Good morning and happy Monday you guys!
My trip to New Orleans is 24 days away and you know I always love to plan ahead with everything because it makes me feel more organized. So I thought I’d go ahead and think about what I’m packing for those 3 days especially since we decided to go to the beach!
I think I’m going to bring 4-5 outfits total to wear out in case I need to change or I’m not feeling it. So for those I will have to go shopping for, but this is how I am imagining it to be.
- two dresses (need to buy some pretty ones)
- pair of jeans
- 4 pairs of shirts, can be casual or fancy
- 4 pairs of shoes
- flip flops for the beach
- swimsuit (need to buy a new one from Target soon unless my old ones can fit)
- beach cover-up
- sunglasses (need to buy a nice pair because I just gave mine to my mom)
- possibly a cute sun hat
- my pjs (a shirt and shorts)
- an outfit to travel in for the car ride
I think that’s about all the clothes/accessories I should be bringing since we will just be gone for 3 days. I always overdo it, but I guess you can never have too many back up clothes right?!
Some of the other things I’ll probably pack in my purse or book bag is my Kindle for the car ride so I can read my book, my planner (maybe, not sure if I want to carry this around yet), chapstick, wallet, my camera + charger, phone charger, and my camera stick. Want to carry around a light book bag, so I’m either going to use one of my older ones or get myself another one! I have been eyeing this Coach one, but I’m not 100% sure if I want to buy it yet.
What are some essentials you guys pack on a short trip like this? Should I bring anything else?! Let me know in the comments 🙂
First off, Happy Valentine’s Day! ❤️
This is one of the first Valentine’s Day that we have actually done something! I mean that in a way as, we never took it seriously. Yes, we would eat chocolate together and all of that good stuff, but we never took the time to actually celebrate and do something special. We thought since we’re married, we might as well celebrate and make it fun! I had to work yesterday, but when I came home I set everything up for this little surprise I was planning. It wasn’t anything really over the top, I just wanted to spend it at home with my husband, relaxing.
I had a vision in my mind, but I needed the supplies! A couple days ago when we went to Trader Joe’s, I grabbed some blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cupcakes, and macaroons. Originally, I wanted to just melt some chocolate in a bowl and have us dip the strawberries in there. But as I was cutting up the strawberries, I changed my mind. I thought all of the fruit was sweet enough and we had the macaroons, plus the cupcakes! I had a bottle of Sparkling Moscato so I set that up with two wine glasses on this tray. This whole thing was set up on the floor in the living room. I found these LED candles that I bought a while ago and knew exactly where I wanted to place them. I started putting them on the table under the TV and lit a really good smelling candle. I also added my tulips in the middle. It looked so pretty! I had these lanterns filled with lights so I put that out too on the floor next to the table. Next, I put a red blanket on the floor with some pillows and started setting up the food.
Once that was all done, I turned all the candles on and found a Spotify playlist, it was literally called “Valentine’s Day Tunes” or something like that. But it was perfect. I told Mirhad he can’t look until I’m done. So finally, it looked perfect. I started playing the romantic music and I called him out and made him close his eyes until he was standing in front of it all. He LOVED it! He just kept saying how it looks so nice and how this is so sweet! We sat down and started eating (of course) and just enjoyed each others company.
After we were finished eating, we started watching the Ted Bundy series which was super good (he’s so messed up) and we finished within a day! I recommend if you haven’t watched it already. Now I think all we will be doing this weekend is watching crime shows 😂
So yeah, that was our Valentine’s Day! Very chill and relaxing. I have some pictures of the thing I set up, with a video! 🙂
Finally getting started on my travel post! So I wanted to make a post for every city we visited because putting everything into one post would be wayyyy too much. This one will be all about the start.
I went to work that day (it was a Tuesday) and came home as soon as I was done with one of my last meetings before 11:30. I left as soon as I was done and started getting ready. I still needed to shower and pack a few more things like my camera battery that was charging overnight. We had to leave to get to the airport by 12:50-1 and we left around 12:15 (lol what’s new tho). So we finally got to the airport, had no trouble with TSA and that’s when our trip started. I recorded some things – I would post on here, but I don’t think I can. I will make a whole video and post the link later tho 🙂
So the next couple of things will just be some pictures I took during the time we were waiting for our flight and when we got to Dallas waiting for our flight to Seattle.
The first three photos are waiting at our airport and finally getting to our seats. Then flying and landing in Dallas. We tried some sourdough grilled cheese and we came to the conclusion that we both don’t like sourdough so we didn’t finish the sandwich lol. It was very cheesy though and looked soooo good. Then you can see that we got back onto the plane heading towards Seattle. The sky was so beautiful before it got dark, wish I could go back to this moment and watch again 🙂
So I was already saying our trip has begun when we arrived to the airport, but of course it really began when we landed in Seattle. Next post will be a BUNCH of pictures so get ready! 🙂
So I have been trying out some new stuff recently and I have actually been liking everything. From skincare to haircare products, here’s my list:
- Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer – my skin has been going through this dry phase for some reason and I ran out of my other moisturizer (which was also from Clinique) so I decided to go even further and try the moisture surge. So far, I LOVE this for my face. It really makes it soft, glowey, and hydrates it. I deff think this is my new go to face moisturizing product!
- Nivea Soft – I really love this for my body. I usually put it on after I get out of the shower, but you can even use it when your legs or arms are feeling dry. It has a nice scent to it and it’s not greasy at all.
- Thayers Witch Hazel – I tried the smaller version of this since I wasn’t sure if I’d like it, but it’s so nice on my skin. I like to use it in the morning and before I go to bed and so far I am loving it better than my old witch hazel toner.
- Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser – So I only got this because it was $7 the other day at Ulta with their 21 days of Beauty sale. It’s been over a week since I have been using it and what this is supposed to do is not get rid of any acne you have prior to using this, but to prevent any future acne from occuring. I haven’t had any breakouts ever since I started using this so I’m not 100% sure it’s from this product, but I usually do get acne now and then so just knowing my face is looking so much better gives me faith in this product. Originally it is $15, so it’s a little pricey, but none of their products have ever disappointed.
- Up&Up Makeup Remover Wipes – Usually I use some makeup remover wipes from like Neutrogena and it burns my eyes when removing makeup. I finally found the perfect makeup wipes that don’t burn my eyes when using!!!! They are super gentle and soft to the skin so it causes no irritation whatsoever. I will keep purchasing these for sure!
Garnier Fructis Hair Mask – First time trying this product and so far it makes my hair smell good and it also makes it soft. They say you can use this hair mask as a conditioner, leave-in treatment or hair mask depending on what you need. It makes you hair less frizzy and more manageable. Loving it so far and will keep using it!
Garnier® Fructis® Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream – I’ve used this in the past and forgot about how much I liked it. I mix this with the oil I am going to talk about next and it just makes my hair super soft.
Garnier® Fructis® Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment – Used this in the past also by combining it with the leave in conditioner above. It always worked good for me, made my hair smell amazing and made it super soft as well!
Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Detangler – Used this up already, got it maybe 2-3 months ago and I LOVED it! My hair always gets tangled easily after I get out of the shower and this helped so much. It also smells amazing!
So these are the products I’ve been loving lately, I might do cleaning products next time – I’ve been trying to get into the “organic” cleaning products.