2018 was filled with lots of love, happiness, and craziness. So many memories and fun things we did so I want to take a moment and look back on every month and write down something I did! And these might be some little things, but they’re good memories to look back on because I have a hard time remembering stuff! ❤
- I rang in the new year as an engaged lady
- We closed on our new home
- Officially started buying renovation supplies for the house
- Started my last semester of college
- Tore down a wall in our house (for the first time) and it was super fun
- Made a famous soup recipe from The Spaghetti Factory and it was 🔥
- Started officially taking my blog seriously and committing time to it (I started in December of 2017, but just created one)
- Got my bridal shower invitations made, printed out, and sent out to people
- Bought a really cute pink purse combo (huge step because I only buy black purses so having a different color was new to me)
- Saw Aleksandra Prijovic live in concert
- Struggled with my finance classes (lol)
- Booked my last appointment to take my braces off
- Took my niece and nephew to Sky Zone and went to eat after – my nephew drank soda and was so hyper
- Completed the tiles in the bathroom
- Talked about our wedding and looked for wedding venues
- Moved the gym from his parents basement into our garage
- Took our niece to the movies to watch Peter Rabbit (such a good movie)
- Painted our house
- Put a new tub, toilet, and sink in our bathrooms
- Someone stole our AC system outside at our new house (assholes)
- Father in law got the kids new bunnies (we made sure to not attach ourselves to them otherwise we would take them home lol)
- Added the flooring into our house
- Got my braces off!!!!!
- My dad left his power tool in one of the houses he sold so he was sad until they let him get it back lol
- Went to Chicago with Ado and Nejla for a weekend (end of March, beginning of April)
- They took us to a place called Steak 52 I think and it was super expensive but such a cool experience
- Got drunk from a fish bowl at Sugar Factory
- Visited the Nutella Factory in Chicago for the first time
- Had a mimosa for brunch for the first time
- Tore all the walls off in the basement
- Made bosnian bread for the first time in a long time and it was delicious
- Mirhad fell down the stairs in his basement and now has a huge scar on leg (lmao)
- Started looking at furniture for our house
- Had Husko’s chili for the first time (the best)
- Made my party favors for the bridal shower and other decorations
- Passed my second kidney stone – worst pain ever
- Looked for my graduation outfit
- Got my makeup done by my bff for my bridal shower
- Had my bridal shower!!
- Elma bought a snapchat geo filter made just for my shower ❤
- Opened up gifts at home with the families instead of at the shower, it was more fun this way and my nephew had a blast trying to open all of the gifts before me
- Put in our kitchen cabinets
- Sanela’s fam bought us a TV
- We picked the granite top for the kitchen
- Dad installed a new door, but had to knocked down some of the wall to do it
- Furnished our living room
- Bought a bed set
- Planted my first flowers 🌷
- Searched for my Mosque wedding dress
- Entered my last month of college
- Had my graduation party (earlier bc we wanted to also celebrate my dads and sister birthdays)
- Mirhad went to Boston for a couple of days
- Went bike riding in Forest Park
- Granite top was added to our kitchen
- Ordered a graduation cap topper from Etsy and got it in the mail right before graduation
- Got our kitchen completed including the appliances
- Graduated college!!!
- Got married a couple days later ❤
- Mirhad walked the stage at his graduation, but actually just now graduated a couple days ago
- My niece graduated pre-school, had a mini graduation
- Went to Colorado with Mirhad, Ermin, Sanela, and Anel and had lots of fun
- Mirhad had his eye surgery
- We bought a puppy!
- My sister went to a college prep camp for 2 weeks
- We got a dining room set finally
- Mirhad and Omer killed a wasps nest by our door
- Celebrated our first Bajram as a married couple
- Mirhad drove 4 hours to pick up our puppy
- Had lots of fun, snuggles, and struggles with our pup and ended up having to give him away 2 weeks later
- I started my new job
- Went to a family picnic in St. James and fished
- Mirhad was trimming the bushes in front of our house and accidentally trimmed the extension cord as well
- Celebrated 4th of July in the park we’ve been going to for 3 years now
- Went canoeing in Forest Park
- Celebrated my birthday and went home earlier from work
- Went to Dallas, TX for my birthday weekend
- Tried Texas BBQ for the first time
- Went swimming on a rooftop pool
- Sat in a Tesla for the first time
- Made my fall wreath
- Went to a Card’s game
- Made a coffee bar
- Surprised my nephew with a birthday cupcake and a mini trampoline
- Attended one of my best friends brothers wedding
- Chilled on a hammock with Mirhad and ate fruit
- Ate a spongebob ice cream
- Attended another friends wedding
- Went on our trip to Seattle, San Fran, Yosemite, and Vegas
- Celebrated Mirhad’s birthday in the West Coast
- Decorated pumpkins and put them in front of the house
- Got a patio set
- Took some photos in a pumpkin patch
- Tried a pumpkin spiced latte for the first time ever
- Watched our friends get engaged
- Surprised Zana with a baby shower
- Searched for fall leaves in every park and took lots of pics
- Had a picnic in Forest Park
- Put up my Christmas tree
- Had our first sleepover with my niece and nephew
- Dyed my hair dark brown
- Heard a car crash into the river by our house (scary)
- Parked our car in the garage for the first time (after it was all cleaned out)
- First snow at this house
- Had Friendsgiving at our friends house
- Got this super cute purse from my hubs
- Celebrated my nieces 6th birthday
- Got to meet baby Adnan
- Got Mirhad Airpods for his New Years present
- 2 of my bff’s graduated college
- Went to Chicago for a weekend to see the lights
- Finished wrapping all presents and put them under the tree
And now as this year is about to wrap up, I wish everyone a very happy and safe New Years! Hoping for lots of happiness, love, and adventures in 2019! ❤
Wanted to blog yesterday, literally had a post I was writing, but then I had to go help Mirhad study for his test. Currently I’m at the airport with Mirhad, we are looking at the wait times and how long it takes each person by timing them to see if it is accurate with their devices. Sitting here watching the TSA line really makes me want to buy a plane ticket and just go explore somewhere else. Oh, how I wish ✨
So I officially got 2 tickets to the Ellen Show and we were just looking at airplane ticket prices and it’s much cheaper on Frontier Airlines than if I used Travelocity and another airliner. About to look at Airbnb’s and see how much it would be because Airbnb’s are way better than a hotel, they just feel more homey. Hopefully they’re not too expensive!
I can’t believe I finished all of my online assignments before Friday, yay. I worked super hard for this! The only 2 things I have is for my classes is due Monday & Tuesday but it’s not too much work. So I can chill this weekend for a little bit yay! Next 2 weeks will be gruesome bc final projects and finals in my online classes, but when that’s over I will have a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders. Then finally I can focus mainly on my two classes that I have M-TR and I can focus on other important stuff too! Yay, I can’t wait seriously. Spring Break cannot come any sooner. So since I’m going to the Ellen Show, I think I’m not gonna do anything for Spring Break and just stay in California for a couple days longer instead. That way I don’t go somewhere and then go somewhere again 2-3 weeks later.. the wait will be worth it!
Hmm, what else?? Still working on my 2017 best memories video.. taking longer than I thought it would hahahahaha.
But yeah, I think that’s pretty much it, there are some posts I have to make still that I haven’t had time to do.
Let’s see what I have to do this week!!!
Micro study guide
Study for micro exam
Financial Mgt quiz
- Investment Week 6 Stocktrak Assignment
CSIS discussions + replies
- Marketing discussions (3)
- Marketing Assignment
- Marketing replies
- Make VDAY card
- Work on favorite moments of 2017 video
- Work on house
- Check out places for SB 2018
- Find a good camera to buy
- Open up a Home Depot credit card
- Start Keto next week – prep for it
- Write a “How to stay organized” blog post
Go with Mirhad to buy a new phone
- Finish all homework by Friday this week
Still morning for me because I am still kind of waking up. Cleaned my room and put my laundry to wash – I really need to stop pushing that off bc eventually I run out of clothes and then I’m stuck washing so much laundry in one day 😐 Anyways, I have a lot of stuff to do today (school wise) and I am freaking out. Even though I literally did so much homework last week so I wouldn’t have to this weekend, it somehow still piled up!!!! Week 8, where are ya???? About to update my planner so I know what’s going on this week, I know I have an exam and I think another one online so I got some note catching up to do. It’s pretty cold outside today so that means I’m not leaving my house which is a good excuse to stay in my room and do all of this stuff lol.
Re-cap of this weekend:
- Aleksandra Prijovic concert was not good, not because of her singing she actually sang well, but because of the atmosphere of concerts. I think this is my last concert I’m going to go to for a really long time. I have no desire to see anyone else live. I’m just sick of the same things happening every time a concert is held in the same place.. people pushing and shoving CONSTANTLY, drunk people everywhere spilling their drinks and throwing their beers on the floor to crack into tiny pieces (one in which I stepped on), and the fact that there is little kids basically drunk (teens). So annoying so I just refuse to deal with it anymore. I didn’t have fun at all and I wish I didn’t go, but whatever. Lesson learned!
- Think I need a mental vacation from everyone, maybe even a real one lol. Sometimes I really wish I could drive to Colorado by myself and just chill in the mountains alone, listening to the peace and quiet of nature, enjoying the views. But no, obviously I can’t do that because school and my parents would freak out. I’m going to figure out if I can go somewhere for Spring Break bc I’m going to need this soon.
- School sucks. Yes, all my homework and assignments are mostly from my online class, BUT there is SO FREAKING MUCH OF IT. It is like a never-ending cycle. I finish something for one class and then I have the same work load for the next class, and then the next. And then my classes I actually go to in person, I literally have an assignment due every week and it’s shit I’m so confused about, like I kind of get it but it’s not 100% yet. Which is why today will be spent learning that.
- Rosemary Essential Oil actually helps you concentrate and focus which is super crazy. I’m sitting here writing this and I’m going super hard. I look over and my diffuser is on, this is amazing. Thank God for things like this because sometimes ya need it!!
- Caught up on Riverdale and was reminded of why I love this show so much. Even tho it’s cringy sometimes, it’s so good. Latest episode had me screaming bc of the ending…. no words. Can’t wait to see what the hell happened on Wednesday!!!! Also Bughead are back together, hell yeaaaaaaaa.
- Went to IKEA yesterday with Sanela so she could buy a table for her basement, it looks amazing BTW and I ended up buying myself a little side table. Looks so cute and it’s very useful because now I have more room for stuff I put besides my bed. I use to use this storage box thingy which was very cute, but this is better. Pic below.
- Also went to Marshal’s yesterday and got some clothes. Mainly sweats because I literally have none. The one I did have Emma took so I needed these. I also bought a shirt that is sleeveless but has a hood, it’s really cute. And I also bought a really pretty OPI nailpolish called Berry something I forgot the other part, but it’s so pretty.
- Oh yeah, almost forgot! On Friday I went to the outlet mall with Elma and Vildana bc Elma needed some tights for the concert and I’ve been wanting to go to Coach to buy a purse since they didn’t have anything good at Tj-Maxx or Marshal’s. I ended up getting a really good deal (always good deals at the outlet Coach store) and I got a purse with a wristlet and a little thing I can put my cards in if I didn’t want to carry a purse or something. The bundle was $159 and that’s amazing because the purse alone is $295. I think it’s very useful for traveling. It is like a berry color and to my surprise, it matches the nail-polish I got yesterday hahahaha. I’ve been wanting a new purse for a while anyways and Mirhad wanted to get me a present for New Years since he never did! Great for work too.
Yeah that’s pretty much it. Need to go work now!
Wow, it’s the last day of January.. where has the month gone?! Seriously, New Years was like the other day?? So crazy how fast times flies and we forget to sit down and appreciate the little things in life. It’ll be summer by the time we know it, the winter again, and then another new year. It really flies by.
Sitting here finding the motivation within to finish my marketing assignments… I really wish I finished them yesterday lol. Tomorrow I have to finish the huge investments assignment and I am done – nope actually I have a micro assignment I have no idea how to do so that is what I will probably be doing Sunday hahaha. Have to start making myself food in like 45 mins and I think I’m going to share that recipe on my blog today!!! It’s one of my favorites 🙂
I changed the theme of my blog and honestly I don’t like it so I think I’m going to change it and try to mess with it some other time lol. The white is just too plain, I liked my mountain background 🙂
Ummmm so yeah, that’s pretty much it. Going to go start on this finally!
Hmm, this is a tough one to think about. I honestly can’t think of anything right now.. nothing has really been on my mind for years that I have felt guilty about or something I need to forgive myself for.
I guess the one thing I can think of is this: my parents use to take us on vacation every summer if possible and my dad LOVED to take pictures. Pictures of us on our vacation doing everything, to me as a chubby little 8-16 year old, I HATED it. I would literally get mad at my dad for wanting to take so many pictures. Now that I am older, I find myself looking at our printed photos in the box we keep them in and I always wish there was more pictures. Since last year I stopped getting mad at him and I made sure to include myself and take selfies with him. That’s definitely another one of my goals for 2018 – take more photos with the people I love. Memories are nothing if you can’t remember them 20 years from now, but pictures are forever. So I guess this isn’t something I need to forgive myself for? It’s just something that I have always held inside and I feel bad for ever getting mad at my dad and complaining to him. I always remember times where he would take pictures and I would get mad and he would just walk away sad. Hurts my heart. He just wanted us to be happy and remember those moments. I love my dad and am very thankful for everything he has done for us ❤ Now it’s my turn to take over the picture taking 🙂
Woke up this morning and ate a nice breakfast. Finally back on track with the healthy diet, 8 days late but that’s ok!! After I ate my breakfast, I called the gas and electric company for new service at my house. One step closer to getting started!!!! 😀
Mirhad called me this morning to tell me why he overslept – because he was watching a show called End of the f**king world and he told me it was so good he finished the whole season last night. Given each episode is less than 20 minutes long with 8 episodes the first season so it makes sense to why he watched it all last night lol. So he told me to watch it all by the time he gets back from work! So that’s what I’m doing, just started the episode, we’ll see how this show is.
Today I plan on finishing this show and then watch Younger because I miss that show lol. Then I’m going to blog, hangout with Mirhad, and I don’t know what else. Maybe start that book today!! We’ll see where the day takes me 🙂
But yeah, it’s Monday, the start of a new week. I wrote my goals in the previous blog post, but my one goal this week for myself is to relax this week before school starts on Tuesday.
I think I am going to write my long term goals soon and do some research as well. Might turn it into a blog post?? 🙂
See ya later!