Spring is coming which means it’s almost that time for spring cleaning! Since it’ll be the first time we’ve been in our new home when it’s spring, I feel like I need to make the ultimate cleaning list. There is sooooo much to do and I really love opening up the windows when it’s nice outside and just enjoying the breeze. It makes cleaning THAT much better. Making this list will also make my life easier because I don’t have to sit down in a couple of weeks and think about it, it’ll just be here! FYI, long list ahead! 🙂
- clean all of the windows including the little area between the net and the window
- take down my curtains and washing them so they smell fresh
- put away anything left from the winter and bringing out any spring stuff
- deep clean the bathrooms (sink, toilets, showers, floors)
- re-organize the pantry
- dust off surfaces in the whole house
- re-organize shoe closet
- move all furniture and clean underneath it
- wipe down all floor moldings
- wipe down dust from picture frames + mirrors
- vacuum and Swiffer the floors including all corners and edges
- organize office closets
- re-arrange the den
- vacuum the basement + laundry room
- wash bed covers/pillow cases/pillows from bedroom + guest bedroom
- freshen up and re-arrange guest bedroom
- re-organize closet that has all my house stuff
- wipe down ceiling fans
- clean any shoes that got dirty from winter
- wipe down the basement stairs + basement hallway
- wash the doors from scuff marks
- dust the office bookcase
- freshen up living room furniture and wash the pillows from the couch
- clean the tiles in the shower
- replace any light bulbs that are missing in the rooms
- change air filter
- clean the microwave + dishwasher + oven
- re-organize plastic containers, buy new ones if needed
- clean + organize kitchen drawers
- clean out cabinets + re-organize
- clean coffee machine + coffee bar area.. re-organize coffee mugs (maybe buy the shelf I’ve been wanting above it)
- clean under the sink
- clean dining room table (wipe down any dust from chairs)
- clean out bathroom shelves
- put in new bathroom floor matts after cleaning the bathroom floors
- re-organize makeup table, throw out any old, expired items
- add shelves to the laundry room and set it up
- get rid of any clutter like old food and things we don’t want
- put away winter clothes and bring out spring clothes (wash them) + re-organize closet
- organize office desk and throw out any unnecessary things
Now, the outside is a whole different story. There is so much to do and since it’s been a long winter, there is a lot of fallen branches and stuff we need to clean up.
- clean off driveway with water hose
- do any paint touch ups around the door and front steps etc.,
- clean the grill
- clean out garage so I can park the car
- throw out any clutter from the garage, sell it if possible
- clean out gutters
- replace broken awning
- put new lightbulbs in areas where the lights went out
- trim trees/bushes
- cut down trees if needed since they are very dry and can fall
- get rid of any bugs outside the house (plus add bug spray) and clean out rock area by front door
- wash my car (this is sooooo needed)
I think that’s everything.. wow that’s A LOT! But it needs to get done, so I’m going to take my time and break it out into sessions throughout the weekends! Especially since it’s not 100% warm outside yet and the weather is unpredictable, we can’t really do all the outside stuff, but I can do some of the inside cleaning! I’m excited though, spring cleaning can be fun if you make it fun! 🙂
Does anyone else use a spring cleaning list to help you remember what you need to do? Lists in general are super helpful for me, so this will be a HUGE plus. Anything I missed that you recommend needs to be done for spring?? Let me know in the comments 🙂
Good morning guys!
It’s been a while and that’s because I decided to just take a mental break from all social media. I think it’s super important to step back and take a couple days to yourself by staying off the internet. There’s so many benefits to this, but I think the best benefit is getting to spend time with whoever you want without worrying about whether you’re missing out on something online. Because in reality, you aren’t. Nothing should be more important than being/living in the moment.
I went online briefly to make my Women’s Day post, but for the rest of the break I spent a lot of time with my husband. I also caught up on Game of Thrones (I’m late I know) and we went rollerskating a lot! The weather has been good, not consistently, but good enough for us to get outside. We just got our skates recently so we’re still learning, but it feels great to pick up some speed and just exercise. Saturday was one of the best days weather wise. It was about 65 degrees and it rained in the morning, but by 1-2pm it was warm and sunny. Didn’t rain the rest of the day, so we took it to our advantage and went skating for an hour at the park in the afternoon. We went on an actual trail, we’ve been practicing on a parking lot the first couple of times. Saturday felt like spring and I don’t think my soul has been that happy in such a long time. It’s been a LONG winter, guys.
Another plus to a social media break is that you get a lot more free time. Instead of being on my phone or computer for a couple hours, I was able to do other things like some chores I’m behind on or things I’ve been wanting to do but never have had time for. It also gave me more time to sit down and read. I always choose between browsing through Reddit or reading a book on my Kindle right before I go to bed. I usually end up browsing Reddit and the last couple of days I’ve been reading instead. It’s a good decision to make!
Anyways, moral of the story is that mental breaks are much needed and everyone should take them as often as they can and as often as they’d like. Everything will be there right when you get back and you won’t miss out on much!
Does anyone else do this? I try to do it every once in a while, but I think I’ll be doing it way more often.
Hello & good morning!
Having a nice cup of coffee and writing out my plans and goals for the weekend. I write my goals for the week in a notebook every Sunday or Monday and sometimes I forget to write stuff I want to do for the weekend. So this will be helpful!
Goals and things I have to do:
- Set up patio set and lights – this has been something we have been working on for about 2 weeks now, it’s just a lot of work cleaning out our backyard, but we should be able to set it up today if not tomorrow
- Clean my car and truck – have been meaning to clean the inside for a week now, but I have been waiting for Mirhad to go dump the stuff we threw in the back of the truck from the garage so it’s all clear so I can clean it easier
- Clean stuff from alley way – I don’t think anyone is going to come by from the city to clean it (THANKS A LOT) even though it’s their property, how annoying. So I think we will either clean the stuff closest to us or not do anything and put up a fence lol
- Vlog – I haven’t vlogged in so long 😦 so I want to do that this weekend
- Read – I’ve been meaning to sit down and read, but this week was a blur lol
- Meditate at least 1x this weekend – my goal has been to do it 3x this week with Mirhad, but we both haven’t had time
- Find a box to keep my old bills in – it’s just nice to have it organized and if I ever need to pull one out, I know where to find it
- Grab the bonfire from my moms house – this could’ve easily been done like 100 times this week, but we’re so lazy -.- so that definitely needs to happen this weekend because we want to do bonfires!!!
- Wash more winter clothes – so I’ve taken all my winter stuff out and washed at least half, the other half needs to be done and Mirhad’s winter stuff too!
- Organize our closet – clean it out and put away all summer stuff and put in all winter stuff woohoo!
So it’s a pretty long list, but nothing on there takes more than a day to do. The closet and washing clothes will probably be the lengthiest, but it’s gotta get done!
- I am working until 3ish and then I will do some chores around the house
- Going to make a healthy lunch
- Possibly have my niece and nephew sleep over tonight
- Mirhad will hopefully start putting up the lights in the yard
- Start organizing the closet
- Have to go over to my sister in laws around 10am to help her with something – guess I can’t really say it on here until I post pics so until then hahaha
- Going to my best friends parents house around 5ish, will chill there for a bit and then head home, not sure what we’ll do after… maybe a bonfire?!?!!? 😀
- Maybe I can get Mirhad to wash some laundry this day
- Hopefully by this time, I’ll have all my chores done so I can CHILL on a Sunday for once
- Planning to just light a candle, watch a movie, and chill
- Will probably wash more laundry on this day
So that’s pretty much my weekend, not too much going on!