I was reading a post from LA which was about checking in on her winter bucket list. I thought this was such great idea to go back to your winter bucket list and see if you accomplished anything on there. Plus, winter is basically over and I have already started on my spring bucket list so there’s no better time to do this than now!
- Drink hot chocolate and watch a movie in my pj’s w/ my husband yes, did this a lot of times.. maybe just once with hot chocolate though
- Bake cookies and decorate them (sprinkles, frosting, etc) did bake cookies, just didn’t do the decorating part like I wanted to
- Go see Christmas lights at least 3x yes! Saw many Christmas lights
- Buy presents for family, wrap them, and put them under the tree yes! Had a post about this too, hours and hours of wrapping, but worth it
- Go ice-skating we went at least 2x
- Visit Chicago and see the lights + ice skate we did end up going to Chicago and we did get to see all the lights, but the line to ice skate was like 2+ hours and we weren’t going to wait that long so maybe next year
- Plan an upcoming vacation yes, planned our Gatlinburg, TN trip
- Watch as many movies as I can during my free time YES! Watched sooooo many movies it was ridiculous. I think 2018 was the year I became a movie lover
- Write my 2019 goals yes + got a planner and updated it to the max
- Decorate a gingerbread house with husband no, didn’t end up doing this sadly
- Scrapbook was able to sit down and do it once, but I needed more supplies so until next time
- Read yes! I actually got to read a lot this winter and I’m super proud of myself because I used to NEVER read books
I’d say I got most of this list done, the couple things I didn’t get to do was probably because we decided not to do it! Before I found my list, I really thought I wasn’t going to end up checking any of these off because usually I write a super long list and end up doing like 2 things only. I’m surprised, but it was a fun winter so it makes sense! 🙂
Thanks LA for the great idea! Everyone should check her page out, she’s awesome!
One of my goals this year is to really get into fashion and to try out new styles. Since Spring is just around the corner, I’m already thinking about what kind of outfits I want to buy and wear. I’ve gotten some inspiration from Pinterest and want to organize it! I am thinking of outfits I could wear to work and also on vacations or just casually if I go somewhere. I rarely wear colors and am planning on incorporating them into my outfits.
So I decided the best thing to do is make a new board on Pinterest and have everything I like in there. I’ve been using boards a lot lately and it really organizes everything nicely.
Here’s the link to my board: Spring Style 2019
The problem with our city is that Spring can turn into summer weather real quick so sometimes it just depends on what you can wear. It’s usually cold in the office, so I will most likely be wearing cardigans/jeans from Spring into Summer. But there are a lot of cute outfits I’ve found and I cannot wait to use these as inspiration! I will continue adding more stuff into this board as I find more outfits, so keep an eye out!
Does anyone else use Pinterest to organize their ideas? What do you do for outfit inspiration? Let me know below, would love to try some new things out as well! 🙂
Since Spring is right around the corner, I wanted to list some of my favorite things about Spring in no order whatsoever to get me excited for it!
- That Spring smell! All of those flowers blooming and that fresh air finally making a comeback after months of cold, crisp air
- Spending time outside – there is nothing better than knowing you can go outside and just enjoy the sun, even if you don’t have anything planned
- Picnics – I think they are the best in the Spring and Fall seasons because of all the beautiful colors
- Flowers blooming – of course can’t forget about all of those beautiful flowers coming out and making your house or the park colorful
- Road trips – this is possible anytime of the year pretty much, but when it’s nicer outside it’s much easier to take a fun weekend trip
- Better mood – nice weather brings more positivity! People are much happier when it’s Spring
- Daylight Savings goes away – the day is longer and you don’t feel like you have to take a nap when it hits 4-5pm
- The market – all fruits and veggies are out and super fresh! I always get excited for the new season to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies
- You can open your windows – in the house or even in your car and it feels SO good!
- Trees – the trees start getting their green colors back and your neighborhood doesn’t look like a ghost town
What are some of your favorite things about Spring? 🙂
Spring is one of the best times, that cold weather finally going away, the grass getting greener, and that beautiful time where day-light savings comes around and our days seem longer.
I love so many things about Spring, but here are my favorites:
- The new flowers blooming
- That damp/humid weather after a little bit of rainfall
- The world seems so much more colorful as we leave behind the dark winter days
- Summer is just around the corner
- The feeling of wearing a light jacket instead of that heavy winter jacket
- Colorful wardrobe
- That spring smell
- Getting to spend more time outside
- Feeling more positive
- Spring break
- Getting to plant flowers/vegetables
- Getting to wear cute gladiators and sandals
- Better mood
- All new seasons of shows come out
And soon right after Spring.. comes summer ☀️
Was having a really nice morning, but that managed to go to shit in about 30 minutes, so that’s nice. Have a lot of stuff to do today and I am freaking out. I don’t even want to talk about my midterm today, one lesson learned: never fall behind on notes and material, always be up-to-date and learn the stuff. Don’t wait like I did.
Trying to drink more water everyday so my skin can get better. The goal is to drink 1 water bottle every 2-3 hours??? I just researched it and apparently drinking 1 bottle every hour is too much, but what do I know? 🤷🏽♀️
Went to Walmart yesterday and got a variety of different teas. I got this hibiscus one, some stress-relief tea, and one for your throat (bc my dads sick so I thought this would help + it’s useful to have in the house). Stress-relief one tasted good last night, I feel like I am pretty stressed out right now, it sucks. Drinking the hibiscus one now and this is just like the passion fruit tea from Starbucks. I usually get it iced, but this tastes good hot, too! Eating some strawberries too, they are actually sweet and I’m surprised because I haven’t had sweet ones in forever. A lot of the time over the summer they were sour, but it’s the middle of winter why are they so good?!??!?!?? Shoutout to Sam’s Club 😀 ❤
Have to do my investments discussion before I go to class today and when I come back from my exam, I need to do my investments midterm online. Kind of worried about how that one will be, hopefully it’s mostly multiple choice.
It’s supposed to be 47 degrees today, much warmer than the past week and tomorrow it’s supposed to be 57 degrees!!!!!! Hell yes! Going to go running tomorrow for sure, need some fresh air and warm weather. This type of weather makes me excited about planting flowers and gardening, Spring can’t come fast enough!!
Colorado mountains in Spring time. ❤ Mountains today because it’s my motivation for the future. I will one day live in close proximity to these beauties. I can and I will. Also the flowers in this picture remind me of when I drove to Colorado over the summer in August with Mirhad and there were daisies all besides the highway all up to Denver 🙂 ❤ Miss it, maybe another trip soon? ❤ ❤