It’s officially the first day of spring!!! Just like for any season, you have to have a bucket list for this season too. Writing this list has made me so excited for spring, so here we go!
- Fly a kite
- Take pictures of the pretty trees + flowers blooming
- Have a nice picnic around the pretty colors
- Go on a random road trip or two
- Visit the farmers market
- Rollerblade lots and lots in the park
- Make a bird feeder (we have bird food, just never got around to making them a house)
- Take our niece and nephew to the park
- Plan out April and May in my planner
- Spend time outside as much as I can, soak up the warm sun
- Go to the Botanical Gardens
- Buy fresh flowers
- Make our front/back yard look nice
- Look for bunnies
- Have a BBQ at the park
- Take lots of photos of my husband and I outside
- Plan our California trip
- Plan our 2-3 summer trips
- Prank my husband for April Fool’s Day
- Keep the windows open at home as much as we can, let the fresh air flow in
- Set up our patio table and chairs
- Read on my Kindle outside
- Feed ducks
- Visit 2-3 zoo’s outside of our city
- Get an Banana split ice cream and eat it with my husband at the park
So far this is my list, I think if I remember anything else I’ll just add it. It’s not a super long list so I think I can accomplish it. You can tell I just want to spend a lot of time outside!
Have you guys created your spring bucket list yet?? Anything you think I should add to mine? Let me know in the comments!! 🙂
Good morning guys!
A couple months ago, I had some blonde streaks in my hair and of course me being indecisive, I decided to dye it dark brown all over. Usually when I box dye my hair at home, it turns out completely fine. But this time, I ran out of box dye because I didn’t realize my hair was so long and it turned out pretty patchy and instead of turning a nice dark brown color, it turned black. Since then, I’ve been trying to fade it out and get rid of the color as much as I can because usually in Spring/Summer I tend to go for the balayage look. I’m also really tired of this hair color and I don’t think I’ll ever dye it dark brown again! I think from now on if I ever want to go darker, I’ll just add in low lights because I’ve learned my lesson.
Yesterday I went and had a consultation for my hair. I have been going to the same lady since I was like 15, but I thought it was time to try a different place! I went to go meet this new lady and as soon as she started talking about my hair, I knew she knew what she was talking about. She asked me what I wanted to do with my hair and I told her how I recently box dyed it and pretty much explained the whole situation. I showed her this picture and said this was what I eventually wanted my hair to look like. She was honest with me and said it would take a couple sessions, but the first time we would aim for a caramel balayage. I liked that she was honest and didn’t want to damage my hair. She said she could easily spend the whole day and transform my hair into this, but the damage would be unbearable and I am trying to avoid as much damage as possible to my hair because I’m growing it out.
So she said this would be the goal the first session since my hair is dark, we’ll see how it ends up. By the time we go to California, it will hopefully look like that first picture! Every time I’ve done balayage in the past, I liked it but then it faded or got brassy and I started to hate it. Which is why I usually went back to darker hair quickly.
Anyways, I was able to get an appointment for the first session this Monday after work so I’m super excited to change up my hair and pretend I’m a new me 😀
Have you changed your hair recently? What did you do to it?? 🙂