Good morning and happy Monday you guys!
My trip to New Orleans is 24 days away and you know I always love to plan ahead with everything because it makes me feel more organized. So I thought I’d go ahead and think about what I’m packing for those 3 days especially since we decided to go to the beach!
I think I’m going to bring 4-5 outfits total to wear out in case I need to change or I’m not feeling it. So for those I will have to go shopping for, but this is how I am imagining it to be.
- two dresses (need to buy some pretty ones)
- pair of jeans
- 4 pairs of shirts, can be casual or fancy
- 4 pairs of shoes
- flip flops for the beach
- swimsuit (need to buy a new one from Target soon unless my old ones can fit)
- beach cover-up
- sunglasses (need to buy a nice pair because I just gave mine to my mom)
- possibly a cute sun hat
- my pjs (a shirt and shorts)
- an outfit to travel in for the car ride
I think that’s about all the clothes/accessories I should be bringing since we will just be gone for 3 days. I always overdo it, but I guess you can never have too many back up clothes right?!
Some of the other things I’ll probably pack in my purse or book bag is my Kindle for the car ride so I can read my book, my planner (maybe, not sure if I want to carry this around yet), chapstick, wallet, my camera + charger, phone charger, and my camera stick. Want to carry around a light book bag, so I’m either going to use one of my older ones or get myself another one! I have been eyeing this Coach one, but I’m not 100% sure if I want to buy it yet.
What are some essentials you guys pack on a short trip like this? Should I bring anything else?! Let me know in the comments 🙂
Good morning guys!
It’s been a while and that’s because I decided to just take a mental break from all social media. I think it’s super important to step back and take a couple days to yourself by staying off the internet. There’s so many benefits to this, but I think the best benefit is getting to spend time with whoever you want without worrying about whether you’re missing out on something online. Because in reality, you aren’t. Nothing should be more important than being/living in the moment.
I went online briefly to make my Women’s Day post, but for the rest of the break I spent a lot of time with my husband. I also caught up on Game of Thrones (I’m late I know) and we went rollerskating a lot! The weather has been good, not consistently, but good enough for us to get outside. We just got our skates recently so we’re still learning, but it feels great to pick up some speed and just exercise. Saturday was one of the best days weather wise. It was about 65 degrees and it rained in the morning, but by 1-2pm it was warm and sunny. Didn’t rain the rest of the day, so we took it to our advantage and went skating for an hour at the park in the afternoon. We went on an actual trail, we’ve been practicing on a parking lot the first couple of times. Saturday felt like spring and I don’t think my soul has been that happy in such a long time. It’s been a LONG winter, guys.
Another plus to a social media break is that you get a lot more free time. Instead of being on my phone or computer for a couple hours, I was able to do other things like some chores I’m behind on or things I’ve been wanting to do but never have had time for. It also gave me more time to sit down and read. I always choose between browsing through Reddit or reading a book on my Kindle right before I go to bed. I usually end up browsing Reddit and the last couple of days I’ve been reading instead. It’s a good decision to make!
Anyways, moral of the story is that mental breaks are much needed and everyone should take them as often as they can and as often as they’d like. Everything will be there right when you get back and you won’t miss out on much!
Does anyone else do this? I try to do it every once in a while, but I think I’ll be doing it way more often.
Happy Friday guys!
I woke up this morning feeling very refreshed and looked outside my window only to find more ice on the ground. I had great sleep and then I realized it’s March and got super excited! The weather forecast is showing that it will get much warmer after the 8th of March. So glad the winter is finally going away and I can enjoy some fresh air. Speaking of a new month, that means we have some goals to write out!
Goals for March:
- Learn a new sport (already have one on mind, will make a video about it)
- Lose 10-15 pounds
- Start vlogging – post first video on Youtube
- Be consistent with my blog posts
- Make a laundry routine so we don’t fall behind on laundry
- Share my blog, be more open about it
- Workout 5x a week
- Sleep 8 hours every night and wake up at 5 am every morning
- Go to bed earlier
- Clear up my acne scarring/skin
- Spend time outdoors as much as I can as soon as it gets warmer outside
- Read at least 1 book
- Get back into writing my to-do lists
- Save money from every paycheck for our future vacations
- Buy our Disneyland and Universal Studios tickets before the end of the month
- Work on myself, mentally and physically
- Only buy new clothes if I lose weight
- Have at least 3 date nights with my husband
- Spend less time on my phone and more time with my husband
That sounds like a pretty good list and things I can for sure accomplish! I didn’t want to make it too goal heavy because sometimes it gets unrealistic, but I know that I could do a bunch of these. And even if I only do 50% of this list, it’s still something!
Do you have any goals for March? How do you write them out and make sure you get them done? Let me know in the comments 🙂
I finally took my husbands advice and bought a Kindle! I am someone who hasn’t read a book in a long time, yes I know that’s a bad thing! But it’s been an hour since I opened my Kindle up and I have already read 4 chapters!! I wanted to write some things I already love about this device and reasons why I hated reading off my iPad, computer, or phone.
Things I love about the Kindle so far:
- It doesn’t hurt my eyes when I read
- The lighting is very nice and isn’t too bright to the point where it hurts your eyes. It literally is like a book to your eyes
- It’s light
- It’s a very light device, it’s not even half a pound so it’s easy to carry around and put in your purse or backpack
- It’s waterproof
- One of the main reasons I chose this new one was because it is waterproof, I thought this would be an awesome feature especially because it would come in handy at the beach, pool, or even taking a bath! It’s also nice to not worry about it accidentally falling into water or getting splashed
- It’s sleek
- The screen is very sleek, there is no border around it and it’s just a smooth screen overall. The whole design of it is really nice
Now, let’s talk about why I hated reading off of my phone, computer, or iPad. #1 reason I didn’t like to was because it hurt my eyes SO bad! After a couple of minutes I could feel my eyes getting irritated which usually resulted in me putting the device away and never finishing the book. Yes, a real book is nice, but it doesn’t motivate me to read. I thought if I had it on my iPad, I would feel more motivated to read it, but I just couldn’t because of the harshness on my eyes. Another reason why I didn’t like to read off of these devices is because they’re too distracting. On any of these, I could easily exit out of the Kindle app and go on social media. So that didn’t help. With the Kindle, all you have on there is BOOKS. You can’t browse the web and you can’t have other apps, all you can do is read!
Which is why I think I will be able to read more books than I ever have in 2019! Do you have a Kindle, what’s your favorite thing about it? Any good book recommendations?
If you’re interested in one, you can find it here at this link! https://amzn.to/2SiKUZD If you have an Amazon Prime account and use Prime for Students, you can also get the new Kindle for $20 less than the regular price! 🙂
I love planning for trips, it’s one of my favorite things to do. Even if it’s a short trip, I still like to plan out the stuff I’ll bring and the stuff I don’t want to forget. So even though this trip is only 3 days, I still go all out 🙌🏼 I’m hoping for this weekend trip to be very social media free, I want to just unplug and relax. I think all of us need this so the only time I would be using my phone would be to take pictures and videos, in which I will also be using my camera.
So, the weather is saying there is a chance of snow/rain and I already am thinking about what shoes I’m bringing. Probably my duck boots, since those are great in the snow and rain. And since it’s a short trip, I don’t have to bring too much clothes!
The list of stuff I’m bringing:
Pretty much just comfy clothing like:
- fuzzy socks
- my slippers
What am I packing in my little book bag?
- my camera
- camera charger
- phone charger
- a good book to read
- my iPad (only for movies at night if we’re bored or during the car rides)
- a healthy snack
- my notebook and a pen
- my chapstick
- a body spray
Something random I might bring along is a couple board games like Sorry and UNO. That might be fun to play with the fam if we get bored (which is probably not going to happen because there will be amazing views and a nice jacuzzi to go along with them).
That’s what I usually carry when I travel anywhere. A smaller book bag is easier for me than carrying a purse. I’m not bringing any makeup for this trip because I feel like it’s pointless since it’s such a short trip and also, I don’t think I’ll need it 🙂
So yeah, that’s pretty much all I’ll be bringing! The car ride is 7 hours long so let’s hope it goes by super fast. It will be a good trip!
“Me time” is super important to me because I think it’s an essential to happiness. Taking time to be alone, give yourself some love, and take that time to rest and rejuvenate. So here’s how I spend that time.
I usually like to take a Saturday and spend a couple hours for this. The first thing I like to do is either take a bath or a nice shower so my face is fresh for the face mask I am about to apply. After I apply my face mask, I’ll sit down in my quiet space (which I made sure is clean and organized) and pick something to do. Of course, I can’t relax without a candle being lit!
So by then I have already picked something I want to do, I usually pick something like this:
- Watch a movie I’ve been meaning to watch
- Catch up on shows
- Catch up on my Youtube videos I subscribe to
- Drink coffee with my husband (this relaxes me, so if I am feeling like I don’t need to be alone at the moment, he will join)
- Read a book
- Read the news
- Read some interesting Buzzfeed articles
- Write a to do list and things I need/want
Yes, there’s SO MUCH you can choose to do! Maybe even just lay there and think about your day or meditate, craft, treat yourself at the salon, or go outside and explore some nature. There’s so much to do. I haven’t been able to meditate for some reason, I tried doing it with my husband, but I end up laughing at him lol. I can’t keep it together hahaha.
I think everyone should have some “me time.” I believe it helps us in these ways:
- Helps us relax
- Gives us some time to think deeply
- Makes us more productive
- Gives your brain a break + a reboot
So take some time for yourself and let your mind speak to you!
A couple weeks back I said I would post weekly goals every Monday (one hour until Monday so this counts lol), but I forgot to so I’m starting it in 2018.
- Organize clothes in my closet
- Work on stuff from Investment online course – read necessary chapters and notes
- Order any books I need for this semester
- Wash laundry
- Clean my room
- Start first chapter of To Kill a Mockingbird & read as much as I can… bottom line is to start the book
- Blog every day
- Follow Athlean X workouts & meal plan
- Start looking at what bridal shower (look on pinterest)
- Write in my 52 Projects List book
- Clean out book bag & prepare my stuff for school
- Fix my nails (shorten them & paint them)
- Look up ways I can style my hair since I have to go to class every single day (look on Pinterest)
- Dye my hair