It’s officially the first day of spring!!! Just like for any season, you have to have a bucket list for this season too. Writing this list has made me so excited for spring, so here we go!
- Fly a kite
- Take pictures of the pretty trees + flowers blooming
- Have a nice picnic around the pretty colors
- Go on a random road trip or two
- Visit the farmers market
- Rollerblade lots and lots in the park
- Make a bird feeder (we have bird food, just never got around to making them a house)
- Take our niece and nephew to the park
- Plan out April and May in my planner
- Spend time outside as much as I can, soak up the warm sun
- Go to the Botanical Gardens
- Buy fresh flowers
- Make our front/back yard look nice
- Look for bunnies
- Have a BBQ at the park
- Take lots of photos of my husband and I outside
- Plan our California trip
- Plan our 2-3 summer trips
- Prank my husband for April Fool’s Day
- Keep the windows open at home as much as we can, let the fresh air flow in
- Set up our patio table and chairs
- Read on my Kindle outside
- Feed ducks
- Visit 2-3 zoo’s outside of our city
- Get an Banana split ice cream and eat it with my husband at the park
So far this is my list, I think if I remember anything else I’ll just add it. It’s not a super long list so I think I can accomplish it. You can tell I just want to spend a lot of time outside!
Have you guys created your spring bucket list yet?? Anything you think I should add to mine? Let me know in the comments!! 🙂
Since Spring is right around the corner, I wanted to list some of my favorite things about Spring in no order whatsoever to get me excited for it!
- That Spring smell! All of those flowers blooming and that fresh air finally making a comeback after months of cold, crisp air
- Spending time outside – there is nothing better than knowing you can go outside and just enjoy the sun, even if you don’t have anything planned
- Picnics – I think they are the best in the Spring and Fall seasons because of all the beautiful colors
- Flowers blooming – of course can’t forget about all of those beautiful flowers coming out and making your house or the park colorful
- Road trips – this is possible anytime of the year pretty much, but when it’s nicer outside it’s much easier to take a fun weekend trip
- Better mood – nice weather brings more positivity! People are much happier when it’s Spring
- Daylight Savings goes away – the day is longer and you don’t feel like you have to take a nap when it hits 4-5pm
- The market – all fruits and veggies are out and super fresh! I always get excited for the new season to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies
- You can open your windows – in the house or even in your car and it feels SO good!
- Trees – the trees start getting their green colors back and your neighborhood doesn’t look like a ghost town
What are some of your favorite things about Spring? 🙂
First off, Happy Valentine’s Day! ❤️
This is one of the first Valentine’s Day that we have actually done something! I mean that in a way as, we never took it seriously. Yes, we would eat chocolate together and all of that good stuff, but we never took the time to actually celebrate and do something special. We thought since we’re married, we might as well celebrate and make it fun! I had to work yesterday, but when I came home I set everything up for this little surprise I was planning. It wasn’t anything really over the top, I just wanted to spend it at home with my husband, relaxing.
I had a vision in my mind, but I needed the supplies! A couple days ago when we went to Trader Joe’s, I grabbed some blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cupcakes, and macaroons. Originally, I wanted to just melt some chocolate in a bowl and have us dip the strawberries in there. But as I was cutting up the strawberries, I changed my mind. I thought all of the fruit was sweet enough and we had the macaroons, plus the cupcakes! I had a bottle of Sparkling Moscato so I set that up with two wine glasses on this tray. This whole thing was set up on the floor in the living room. I found these LED candles that I bought a while ago and knew exactly where I wanted to place them. I started putting them on the table under the TV and lit a really good smelling candle. I also added my tulips in the middle. It looked so pretty! I had these lanterns filled with lights so I put that out too on the floor next to the table. Next, I put a red blanket on the floor with some pillows and started setting up the food.
Once that was all done, I turned all the candles on and found a Spotify playlist, it was literally called “Valentine’s Day Tunes” or something like that. But it was perfect. I told Mirhad he can’t look until I’m done. So finally, it looked perfect. I started playing the romantic music and I called him out and made him close his eyes until he was standing in front of it all. He LOVED it! He just kept saying how it looks so nice and how this is so sweet! We sat down and started eating (of course) and just enjoyed each others company.
After we were finished eating, we started watching the Ted Bundy series which was super good (he’s so messed up) and we finished within a day! I recommend if you haven’t watched it already. Now I think all we will be doing this weekend is watching crime shows 😂
So yeah, that was our Valentine’s Day! Very chill and relaxing. I have some pictures of the thing I set up, with a video! 🙂
Yesterday we went to get carry-on suitcases from Marshall’s and I ended up buying a really cute mug that says “Hello Fall” on it. It’s actually really big, I selected more coffee on the Keurig and it only got to halfway 😂 I also noticed this is the same mug my favorite Youtuber Casey Holmes bought the other day too!!! So I thought that was cool!
So currently I am finishing up that cup of coffee. I feel good, I feel great. Woke up at 7:50 this morning and logged into work and I am now balancing my work stuff with blogging. The other day I bought Anastasia dip brow, I usually never do my eyebrows unless someone else does it for me for an event, but I’ve decided to learn myself so that I can fill mine in a little better. Maybe it’ll complete my makeup look, hopefully I don’t look scary lol.
Today, Mirhad has to catch up on homework or I should say use this time to get ahead. He has an exam on Monday and then like 2 papers due after that and one of them is due on the 26th when we are in Seattle, so he’s going to have to finish that before. His teacher changed it last minute of course, but we aren’t cancelling our trip for that hahaha.
We have a wedding to go to this weekend, but aside from that I’m going to be using this weekend to plan my outfits for the trip and plan pretty much everything so I am not doing it last minute like my trip to Dallas where I packed my clothes when I came from work 😂 We also need to deep clean the house this weekend so we don’t have to do that right before we leave.
I was thinking about doing some yard work today, maybe cleaning out the weeds from my flowers up front and getting rid of any flowers that died. I am so bad at watering my flowers lol, but I swear I’ll get better especially now that it’s not scorching hot outside!
I need to book a nail appointment for next week, I am thinking about either doing black gel nails or a nude color. I am really feeling the black nails since it’s fall and it won’t get bad during my trip. About to get on Pinterest and just look for some more ideas!
I think that’s it for now, see ya! 🙂
Spring is one of the best times, that cold weather finally going away, the grass getting greener, and that beautiful time where day-light savings comes around and our days seem longer.
I love so many things about Spring, but here are my favorites:
- The new flowers blooming
- That damp/humid weather after a little bit of rainfall
- The world seems so much more colorful as we leave behind the dark winter days
- Summer is just around the corner
- The feeling of wearing a light jacket instead of that heavy winter jacket
- Colorful wardrobe
- That spring smell
- Getting to spend more time outside
- Feeling more positive
- Spring break
- Getting to plant flowers/vegetables
- Getting to wear cute gladiators and sandals
- Better mood
- All new seasons of shows come out
And soon right after Spring.. comes summer ☀️