Hi guys, happy Friday!!
I have been wanting to move on from wordpress.com into hosting my own website and making my own changes for a while now. It’s been a long journey, but I have finally started on that process. The site I use now just doesn’t let me be as flexible as I want, so it’s for the best! I don’t know what kind of blog I will be doing next, there are a few ideas I have in mind such as creating a blog with my husband or doing something with fashion, but it hasn’t clicked for me yet.
So I will not be posting on this page anymore and as soon as my new one is completed, I will share it with you guys in hopes you will follow me on this new journey 🙂 thank you guys for following along and making my day with your comments! I will be around to continue reading everyones posts! 🙂
I was reading a post from LA which was about checking in on her winter bucket list. I thought this was such great idea to go back to your winter bucket list and see if you accomplished anything on there. Plus, winter is basically over and I have already started on my spring bucket list so there’s no better time to do this than now!
- Drink hot chocolate and watch a movie in my pj’s w/ my husband yes, did this a lot of times.. maybe just once with hot chocolate though
- Bake cookies and decorate them (sprinkles, frosting, etc) did bake cookies, just didn’t do the decorating part like I wanted to
- Go see Christmas lights at least 3x yes! Saw many Christmas lights
- Buy presents for family, wrap them, and put them under the tree yes! Had a post about this too, hours and hours of wrapping, but worth it
- Go ice-skating we went at least 2x
- Visit Chicago and see the lights + ice skate we did end up going to Chicago and we did get to see all the lights, but the line to ice skate was like 2+ hours and we weren’t going to wait that long so maybe next year
- Plan an upcoming vacation yes, planned our Gatlinburg, TN trip
- Watch as many movies as I can during my free time YES! Watched sooooo many movies it was ridiculous. I think 2018 was the year I became a movie lover
- Write my 2019 goals yes + got a planner and updated it to the max
- Decorate a gingerbread house with husband no, didn’t end up doing this sadly
- Scrapbook was able to sit down and do it once, but I needed more supplies so until next time
- Read yes! I actually got to read a lot this winter and I’m super proud of myself because I used to NEVER read books
I’d say I got most of this list done, the couple things I didn’t get to do was probably because we decided not to do it! Before I found my list, I really thought I wasn’t going to end up checking any of these off because usually I write a super long list and end up doing like 2 things only. I’m surprised, but it was a fun winter so it makes sense! 🙂
Thanks LA for the great idea! Everyone should check her page out, she’s awesome!
It’s officially the first day of spring!!! Just like for any season, you have to have a bucket list for this season too. Writing this list has made me so excited for spring, so here we go!
- Fly a kite
- Take pictures of the pretty trees + flowers blooming
- Have a nice picnic around the pretty colors
- Go on a random road trip or two
- Visit the farmers market
- Rollerblade lots and lots in the park
- Make a bird feeder (we have bird food, just never got around to making them a house)
- Take our niece and nephew to the park
- Plan out April and May in my planner
- Spend time outside as much as I can, soak up the warm sun
- Go to the Botanical Gardens
- Buy fresh flowers
- Make our front/back yard look nice
- Look for bunnies
- Have a BBQ at the park
- Take lots of photos of my husband and I outside
- Plan our California trip
- Plan our 2-3 summer trips
- Prank my husband for April Fool’s Day
- Keep the windows open at home as much as we can, let the fresh air flow in
- Set up our patio table and chairs
- Read on my Kindle outside
- Feed ducks
- Visit 2-3 zoo’s outside of our city
- Get an Banana split ice cream and eat it with my husband at the park
So far this is my list, I think if I remember anything else I’ll just add it. It’s not a super long list so I think I can accomplish it. You can tell I just want to spend a lot of time outside!
Have you guys created your spring bucket list yet?? Anything you think I should add to mine? Let me know in the comments!! 🙂
We are having some great weather here and to make it even better, Ulta has released their list for the 21 Days of Beauty! Every year, Ulta has their 21 Days of Beauty sale and I always get at least 1-2 items that are really good deals! Here’s the link to the event!
Now since it’s specific items each day, I like to go through each day and see if I want anything and then write it down so I remember to go that day or order online if I can’t make it in! For some of the days, nothing caught my eye, but here’s my list!
- Mario Badescu* Botanical Exfoliating Scrub on sale for $13
- Urban Decay* Eyeshadow Primer Potion on sale for $12, this is one of my favorite eyeshadow primers and works great with my skin
- Peter Thomas Roth* Hungarian Thermal Mask & Moisturizer on sale for $29.. a little pricey, but I’ve never tried it and it looks good
- Anastasia Beverly Hills* Brow Wiz on sale for $10.50.. this is a STEAL! I would get one of these, but I have one brand new one at home and one I just started using recently so I don’t need it. If you’re looking for a light, easy brow pencil this one is great
- Skyn Iceland* Eye Gels on sale for $7.50-15.. never tried these but they look like they would work well
- Tarte* Tartelette Toasted Eyeshadow Palette on sale for $19.50.. have always wanted to try this one out and it’s a good price. Might be useful for traveling especially because it has a mirror
- Mario Badescu* Drying Lotion on sale for $8.50.. my sister uses this and says it works really well
- Clinique* Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator on sale for $19.50. One of my favorite moisturizers and it’s a great price on sale, will stock up
- Mario Badescu* Vitamin C Serum on sale for $22.50. Vitamin C is super good on the skin and I have been looking for a good serum from a brand I can trust
- M•A•C* Prep + Prime Skin on sale for $15.50.. I have the Mac fix + spray and I love it so maybe this will work as good
- IT Cosmetics* Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara on sale for $12.. one of my favorite mascaras so I need to stock up! Also got my mom hooked on it, so I will grab one for her as well!
So there’s my list, does anyone else have any favorites they stock up on from events like this? Might as well get it when it’s on sale, right? 🙂
Spring is coming which means it’s almost that time for spring cleaning! Since it’ll be the first time we’ve been in our new home when it’s spring, I feel like I need to make the ultimate cleaning list. There is sooooo much to do and I really love opening up the windows when it’s nice outside and just enjoying the breeze. It makes cleaning THAT much better. Making this list will also make my life easier because I don’t have to sit down in a couple of weeks and think about it, it’ll just be here! FYI, long list ahead! 🙂
- clean all of the windows including the little area between the net and the window
- take down my curtains and washing them so they smell fresh
- put away anything left from the winter and bringing out any spring stuff
- deep clean the bathrooms (sink, toilets, showers, floors)
- re-organize the pantry
- dust off surfaces in the whole house
- re-organize shoe closet
- move all furniture and clean underneath it
- wipe down all floor moldings
- wipe down dust from picture frames + mirrors
- vacuum and Swiffer the floors including all corners and edges
- organize office closets
- re-arrange the den
- vacuum the basement + laundry room
- wash bed covers/pillow cases/pillows from bedroom + guest bedroom
- freshen up and re-arrange guest bedroom
- re-organize closet that has all my house stuff
- wipe down ceiling fans
- clean any shoes that got dirty from winter
- wipe down the basement stairs + basement hallway
- wash the doors from scuff marks
- dust the office bookcase
- freshen up living room furniture and wash the pillows from the couch
- clean the tiles in the shower
- replace any light bulbs that are missing in the rooms
- change air filter
- clean the microwave + dishwasher + oven
- re-organize plastic containers, buy new ones if needed
- clean + organize kitchen drawers
- clean out cabinets + re-organize
- clean coffee machine + coffee bar area.. re-organize coffee mugs (maybe buy the shelf I’ve been wanting above it)
- clean under the sink
- clean dining room table (wipe down any dust from chairs)
- clean out bathroom shelves
- put in new bathroom floor matts after cleaning the bathroom floors
- re-organize makeup table, throw out any old, expired items
- add shelves to the laundry room and set it up
- get rid of any clutter like old food and things we don’t want
- put away winter clothes and bring out spring clothes (wash them) + re-organize closet
- organize office desk and throw out any unnecessary things
Now, the outside is a whole different story. There is so much to do and since it’s been a long winter, there is a lot of fallen branches and stuff we need to clean up.
- clean off driveway with water hose
- do any paint touch ups around the door and front steps etc.,
- clean the grill
- clean out garage so I can park the car
- throw out any clutter from the garage, sell it if possible
- clean out gutters
- replace broken awning
- put new lightbulbs in areas where the lights went out
- trim trees/bushes
- cut down trees if needed since they are very dry and can fall
- get rid of any bugs outside the house (plus add bug spray) and clean out rock area by front door
- wash my car (this is sooooo needed)
I think that’s everything.. wow that’s A LOT! But it needs to get done, so I’m going to take my time and break it out into sessions throughout the weekends! Especially since it’s not 100% warm outside yet and the weather is unpredictable, we can’t really do all the outside stuff, but I can do some of the inside cleaning! I’m excited though, spring cleaning can be fun if you make it fun! 🙂
Does anyone else use a spring cleaning list to help you remember what you need to do? Lists in general are super helpful for me, so this will be a HUGE plus. Anything I missed that you recommend needs to be done for spring?? Let me know in the comments 🙂
Good morning guys!
It’s been a while and that’s because I decided to just take a mental break from all social media. I think it’s super important to step back and take a couple days to yourself by staying off the internet. There’s so many benefits to this, but I think the best benefit is getting to spend time with whoever you want without worrying about whether you’re missing out on something online. Because in reality, you aren’t. Nothing should be more important than being/living in the moment.
I went online briefly to make my Women’s Day post, but for the rest of the break I spent a lot of time with my husband. I also caught up on Game of Thrones (I’m late I know) and we went rollerskating a lot! The weather has been good, not consistently, but good enough for us to get outside. We just got our skates recently so we’re still learning, but it feels great to pick up some speed and just exercise. Saturday was one of the best days weather wise. It was about 65 degrees and it rained in the morning, but by 1-2pm it was warm and sunny. Didn’t rain the rest of the day, so we took it to our advantage and went skating for an hour at the park in the afternoon. We went on an actual trail, we’ve been practicing on a parking lot the first couple of times. Saturday felt like spring and I don’t think my soul has been that happy in such a long time. It’s been a LONG winter, guys.
Another plus to a social media break is that you get a lot more free time. Instead of being on my phone or computer for a couple hours, I was able to do other things like some chores I’m behind on or things I’ve been wanting to do but never have had time for. It also gave me more time to sit down and read. I always choose between browsing through Reddit or reading a book on my Kindle right before I go to bed. I usually end up browsing Reddit and the last couple of days I’ve been reading instead. It’s a good decision to make!
Anyways, moral of the story is that mental breaks are much needed and everyone should take them as often as they can and as often as they’d like. Everything will be there right when you get back and you won’t miss out on much!
Does anyone else do this? I try to do it every once in a while, but I think I’ll be doing it way more often.