’s like it’s a blur after New Years until summer! Hoping for March to be filled with lots of happiness, fun, smiles, and time outside!
How do you guys feel like February was?! Did it pass by as quickly as it felt like for me? Do you have any cool plans for March? Let me know in the comments!! 🙂
Side note: Our trip is in 85 days!!!!! It seems so far away, but it’ll be here in no time! I need to make a countdown on here 🙂
Since Spring is right around the corner, I wanted to list some of my favorite things about Spring in no order whatsoever to get me excited for it!
- That Spring smell! All of those flowers blooming and that fresh air finally making a comeback after months of cold, crisp air
- Spending time outside – there is nothing better than knowing you can go outside and just enjoy the sun, even if you don’t have anything planned
- Picnics – I think they are the best in the Spring and Fall seasons because of all the beautiful colors
- Flowers blooming – of course can’t forget about all of those beautiful flowers coming out and making your house or the park colorful
- Road trips – this is possible anytime of the year pretty much, but when it’s nicer outside it’s much easier to take a fun weekend trip
- Better mood – nice weather brings more positivity! People are much happier when it’s Spring
- Daylight Savings goes away – the day is longer and you don’t feel like you have to take a nap when it hits 4-5pm
- The market – all fruits and veggies are out and super fresh! I always get excited for the new season to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies
- You can open your windows – in the house or even in your car and it feels SO good!
- Trees – the trees start getting their green colors back and your neighborhood doesn’t look like a ghost town
What are some of your favorite things about Spring? 🙂
Two weekends ago, we took a family trip to Gatlinburg pretty much up in the Great Smoky Mountains. It’s winter so obviously there isn’t greenery everywhere, but we were lucky to see some! And we also got to see snow very high up in the mountains.
The trip started on Friday when we left at 5am. I wasn’t even tired when I was getting up that morning, I was too excited for this trip even though I knew we had a long 7 hours ahead of us. We spent those 7 hours talking about random stuff and looking at the things we were driving past. My dad had some cool stories for us if we drove past something he remembered when he used to be a truck driver. The hours flew by and by the time we knew it, we were already approaching Gatlinburg. I forgot that this place was high up in the mountains and I got a little scared because my dad was driving – he’s not a bad driver, I just only trust myself when it comes to driving up in high elevations.
It took about 45 minutes to drive up to our cabin and when we finally got there, we couldn’t believe the views! It was a bunch of cabins built by each other, but far enough in between each other where you had your own privacy, so it was perfect. We found our cabin and as soon as we parked, I walked over to look at the views. There was some snow at the top so I was taking a bunch of pictures and everyone wanted pictures with that in the background. We had a little photoshoot and then started bringing our stuff inside.
The place was beautiful, so nicely decorated. I felt like a little kid running around saying “wow” to all of the stuff in there. I was super excited about the pool table and the jacuzzi because I already knew we’d be spending a lot of time with both of those. I took out my camera and started recording everything and everyones reactions. I think the first thing we did after unpacking was chilling in the jacuzzi and drinking some wine. It was so relaxing! It was a little chilly outside, nothing too cold, but perfect for the temperature of the jacuzzi. The views were great and the wine was great. My dad had a cold and was on medication and he couldn’t drink wine so we had to get him sparkling juice without alcohol. That was the funniest part since he is a huge wine fan! He still enjoyed it though.
We spent the next day exploring and driving around to see what cool stuff we could find. We went to a wine store and bought some really good wine and drove into this park that had a pretty river. We spent our nights playing pool and being competitive in UNO. UNO was so much fun and it was hilarious to see my parents play it as well. My sister was the sassiest one there, so we had to watch out for her! On our way back home, we stopped in Nashville to try some BBQ. It was good, but Texas BBQ still has my heart!
This was a great trip where lots of memories were made and lots of fun was had. Anytime with my family is a great time!!
Here are some pictures 🙂
2018 was filled with lots of love, happiness, and craziness. So many memories and fun things we did so I want to take a moment and look back on every month and write down something I did! And these might be some little things, but they’re good memories to look back on because I have a hard time remembering stuff! ❤
- I rang in the new year as an engaged lady
- We closed on our new home
- Officially started buying renovation supplies for the house
- Started my last semester of college
- Tore down a wall in our house (for the first time) and it was super fun
- Made a famous soup recipe from The Spaghetti Factory and it was 🔥
- Started officially taking my blog seriously and committing time to it (I started in December of 2017, but just created one)
- Got my bridal shower invitations made, printed out, and sent out to people
- Bought a really cute pink purse combo (huge step because I only buy black purses so having a different color was new to me)
- Saw Aleksandra Prijovic live in concert
- Struggled with my finance classes (lol)
- Booked my last appointment to take my braces off
- Took my niece and nephew to Sky Zone and went to eat after – my nephew drank soda and was so hyper
- Completed the tiles in the bathroom
- Talked about our wedding and looked for wedding venues
- Moved the gym from his parents basement into our garage
- Took our niece to the movies to watch Peter Rabbit (such a good movie)
- Painted our house
- Put a new tub, toilet, and sink in our bathrooms
- Someone stole our AC system outside at our new house (assholes)
- Father in law got the kids new bunnies (we made sure to not attach ourselves to them otherwise we would take them home lol)
- Added the flooring into our house
- Got my braces off!!!!!
- My dad left his power tool in one of the houses he sold so he was sad until they let him get it back lol
- Went to Chicago with Ado and Nejla for a weekend (end of March, beginning of April)
- They took us to a place called Steak 52 I think and it was super expensive but such a cool experience
- Got drunk from a fish bowl at Sugar Factory
- Visited the Nutella Factory in Chicago for the first time
- Had a mimosa for brunch for the first time
- Tore all the walls off in the basement
- Made bosnian bread for the first time in a long time and it was delicious
- Mirhad fell down the stairs in his basement and now has a huge scar on leg (lmao)
- Started looking at furniture for our house
- Had Husko’s chili for the first time (the best)
- Made my party favors for the bridal shower and other decorations
- Passed my second kidney stone – worst pain ever
- Looked for my graduation outfit
- Got my makeup done by my bff for my bridal shower
- Had my bridal shower!!
- Elma bought a snapchat geo filter made just for my shower ❤
- Opened up gifts at home with the families instead of at the shower, it was more fun this way and my nephew had a blast trying to open all of the gifts before me
- Put in our kitchen cabinets
- Sanela’s fam bought us a TV
- We picked the granite top for the kitchen
- Dad installed a new door, but had to knocked down some of the wall to do it
- Furnished our living room
- Bought a bed set
- Planted my first flowers 🌷
- Searched for my Mosque wedding dress
- Entered my last month of college
- Had my graduation party (earlier bc we wanted to also celebrate my dads and sister birthdays)
- Mirhad went to Boston for a couple of days
- Went bike riding in Forest Park
- Granite top was added to our kitchen
- Ordered a graduation cap topper from Etsy and got it in the mail right before graduation
- Got our kitchen completed including the appliances
- Graduated college!!!
- Got married a couple days later ❤
- Mirhad walked the stage at his graduation, but actually just now graduated a couple days ago
- My niece graduated pre-school, had a mini graduation
- Went to Colorado with Mirhad, Ermin, Sanela, and Anel and had lots of fun
- Mirhad had his eye surgery
- We bought a puppy!
- My sister went to a college prep camp for 2 weeks
- We got a dining room set finally
- Mirhad and Omer killed a wasps nest by our door
- Celebrated our first Bajram as a married couple
- Mirhad drove 4 hours to pick up our puppy
- Had lots of fun, snuggles, and struggles with our pup and ended up having to give him away 2 weeks later
- I started my new job
- Went to a family picnic in St. James and fished
- Mirhad was trimming the bushes in front of our house and accidentally trimmed the extension cord as well
- Celebrated 4th of July in the park we’ve been going to for 3 years now
- Went canoeing in Forest Park
- Celebrated my birthday and went home earlier from work
- Went to Dallas, TX for my birthday weekend
- Tried Texas BBQ for the first time
- Went swimming on a rooftop pool
- Sat in a Tesla for the first time
- Made my fall wreath
- Went to a Card’s game
- Made a coffee bar
- Surprised my nephew with a birthday cupcake and a mini trampoline
- Attended one of my best friends brothers wedding
- Chilled on a hammock with Mirhad and ate fruit
- Ate a spongebob ice cream
- Attended another friends wedding
- Went on our trip to Seattle, San Fran, Yosemite, and Vegas
- Celebrated Mirhad’s birthday in the West Coast
- Decorated pumpkins and put them in front of the house
- Got a patio set
- Took some photos in a pumpkin patch
- Tried a pumpkin spiced latte for the first time ever
- Watched our friends get engaged
- Surprised Zana with a baby shower
- Searched for fall leaves in every park and took lots of pics
- Had a picnic in Forest Park
- Put up my Christmas tree
- Had our first sleepover with my niece and nephew
- Dyed my hair dark brown
- Heard a car crash into the river by our house (scary)
- Parked our car in the garage for the first time (after it was all cleaned out)
- First snow at this house
- Had Friendsgiving at our friends house
- Got this super cute purse from my hubs
- Celebrated my nieces 6th birthday
- Got to meet baby Adnan
- Got Mirhad Airpods for his New Years present
- 2 of my bff’s graduated college
- Went to Chicago for a weekend to see the lights
- Finished wrapping all presents and put them under the tree
And now as this year is about to wrap up, I wish everyone a very happy and safe New Years! Hoping for lots of happiness, love, and adventures in 2019! ❤
Thursday night we were just chilling watching New Girl (the usual) when I get an email on my phone from Mirhad. I was super confused and I see at the top it says, “Get ready for your trip coming up on…” and it cut off. So I open up the email and he booked a night for us to go to Chicago on Saturday!!! I was surprised and he had the biggest smile on his face after I opened it. I worked on Friday and we packed Saturday morning before we left, it was super quick since we only needed like one outfit and our PJ’s. We got there around 12pm and started exploring right away. He said he wanted to take me to Chicago to look at Christmas lights and go ice-skating (which I’ve been saying I wanted to do all Winter long) so it was so sweet of him to surprise me like that! We didn’t get to go ice-skating because the line was 2+ hours long, so we said another time. We still had fun though and I got to cross something off of my winter bucket list!
I have some awesome pictures I took, but also some cute pictures he took of me 🙂
Overall, Chicago was cold, but not as cold as I expected it to be. Like you could still go outside as long as you’re bundled up, kind of like STL too. Pics below!