One of my goals this year is to really get into fashion and to try out new styles. Since Spring is just around the corner, I’m already thinking about what kind of outfits I want to buy and wear. I’ve gotten some inspiration from Pinterest and want to organize it! I am thinking of outfits I could wear to work and also on vacations or just casually if I go somewhere. I rarely wear colors and am planning on incorporating them into my outfits.
So I decided the best thing to do is make a new board on Pinterest and have everything I like in there. I’ve been using boards a lot lately and it really organizes everything nicely.
Here’s the link to my board: Spring Style 2019
The problem with our city is that Spring can turn into summer weather real quick so sometimes it just depends on what you can wear. It’s usually cold in the office, so I will most likely be wearing cardigans/jeans from Spring into Summer. But there are a lot of cute outfits I’ve found and I cannot wait to use these as inspiration! I will continue adding more stuff into this board as I find more outfits, so keep an eye out!
Does anyone else use Pinterest to organize their ideas? What do you do for outfit inspiration? Let me know below, would love to try some new things out as well! 🙂
Two weekends ago, we took a family trip to Gatlinburg pretty much up in the Great Smoky Mountains. It’s winter so obviously there isn’t greenery everywhere, but we were lucky to see some! And we also got to see snow very high up in the mountains.
The trip started on Friday when we left at 5am. I wasn’t even tired when I was getting up that morning, I was too excited for this trip even though I knew we had a long 7 hours ahead of us. We spent those 7 hours talking about random stuff and looking at the things we were driving past. My dad had some cool stories for us if we drove past something he remembered when he used to be a truck driver. The hours flew by and by the time we knew it, we were already approaching Gatlinburg. I forgot that this place was high up in the mountains and I got a little scared because my dad was driving – he’s not a bad driver, I just only trust myself when it comes to driving up in high elevations.
It took about 45 minutes to drive up to our cabin and when we finally got there, we couldn’t believe the views! It was a bunch of cabins built by each other, but far enough in between each other where you had your own privacy, so it was perfect. We found our cabin and as soon as we parked, I walked over to look at the views. There was some snow at the top so I was taking a bunch of pictures and everyone wanted pictures with that in the background. We had a little photoshoot and then started bringing our stuff inside.
The place was beautiful, so nicely decorated. I felt like a little kid running around saying “wow” to all of the stuff in there. I was super excited about the pool table and the jacuzzi because I already knew we’d be spending a lot of time with both of those. I took out my camera and started recording everything and everyones reactions. I think the first thing we did after unpacking was chilling in the jacuzzi and drinking some wine. It was so relaxing! It was a little chilly outside, nothing too cold, but perfect for the temperature of the jacuzzi. The views were great and the wine was great. My dad had a cold and was on medication and he couldn’t drink wine so we had to get him sparkling juice without alcohol. That was the funniest part since he is a huge wine fan! He still enjoyed it though.
We spent the next day exploring and driving around to see what cool stuff we could find. We went to a wine store and bought some really good wine and drove into this park that had a pretty river. We spent our nights playing pool and being competitive in UNO. UNO was so much fun and it was hilarious to see my parents play it as well. My sister was the sassiest one there, so we had to watch out for her! On our way back home, we stopped in Nashville to try some BBQ. It was good, but Texas BBQ still has my heart!
This was a great trip where lots of memories were made and lots of fun was had. Anytime with my family is a great time!!
Here are some pictures 🙂
My husband and I got married last May and it’ll be a year since we’ve been married in about 3-4 months. We pushed off our honeymoon to save some money and pick the perfect destination since we didn’t have a wedding. After doing lots of research and thinking, we’ve decided we want to go to Hawaii! At first, we looked at going to Honolulu, but I think we are leaning more towards Maui.
We chose Hawaii because we’ve never been there before and it seems like a great place to spend a couple days relaxing and exploring. The top two places we’d go to would be Honolulu and Maui. Honolulu is the capital, so that means there will be lots of tourists. We had a friend who said it’s kind of like when you go to Florida, like that kind of vibe. And then Maui is more exploring, hiking, beaches, and mountains. I think Maui would be so much fun especially if we could find like cool little waterfalls and stuff like that. It would be lots of fun exploring the area instead of being in a touristy place.
Another plus about Maui is that it’s closer than Honolulu, it’s the island right before it.
The red pin is where Maui is and you can see it’s a little closer than Honolulu. The flight times aren’t THAT much of a difference. We would have to fly from our city to LA or somewhere in California and then to Hawaii. The total flight time would be 8 hours and 35 minutes. So 4 hours from here to LA and then from LA to Maui would be another 4 hours. And that’s IF it’s a flight from here to LA, if it’s somewhere else it’s probably going to be more like 11-12 hours. That’s a LONG flight that I’m not sure I’ll be able to sit through, but it’ll be worth it!
Was looking for ideas of what to see in Maui and found this awesome video! Now I’m wondering if we’ll need to rent a car, hmm…
But really though, so many turtles!!!! Would be so cool to see one snorkling!
Here’s another good informative video, I feel like I’ve watched this before – I’ve watched pretty much every single video on this youtube channel (don’t judge me) and now I’m really looking out for things to see!
When we book our flights and hotel, I will be posting my travel essentials for this trip and more! Stay tuned! 🙂
2019 will be a great year, looking forward to lots of happiness, love, and personal growth. I plan to travel as much as I can and as much as my vacation days at work allow me. We’ve already started planning for some vacations, so they’ll be included in the list as well. So here’s my top 10 cities I want to visit in 2019 in no order whatsoever.
- New York – when it’s warmer, probably sometime in the summer. I’ve only been in December, so I would love to see Central Park in all its beauty in the summer time. And we’ll we’re in NY, I would want to go see Niagara Falls because I saw it as a kid, but my husband never has been
- Mexico or Dominican Republic – my mom wants all of us to go together (the families) so that should be fun
- Chicago – in the summer because that’s the best time to go. Lots more you can do when it’s warmer outside like swim in the lake, visit rooftop restaurants, etc.,
- Bosnia – we really want to go visit our mainland, but I don’t know if it’s feasible this year with my vacation days. It would be great to see my grandparents and introduce my husband to my family whom he’s never met before
- Seattle – we want to go for a couple days in the summer since we were there in the fall time. And this time, we wouldn’t just stay a day! It would be more like 3-4 days which gives us time to explore more of the city and hangout with friends
- This will be a placeholder for our honeymoon – we don’t know where we want to go yet, but we’re definitely planning to go in 2019
- Los Angeles – have been applying to win Ellen tickets again like I did that one time, but I wasn’t able to go. I heard she was retiring in a year, so I want to go before she stops doing the Ellen show. We went to LA over 5 years ago, so I’d love to go back and explore it better than I did the first time (and visit Santa Barbara <3)
- Yellowstone National Park – this is on my list for sure! This one would take a lot of planning
- Miami – I kind of want to go here for my birthday this year, just a weekend would be nice. My birthday falls on a Thursday, so I could just go for 3-4 days and it would be fun! I still need to plan for Mirhad’s birthday, we’re trying this thing where we just go visit somewhere for our birthdays instead of staying at home! His is on a Friday, so it’s much easier to take off 1 day of vacation days and go somewhere for 3 days
- Lake Tahoe – my mom REALLY wants to go here next summer too. We had a lot of fun there in 2016 and she wants us all to go again including my husbands parens. I think it’s a great idea and Lake Tahoe is such a beautiful place
I really hope I can visit all of these awesome places because trust me, a girl needs a vacation multiple times a year especially when you work all the time! So here’s hoping we all get to visit the places we have planned to visit in 2019! ✈️✈️✈️
Are you guys planning on going anywhere in 2019?? Let me know! 🙂
After SFO, the next stop was Yosemite. We let ourselves sleep in, got up, had breakfast, and started our road trip to Yosemite. So it’s about 3 hours and 20 minutes to Yosemite and we got there pretty fast.
Last year when we went to Yosemite, we came from Lake Tahoe so it was faster overall. The side we came from last time was very pretty, but this time there weren’t a lot of good views. There were some parts that were cool, but mostly it was just trees and dead trees from the recent fire. Some parts were scary to drive through, but nothing like the first time we went!
When we finally made it to the part where it has two road options, we decided to go towards the beach side because our Airbnb was that way anyways and Mirhad just couldn’t wait to see that. We didn’t have time to go back and see the falls on the other side, but that’s for next time! It took about an hour to get to the beach area and when we got there, Mirhad fell asleep right away on the sand.
It was as beautiful as the last time we were there. We stayed at the beach for a good hour, soaking up some sun and just relaxing after our long drive. After chilling for a bit, we decided to explore the area and take some pictures since we couldn’t drive to the other side. We got some cool pictures though using the self timer on our camera so it was fun to click the button and run quickly to get in a good pose.
We got hungry after a while and went to this gas station to eat. We had a REALLY good burger, we were actually shocked as to how yummy it was. This was also the same gas station we went to last time we were in Yosemite so it was cool to reminisce on those memories. After we ate, we grabbed some snacks and we started driving towards our Airbnb. I didn’t expect the Airbnb to be SO nice. We had mountain views and everything we needed. Although, we didn’t really spend time outside when we arrived… we went straight to bed as we knew we had another day of driving ahead of us. Next up, Vegas!!!
Hello hello hello!!!!!!
Happy Thursday! I’m ECSTATIC this morning because we got our first snow!! 🙂 I can’t remember the last time we had good snow where we could actually go and sled and when things like school were actually cancelled. It’s so beautiful outside and I am just enjoying this as much as I can. Times like this make me realize how lucky I am to be alive and well and that I get to enjoy these moments. It really is all about the little things in life!
Today I’m obviously working from home, no way was I going to drive up to work at 7am this morning with the roads the way they are! The best thing about this is that I got to wake up refreshed and I got to drink my coffee without rushing! I have the BEST views right now and it keeps getting better because it’s still snowing so much.
Todays snow confirmed me wanting to live in Colorado 100%. This is why I’m so excited for the future!!!! Also, I’m supposed to go there again early next year, so I think I will run into some snow 🙂 🙂 🙂
I have a couple things I want to do today besides work! I really want to go sledding when I’m done with work today and I want to find our next Airbnb for our vacation coming up. I do need to get a sled first though 🙂
Anyways, this was a quick little post because I just had to share that we got snow! Here are some pictures.
Also, side note: I don’t like this new editor/publisher thing that WordPress changed… it’s too confusing.
I love Amazon and I feel like my husband and I order from there quite often. So I thought it would be a cool idea to show you guys my top 5 favorite purchases in no order and why I like them!
#1: Camera & Phone Tripod
- I really like this tripod because the last one I had was the type where you could pull these circles off and make it smaller or whatever and it was just annoying dealing with it. This one is sturdy and can’t break easily. It wasn’t super expensive either. It also comes with a phone mount thing where you could put your phone and it has a camera mount if you want to put your digital camera. One more awesome perk is that it comes with a remote shutter which is super cool!
#2: Dimmable Fluorescent Ring Light
- This is the first time I’ve purchased a ring light and I have to say that this changes EVERYTHING! Yesterday I was checking out my makeup in the mirror and had this light on – it made my skin look flawless. I could see every detail whereas on my regular mirror, it’s hard to see if I messed up somewhere. I bought this to use when I make Youtube videos or when I take pictures, so I think this was a good investment. I got the cheaper version of the two since I didn’t really care what color the metal was, works fine either way.
#3: Mezzaluna Chopper and Knife
- Okay this is one of the coolest kitchen tools we own! One time, we got a salad at Subway and they used some blade thing to chop the salad in a big bowl and literally the salad was amazing. So later on, we find out that this is the tool they use! We found it on Amazon for a great price and tried it the other day when making a salad. It chopped through lettuce, cucumbers, and chicken. It was so good! The blades are really sharp so I’d be careful around this one!
#4: Bed Head Deep Waver for Beachy Waves
- This reminded me of a crimper from like way back in 6th grade. It makes beautiful beachy waves! My hair is medium length right now and it makes it look so wavy I love it. I can’t wait until it grows even longer, I’ll feel so tropical. I watched a Youtube video of someone using this on short hair too and it looks so pretty. If you look at the reviews, you can see how it looks on different hair styles. One of the best purchases for my hair lately.
#5: simplehuman Rectangular Step Trash Can
- My husband broke our trash can over the summer – I washed it and left it outside to dry and he ended up dropping it to the point where it broke and wasn’t usable anymore. We were thinking about just replacing a piece (the black can inside), but it was pointless to do since that wasn’t really cheap either. Also, it’s tough finding one that exactly fits yours when you don’t even know what trash can it is anymore! So we searched for months and decided to get this one. Best decision ever!! This trash can is great and it closes by itself slowly so it doesn’t slam on anything. They also gave us a sample of their trash bags that are like a true fit to our specific can and I think we’re going to purchase some more because they’re amazing. It’s so easy to pull the trash bag out whereas before it was a struggle. It’s also a good size for a not so big kitchen.
So that’s my list, have you tried any of these items?? Let me know in the comments! 🙂