I finally took my husbands advice and bought a Kindle! I am someone who hasn’t read a book in a long time, yes I know that’s a bad thing! But it’s been an hour since I opened my Kindle up and I have already read 4 chapters!! I wanted to write some things I already love about this device and reasons why I hated reading off my iPad, computer, or phone.
Things I love about the Kindle so far:
- It doesn’t hurt my eyes when I read
- The lighting is very nice and isn’t too bright to the point where it hurts your eyes. It literally is like a book to your eyes
- It’s light
- It’s a very light device, it’s not even half a pound so it’s easy to carry around and put in your purse or backpack
- It’s waterproof
- One of the main reasons I chose this new one was because it is waterproof, I thought this would be an awesome feature especially because it would come in handy at the beach, pool, or even taking a bath! It’s also nice to not worry about it accidentally falling into water or getting splashed
- It’s sleek
- The screen is very sleek, there is no border around it and it’s just a smooth screen overall. The whole design of it is really nice
Now, let’s talk about why I hated reading off of my phone, computer, or iPad. #1 reason I didn’t like to was because it hurt my eyes SO bad! After a couple of minutes I could feel my eyes getting irritated which usually resulted in me putting the device away and never finishing the book. Yes, a real book is nice, but it doesn’t motivate me to read. I thought if I had it on my iPad, I would feel more motivated to read it, but I just couldn’t because of the harshness on my eyes. Another reason why I didn’t like to read off of these devices is because they’re too distracting. On any of these, I could easily exit out of the Kindle app and go on social media. So that didn’t help. With the Kindle, all you have on there is BOOKS. You can’t browse the web and you can’t have other apps, all you can do is read!
Which is why I think I will be able to read more books than I ever have in 2019! Do you have a Kindle, what’s your favorite thing about it? Any good book recommendations?
If you’re interested in one, you can find it here at this link! https://amzn.to/2SiKUZD If you have an Amazon Prime account and use Prime for Students, you can also get the new Kindle for $20 less than the regular price! 🙂